Windows 10: Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service

Discus and support Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10, Microsoft is changing the traditional Windows model and goes towards Windows as a Service, which is a new concept that would bring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 12, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service

Source

:)

labeeman, May 12, 2015
  2. Anup999 Win User

windows phone apps crashing

I am using windows phone from last two years I love to use windows OS, also OS 10 update is very impressive. But wth apps is still crashing, I cant able to use apps effectively, most of the apps crash for no reason and some apps showing problem while opening.
    And why the windows team is neglecting this problem and not working on it, if they can't able to focus on mobile apps how they are woking on other windows services, just give me a good reason why should I stick on windows phone if they are not providing customer
    service.

Anup999, May 12, 2015
  3. Getting updates when Microsoft releases them not the cell phone service providor.

One of the great things about the iPhone is that Apple has control of their updates and not the service providor like AT&T. I love the windows phone platform, but hate that there are updates and AT&T has not released them. The phone should be like a computer
    and the service providor should be like an ISP. ISP don't control Windows updates to my computer, why do you let cell phone service providors control the updates to my phone?

Interista10, May 12, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

I do not give much Credence to Softpedia*Smile

5. Mystere Win User
    Windows as a Service, if it ever sees the light of day, probably isn't what most people think it is. It's more likely an update model, not a licensing model.

Mystere, May 13, 2015
  6. That better be an update model bring new features, not one fixing bugs or security issues.

fracking4oil, May 13, 2015
  7. Phone Man Win User
    I believe the License model is a device license which means you get a license to run Windows on a particular device and they will keep it updated with new security fixes as well as new features. Since most devices are sold with Windows installed its works great as you don't have to pay to upgrade. If you build your own and buy Windows for that device it gets updated but you can't transfer it to a new device.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, May 13, 2015
  8. Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service

As questionable as Softpedia might be, many articles have been written about this since October 2014. I am thoroughly convinced that updates will be pushed to end users on Windows 10.

One thing though; I notice that it mentions home editions will be first to be receiving updates so that they can iron out issues. That way, business editions can receive updates that are debugged and known-working. Way to trash home user systems to benefit business. Sheesh!

Seems like the "Pro" version of Windows 10 might be a safer bet. *Smile

Jody Thornton, May 14, 2015
  9. Wouldn't that only be the case if the Win 10 Home user was on the fast ring?

fracking4oil, May 14, 2015
  10. Fast Ring (if you mean the automatically updated batch) would be for Home User Licenses I understand.

Jody Thornton, May 19, 2015
  11. The way I read it is Consumer versions of Home and Pro will get updates pushed to them. Pro and Enterprise versions in a corporate environment will not. A company that uses something like Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), will have control of what updates get applied to corporate PC's. Just buying the Pro version will not get you control over updates. That's just my interpretation. It's all just guess work until we see something direct from Microsoft anyway.

alphanumeric, May 19, 2015
  12. Those still running an insider preview (which will be allowed) set to fast ring get updates right away. They will be the test bed. Any bugs that are detected are fixed. Then they go out to anybody that upgraded to the RTM. Then its as I posted in my other post. Consumer editions don't get a choice, Enterprise customers do. That's how I read it anyway.

alphanumeric, May 20, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

No. Just like with Insiders, there's Fast and Slow ring (Might be more rings even). Fast gets updates as soon as they are released. Slow only gets them after they have been validated by Fast as being problem free.

Mystere, May 20, 2015
  14. linw Win User
    The fast ring peeps are the canaries in the coal mine!! No doubt I'll stay there.

15. Oh I understand that part, but don't slow ring license holders get to choose if they want to install an update or not?

Jody Thornton, May 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service - Similar Threads - Microsoft Shows Why

2. Love

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Love: Peace and whales https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/love/a63725f0-c7ff-4aa3-a88e-fa935a50f53b
  3. why you should become a pilot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why you should become a pilot?: 1. Communication in EnglishCommunication is possibly the most important part of the flight. If you can't communicate efficiently while flying, you could be in serious trouble. A pilot who can communicate with the control tower and other pilots will have fewer problems flying....
  4. why you should become a pilot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why you should become a pilot?: 1. Communication in EnglishCommunication is possibly the most important part of the flight. If you can't communicate efficiently while flying, you could be in serious trouble. A pilot who can communicate with the control tower and other pilots will have fewer problems flying....
  5. Why you should NOT use custom themes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why you should NOT use custom themes: So I was trying to make Windows 10 look like Vista fair enough. I found a theme made by some dude on DeviantArt can't remember his name for the life of me who made some cool Vista themes. I tried them but then I realized I didn't patch the UX dlls you see where this is going...
  6. Live Wallpapers ?! Hello?! Love you devs!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live Wallpapers ?! Hello?! Love you devs!: It's 2020 and the windows 10 OS that is the last Operation System of Microsoft Corporation still does not support Live Wallpapers! I mean how can it be hard to code and implement such feature for this OS ? Despite all of that bugs and issues that occurs every last build that...
  7. Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why You Should Overclock Your RAM: Why You Should Overclock Your RAM (It’s Easy!) I did not know that you could do this. Does anyone here routinely do this with their hardware? 140619
  8. Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-the-service-windows-process-activation/b461f5bb-3f25-42d7-96b4-589594bbe928
  9. Why should you use Windows 10 with SSD?

in Windows 10 News
    Why should you use Windows 10 with SSD?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When Microsoft rolled out the free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1/8 consumers, many were still using mechanical HDD. This trend continues. While Windows 10 works just fine on those mechanical drives, the performance when used with SSD is [...] This...
  10. Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8: That's my current thinking so far with Windows 10. I find Microsoft did right by focusing first and foremost on the enterprise as that is the largest and most important demographic to address with every release. Windows 8 didn't really focus so much on the enterprise as...