Windows 10: Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

Discus and support Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Look I have been dealing with this stupid thing (dealing as in trying to not make it eat up 40% of my CPU) and the stupid antimalware executable for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wulf Breaker, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

Look I have been dealing with this stupid thing (dealing as in trying to not make it eat up 40% of my CPU) and the stupid antimalware executable for a few days now. its causing micro stutters in my games. I normally play older games so I didn't notice it till now. but AC origins/GTA5, monster hunter, various newer games its causing issues. only fix ive found is too task man>details> choose game and make high priority but then I cant do anything else on my PC. (ex: steam overlay , alt tab , use anything its all laggy due too this)

I have read I don't even know how many forums. talked to reps. just so everything is covered.

specs:

GeForce 1060 6gb

i5-7600k

16GB RAM.

I have ran virus/malware checkers, PC is clean. even ran Microsoft safety scanner. ran the uhh sfc? in command prompt. I think that's what it was called. nothing came up.

I have used the scheduler for the antimalware exe (these two things alone are using over 50% of my CPU) the scheduler fixed my CPU usage for the executable however its still using tons of disk space I don't know why.

I have started my PC in safe mode( was not here however PC was fine)/clean boot. (from micro rep) I have disabled windows search, I have disabled superfetch, I have done disk checks, I did not reset virtual memory but they wanted me too.

I have checked for windows updates. its up to date.

I have created a "test" profile .

I found a forum about using regedit to "disable" it. changing it from a 2 to a 4. THIS WORKED however it then disabled my windows activation so I had to change it back. (is there someway to cripple it instead of disable it or whatever .

I have gone to services and stopped it there. seeing as I cant in task man.

one forum said to change ethernet settings to metered.
    LITERALLY HAVE DONE EVERYTHING.

and for the love of god, like every other forum about this. if a rep responds and just tells me to do all this crap ive already done im gonna flip out. hah. cuz apparently these are the only fixes they know.

this thing is eating my PC along with antimalware. these shouldn't exist. these forums go back 3 years and people are still having issues. please tell me I just missed something and SOMEONE has found a solution. I appreciate the whole protection from piracy thing ...I guess....but friggin fix this crap. anything taking CPU is something I should be deciding to take it. not something you force me to use.

:)

Wulf Breaker, Sep 3, 2018

2. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service ( sppsvc ) Problem

Hi,

To resolve your issue regarding Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, kindly refer to this

link
    and check for Wungraileng Vashi's post for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Ellio_tt Win User
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service ( sppsvc ) Problem

Download Process hacker, and suspend sppsvc this should solve all of your problems and not cause any issues with office and its licence. this worked for me after trying a lot of different methods that didn't work such as changing sppsvc in the registry

Overview - Process Hacker

Ellio_tt, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service

Hi,

The technologies are aimed at helping prevent piracy and protect customers from software tampering while making licensing easier to manage.

Microsoft Software Protection Platform, the technologies will introduce improvements in how Microsoft software activates, is validated online and behaves when tampering or hacking is detected.

As Microsoft Software Protection Platform is using more CPU usage, it might be detecting some unusual activities.

- Are you facing any performance related issues?

I suggest you to do a complete virus scan using Windows Defender.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

1. Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this? - Similar Threads - Microsoft software protection

2. Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform: Good morning/afternoon/night everyone who's reading this. I'm having issues with my Microsoft Office 2010 currently; it won't open in any way and attempts to configure Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 before revealing an 1920 Error which relates to a OSPPSVC.EXE error....
  3. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service or sppsvc.exe using alot of cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service or sppsvc.exe using alot of cpu: it is using around 30% of my cpu and the power usage is at very high, is it safe to disable this service considering i have another antivirus software? submitted by /u/ch0ppu [link] [comments]...
  4. Microsoft Software Protection Platform high CPU problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform high CPU problem: So this happened just recently, this program named "Microsoft Software Protection Platform" uses up a ton of CPU for no reason at all, and keep in mind, I searched for alot of help, like deleting KMS-K@1n from my laptop, updating windows 10, etc It still hasn't resolved the...
  5. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service: Hello everyone. First post Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service launches only when gaming... My PC is suitable for old games or modern games with low settings to get the maximum performance. When launching games from Steam, Uplay the Microsoft Software Protection...
  6. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage: Sppsvc.exe, uses too much cpu 50-74% after installing updates around 7 months ago. This happens in very frequent bursts that will last for about 20mins and will severely slow down my pc, often even causing other apps to freeze. I have tried everything by reading your latest...
  7. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage: Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, Sppsvc.exe, uses too much cpu, often going up to above 14-20%. This happens in very 2 min I tried Checked that my system is fully updated -Scanned for malware -Used system maintenance troubleshooter -Run a clean boot...
  8. microsoft software protection platform service high cpu

microsoft software protection platform service high cpu: every one or two minutes Microsoft software protection platform service uses high cpu for about 10 or 20 sec then stops then repeat this cycle again and again i restarted the windows into safe mode and this problem disappeared i have latest windows update update...
  9. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage: Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, Sppsvc.exe, uses too much cpu, often going up to above 50-55%. This happens in very frequent bursts that will last for about 20mins and will severely slow down my pc, often even causing other apps to freeze. I have windows10,...
  10. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service - high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service - high CPU usage: Hello, My laptop has Windows 10 64 bit installed. It's an AMD A8 with a Radeon graphics card. Task Manager shows Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service uses about %30 CPU. It happens about every 40-60 seconds,lasts for about 10. This started relatively recently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft software protection platform service Is disable causing bad

2. microsoft software protection platform