Windows 10: Microsoft Solitaire not working on my PC. Need Help

Discus and support Microsoft Solitaire not working on my PC. Need Help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had my fair share of issues with Windows 10 and now I have another and need some help. I was exploring Windows 10 tonight for the first time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by moondoggy, Sep 1, 2015.

1. moondoggy Win User

Microsoft Solitaire not working on my PC. Need Help

I've had my fair share of issues with Windows 10 and now I have another and need some help.

I was exploring Windows 10 tonight for the first time and noticed that in my Application list off the Start Menu it shows that I have Microsoft Solitaire Collection installed and I thought I would give it a try. When I launch the app it displays a splash screen for the app momentarily then the window closes. I have checked task manager and I don't see the app running so there must be some issue with the way the program is installed so I thought perhaps the best thing to do is to remove it and then reinstall it. I went into Control Panel and checked the Installed applications and could not find an entry for it in the list. I went out to the Store and I can find the app and it tells me that it's currently installed but doesn't seem to provide a means to remove the app or reinstall it. Can anyone tell me how to fix the app or remove it from Windows 10 so I can reinstall it?

:)

moondoggy, Sep 1, 2015

2. Microsoft Solitaire collection doe not work

Microsoft solitaire collection installed in updated windows 10 stopped working. cannot click on. I am not tech savy. can do what I need or want to do, but don't understand the technical wording. What I know, I learned from the seat of my pants. HELP.

Original title: microsoft solitaire collection

diannegreenfield, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Microsoft Solitaire collection doe not work

started working. don't know why or how

diannegreenfield, Sep 1, 2015
  4. dougout Win User

I have the same problem on build 10532. You can uninstall the app by right clicking on the icon in the start menu. However I have already done it and reinstalled the game and still no change.

The good news is the Candy Crush game works fine.

dougout, Sep 2, 2015
  5. moondoggy Win User
    I'm afraid that my problem is now a bit bigger than the problem with Solitaire. Like you, people kept telling me to right click on the app within the Start Menu and then select Uninstall. I was told that this right click option was available on all installed apps and some people even sent me snapshots of their right click options. However on my desktop PC, the one with Solitaire, the only option I have when I right click on the application is Pin to Start and this goes for every application on this PC. I then fired up my laptop which is also Windows 10 and the menu option that you described was there on all apps so it's something on my PC. I've even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling CCleaner on my desktop PC and even on a new install, I don't have the menu options. This seems to be a permissions issue where even my account has Administrator rights it's treating this as having no rights. So far I have not found a solution to this problem so if you or anyone else has any thoughts, ideas or solutions to my larger problem, please let me know.

moondoggy, Sep 2, 2015
  6. moondoggy Win User
    This is a final update to this thread by me. I believe that my system has never been stable since I upgraded to Windows 10 and this problem and others keep cropping up. Bottom line is that I'm of the opinion that the best course of action to take, because of this instability, is to backup everything with Acronis True Image, nuke HD, Reinstall Windows 10 and redeploy all of my apps and my data.

moondoggy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Solitaire not working on my PC. Need Help - Similar Threads - Microsoft Solitaire working

2. Microsoft solitaire premium subscription not working on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft solitaire premium subscription not working on new PC: Hi,I purchased Microsoft Solitaire premium on my old laptop running windows 10. When I try to play on my new laptp running windows 11, I do not have premium.I have tried reinstalling. When I try to repurchase Premium, it comes up as costing $0 - so it may be recognising that...
  3. Microsoft solitaire premium subscription not working on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft solitaire premium subscription not working on new PC: Hi,I purchased Microsoft Solitaire premium on my old laptop running windows 10. When I try to play on my new laptp running windows 11, I do not have premium.I have tried reinstalling. When I try to repurchase Premium, it comes up as costing $0 - so it may be recognising that...
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection not working.

Microsoft Solitaire Collection not working.: I have been playing the online Microsoft Solitaire Collection for years, it is my favorite. For the past week it has not been working. The screen is is half there and when I click the play now button it just times and never loads. Please fix it. I have not made any recent...
  5. reinstall microsoft solitaire collection on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstall microsoft solitaire collection on my pc: i have deleted the solitaire collection on my pc in error. I do not see how to reinstall it on the same pc. when I go to microsoft store it appears it is only set up to install on an xbox. is there another site/way to put it on my pc again?...
  6. reinstall microsoft solitaire collection on my pc

reinstall microsoft solitaire collection on my pc: i have deleted the solitaire collection on my pc in error. I do not see how to reinstall it on the same pc. when I go to microsoft store it appears it is only set up to install on an xbox. is there another site/way to put it on my pc again?...
  7. reinstall microsoft solitaire collection on my pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. My themes is not working on Microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My themes is not working on Microsoft solitaire: I’m on my iPad and my I try adding a custom pic to my theme but it’s not working and I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-themes-is-not-working-on-microsoft-solitaire/6d03cec3-e455-403c-a8ba-f5ca12705933
  9. HELP...I NEED TO REINSTALL MY MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE COLLECTION PROGRAM.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HELP...I NEED TO REINSTALL MY MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE COLLECTION PROGRAM.: I don't know what happened, but I went to play my microsoft solitaire games..from the collection. It was no longer there. Somehow I must have deleted it. Go Can U please tell me how to reinstall it. Can U send me a link. Ur Microsoft information is extremely...
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Premium not working (PC)

Microsoft Solitaire Premium not working (PC): Dear Microsoft Support, I purchased your 1 year premium subscription for Microsoft Solitaire Collection (MSC) on my PC. When I click on the MSC link it opens the main window and Premium Edition is on a gold banner an the top of the page. However, when I go into a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft solitaire collection has stopped working on my windows 10 computer

2. sign up window not loading while trying microsoft solitaire game

3. where is microsoft solitaire on my pc

4. my solitaire on microsoft is not working,
  5. solitaire not working on computer