Windows 10: Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

Discus and support Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Sorry but what is that source and where is it from? The link just looks too weird for me to click it. Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 31, 2015.

1. derekimo Win User

Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

derekimo, Nov 1, 2015
  2. CountMike New Member

MS is obviously not taking that too seriously as they could clamp down much more. To me it looks like they are more concerned to spread OS to as many computers as possible while still making big money on it. At the same time they make it bothersome to transfer legal OS after a simple change of MB for instance, so much so that few times in the past I thought to just simply apply a widely available crack to my otherwise legal, retail copy than to go thru resetting of activation on another MB or computer.

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Swagger Win User
    Guys,
    Microsoft do not even know if you have a legal copy or not
    As a matter of fact, I think they do not even care.
    As long as you install Windows 10, it is revenue for them.
    So stop battering each other.
    Not everyone can afford a genuine copy of Windows
    Everyone one is not living in a first world country!!
    If you upgraded from a OS that was activated by an activator, Not even Microsoft knows, if your copy is real or not.
    So i don't see what's the fuss here.

Swagger, Nov 1, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

The fuss is because I don't want to reward people who steal, an OS or anything. And if you can't afforded Windows there's Linux.. ever here of that before??

Theft is theft and it should never be rewarded.

BunnyJ, Nov 1, 2015
  5. Swagger Win User
    Well i guess that is not your choice to make.
    If Microsoft approves it, so be it.
    Nothing you or me can do about it

Swagger, Nov 1, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    You're right about that part. Pilfering in the stores for instance costs companies money and that translates into higher prices for paying customers. Windows would probably cost less if everybody payed for them. On the other hand, MS is contributing to some extent to piracy by not providing a very cheap but basic version of windows for those that can't afford full price with all the bells and whistles. By not supplying small programs coming with standards windows and which they don't make in house, they could cut price down to a good degree. I for instance replace most of them by other 3rd party programs and would prefer to pay less for OS without them.
    Must confess that I wouldn't be running W10 if it wasn't for it being free upgrade. Wouldn't have W8 either if it didn't cost 24 bucks if limited upgrade offer didn't exist at the time. W7 is still a very viable OS.

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  7. larc919 Win User
    I agree. People who never paid MS so much as a dime for Windows don't deserve free Windows 10 now. But I do think it's likely 10 will eventually be offered free to everybody who has a legal Windows license, no matter which edition.

larc919, Nov 1, 2015
  8. acmanten Win User

That is a really good deal. Thanks for your help to that person.. be safe.

acmanten, Nov 1, 2015
  9. larc919 Win User
    Good job! I'm guessing some cake or a few biscuits with that coffee wouldn't go amiss?

larc919, Nov 1, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    For me the crux of the issue is I spent money on 7/8 and I detest the idea that anyone who didn't pay could get a free upgrade. Like I said there are some great distributions of Linux and they're free.

BunnyJ, Nov 1, 2015
  11. Swagger Win User
    I understand you frustration,
    But life is not always fair to everyone
    Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win
    This is a concept all over the world, and Microsoft knows it.
    So look out for yourself, and always make sure you get the best deal.
    Cheaper, Free ....Whatever!!
    Make sure you are the Winner!!

Cheers

Swagger, Nov 1, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    You're right.. but I still can be frustrated from time to time. *Wink

BunnyJ, Nov 1, 2015
  13. Swagger Win User

Sure,
    You're not the only one.
    I get a lot of those

Swagger, Nov 1, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    It might be good for you, keeps you on your paws.

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    *Roflmao2

BunnyJ, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Still Willing

2. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.: I had windows 10 free edition through my company and today the screen message informed me that I had been subscribed to Windows. How do I verify my free subscription?...
  3. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.: I had windows 10 free edition through my company and today the screen message informed me that I had been subscribed to Windows. How do I verify my free subscription?...
  4. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still Not Offered Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still Not Offered Windows 11: My Laptop getting a notification stating "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you" since January but it's August and still not offered Windows 11 from Microsoft. I...
  6. Still Not Offered Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still Not Offered Windows 11: My Laptop getting a notification stating "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you" since January but it's August and still not offered Windows 11 from Microsoft. I...
  7. still not offered Windows 10 21h1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    still not offered Windows 10 21h1: hi there:I am still not offered Windows 10 21h1. I am in Taiwan. My work device has offered it and I installed it. Does it really take this long or should I keep waiting? I know that my device is not blocked from getting it. I was at 2004 and was offered 20h2. Is there a way...
  8. Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away: Microsoft officially concluded its free Windows 10 upgrade program in 2016, but you can still get a free copy of Windows 10 if you meet the requirements. You may not think you qualify for a free upgrade, but according to our testing and user reports, Windows 10 is still free...
  9. Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works for some users: Microsoft has ended the free upgrades to Windows 10, but users are reporting that they can still install the OS for free on a PC running a genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. According to reports, you can claim a free digital entitlement of Windows 10 and upgrade to...
  10. Windows 10 after free offer ends

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 after free offer ends: Hi my friend is unsure if he wants Windows 10 or not...he currently has XP. It has passed the Windows 8 compatability test, so will accept Windows 10. If I install Windows 7 pro as a clean install, then upgrade to Windows 10....but after the 30 days, decide to reinstall...