Windows 10: Microsoft Silently Renames Data Collection Service

Discus and support Microsoft Silently Renames Data Collection Service in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Silently Renames Data Collection Service in Windows 10, Causes More Confusion [img] The change was made in Threshold 2 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Microsoft Silently Renames Data Collection Service

Microsoft Silently Renames Data Collection Service in Windows 10, Causes More Confusion

Microsoft Silently Renames Data Collection Service [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...n-496481.shtml

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 19, 2015

2. How to stop unnecessary data collection on Windows 10

I saw that France is suing Microsoft for "collecting excessive personal data and tracking browsing by users without consent." The lawsuit also says that the data collected is "irrelevant to the operation of the service" and that they must stop within 3 months.
    I live in the United States but does anyone know of a way I can also stop this unnecessary data collection?

Original title: Windows data

Rayana1997, Nov 19, 2015
  3. E90 Long Press on #Key doesn't activate Silent Profile

This is happening because you have changed the profile named "Silent" either renamed it to another name or changed a setting in it.

If you restore your "Silent" profile to the way it was initially, it will work. It should be the second profile in the profiles list, try to rename it back to Silent and fix its settings to be silent and try the # key now. It should work.

thecrow---01, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Silently Renames Data Collection Service

1. Microsoft Silently Renames Data Collection Service - Similar Threads - Microsoft Silently Renames

2. Gaming Service silent Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Service silent Crashing: Hello, As per issue found on the thread [SOLVED kind of 1st Sept. 2023] Unable to install games through Xbox - Microsoft Community , I am not able to install or update any games on PC Xbox Games Pass.I've done some investigation and found out that Gaming Service was crashing...
  3. Gaming Service silent Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming Service silent Crashing: Hello, As per issue found on the thread [SOLVED kind of 1st Sept. 2023] Unable to install games through Xbox - Microsoft Community , I am not able to install or update any games on PC Xbox Games Pass.I've done some investigation and found out that Gaming Service was crashing...
  4. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?: Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to Microsoft for future improvement of the...
  5. Data related to Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data related to Microsoft Solitaire Collection: My laptop died. What should I get to play MSC? I was advised not to use my desktop computer if the data from MSC is stored on my computer. Anybody have an answer? I obviously am a novice....
  6. Syncing guest data to Microsoft account - Microsoft Solitaire Collection Data

Syncing guest data to Microsoft account - Microsoft Solitaire Collection Data: I was unable to connect my system to the game services for a while so I played as a guest and advanced pretty far with coins\points\etc. Now that I am able to connect to the game services, my live account does not have my progress. However, if I login as a guest, I see all...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire collection cloud data gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire collection cloud data gone: Hello everyone, I play the daily challenges on the Microsoft Solitaire collection everyday and I have never encountered this problem before. I have completed every challenge for September and yesterday when I open the app on my Samsung tablet all my completed daily...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection saved data not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection saved data not loading: I have two computers that I play on. Both computers load my profile, and show my statistics as being the same, same number of deals, scores, cumulative scores. However, on one computer, if I open Klondike, my cumulative score is much lower than the other computer. It won't...
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection saved data not loading

Microsoft Solitaire Collection saved data not loading: I have two computers that I play on. Both computers load my profile, and show my statistics as being the same, same number of deals, scores, cumulative scores. However, on one computer, if I open Klondike, my cumulative score is much lower than the other computer. It won't...
  10. Microsofts Ever Increasing Data Collection

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsofts Ever Increasing Data Collection: Now I know I am probably fairly alone in this, but I truly hate data collection. Without going in to all the reasons why, which is slightly besides the point, I am perplexed by Microsoft's latest change in Windows10. Diagnostics and Feedack used to be configurable to off....