Windows 10: Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

Discus and support Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It happens... Stealing one slice of pizza results in life sentence - SFGate Please your from the U.S. (I know California), thus you know better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 31, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

No offense meant to anyone but if you post a link it's nice to post the information. It seems that the headline is very misleading and the content fills out the details. And that's important.

Content:
    This guy had 4 previous "felonies".. yup. And you wonder why he got a stiff sentence.

BunnyJ, Nov 3, 2015

2. As you might recall, the problem with mobo exchanges is that OEMs have rights under their royalty agreements with Microsoft. Microsoft isn't at full liberty to grant transfer rights when those rights belong to the OEM and not MSFT. That's why the upgrade licence inherits the terms of the OEM license. From a policy standpoint, MSFT probably would go with the user, but from a contractual one they have to be more conservative.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 3, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    That's also subject to local laws and regulations. In Germany (and maybe some other countries) for instance, they have to allow you to keep your OEM license and transfer it to another MB.

CountMike, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

I know. But it is not the general case in North America.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 3, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    It's same here but must admit that MS, thru regional office, was very generous, they gave lots of licenses to schools, nonprofit organizations and the like. Every year they give computers and laptops to schools and best students.

CountMike, Nov 3, 2015
  6. derekimo Win User
    Apparently you didn't read the link. What does being from California have to do with anything? *sarc

Here's another link,

25 Years for a Slice of Pizza - NYTimes.com

Click the link if you want more details, I wasn't surprised at why he got that sentence.

You complain about no details with the link, the link was just to show that the claim of life in prison from a previous poster is not B.S.

This is all off topic anyway, nothing new there.

derekimo, Nov 3, 2015
  7. azasadny Win User
    I agree!

azasadny, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

1. Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Still Willing

2. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.: I had windows 10 free edition through my company and today the screen message informed me that I had been subscribed to Windows. How do I verify my free subscription?...
  3. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.: I had windows 10 free edition through my company and today the screen message informed me that I had been subscribed to Windows. How do I verify my free subscription?...
  4. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still Not Offered Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still Not Offered Windows 11: My Laptop getting a notification stating "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you" since January but it's August and still not offered Windows 11 from Microsoft. I...
  6. Still Not Offered Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still Not Offered Windows 11: My Laptop getting a notification stating "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you" since January but it's August and still not offered Windows 11 from Microsoft. I...
  7. still not offered Windows 10 21h1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    still not offered Windows 10 21h1: hi there:I am still not offered Windows 10 21h1. I am in Taiwan. My work device has offered it and I installed it. Does it really take this long or should I keep waiting? I know that my device is not blocked from getting it. I was at 2004 and was offered 20h2. Is there a way...
  8. Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away: Microsoft officially concluded its free Windows 10 upgrade program in 2016, but you can still get a free copy of Windows 10 if you meet the requirements. You may not think you qualify for a free upgrade, but according to our testing and user reports, Windows 10 is still free...
  9. Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works for some users: Microsoft has ended the free upgrades to Windows 10, but users are reporting that they can still install the OS for free on a PC running a genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. According to reports, you can claim a free digital entitlement of Windows 10 and upgrade to...
  10. Windows 10 after free offer ends

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 after free offer ends: Hi my friend is unsure if he wants Windows 10 or not...he currently has XP. It has passed the Windows 8 compatability test, so will accept Windows 10. If I install Windows 7 pro as a clean install, then upgrade to Windows 10....but after the 30 days, decide to reinstall...