Windows 10: Microsoft stops manufacturing its Kinect sensors

Discus and support Microsoft stops manufacturing its Kinect sensors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has stopped making Kinect sensors seven years after releasing its first model in 2010. Microsoft officials confirmed to Fast Co Design on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft stops manufacturing its Kinect sensors

Read more: Microsoft stops manufacturing its Kinect sensors | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Oct 24, 2017

2. xbox one and kinect 360 games

We recently purchased an xbox one s and the xbox one Kinect sensor. I also purchased my kids xbox 360 Kinect games. Will these games work on the new Kinect one? Do I need to purchase an adaptor? I am so confused. When I search for xbox one Kinect games
    nothing comes up but the xbox 360 Kinect games.

MichaelSlaughter, Oct 24, 2017
  3. jubjub64 Win User
    No scan option for 3D builder in Windows 10 with Kinect v2

I did a clean install of Windows 10, installed Kinect v2 drivers and SDK. The SDK can see the sensor fine but when I installed 3D builder it doesn't show a "scan" button. It just has "load" and "help" buttons. I'm using the Kinect pc adapter with a console
    version of the Kinect v2 if that is important. Please help me get 3D builder working with my sensor. Thank you.

jubjub64, Oct 24, 2017
  4. PaulGo Win User

The Kinect sensor was a good idea, but because of competitive pressure to reduce prices Microsoft had to make it an option. It is always more profitable to write software for the lowest common denominator which would be a X-Box without the Kinect sensor.

PaulGo, Oct 25, 2017
  5. - it's now possible to hook up any USB webcam to the Xbox One
    - though the Kinect will remain the superior webcam, bristling with sensors..
    - get one while you still can..

BugMeister, Oct 25, 2017
  6. Microsoft stops manufacturing its Kinect sensors [​IMG]

[youtube]n-IwNIJugsg[/youtube]

- gonna get harder to find one
    - keep your eyes peeled..*Nerd

BugMeister, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft stops manufacturing its Kinect sensors - Similar Threads - Microsoft stops manufacturing

2. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working: I recently purchased an Acer Spin 3 SP313-51N, and the fingerprint sensor has stopped working. While I was trying to login using the sensor, there was a message that said "there was a problem on our end," so I tried to troubleshoot the problem by restarting. Only now the...
  3. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working: The sensor stopped working, now windows won't even recognise it. It says the option is currently unavailable even though it worked a few hours ago. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver which was hidden, but it had not reinstalled so is currently not on my device....
  4. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working: The sensor stopped working, now windows won't even recognise it. It says the option is currently unavailable even though it worked a few hours ago. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver which was hidden, but it had not reinstalled so is currently not on my device....
  5. fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint sensor stopped working: Windows hello shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".A screenshot from device manager:Also the driver package available at OEM's website zip seems corrupted ;-;https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/minotebookultradrivers.htmlI...
  6. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 kinect stopped working: Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get...
  7. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 kinect stopped working: Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get...
  8. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

9. 3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2

3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2: I recently got a kinect v2 and an adapter for my computer, however when I open up 3d Scan I only see initializing sensor and nothing else. I had downloaded and installed the driver and other supported software. What could I be missing? Thanks, [ATTACH] -O...
  10. Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade the operating system on a Surface Book, or any other Windows 10-powered device, and you’re unable to use the Kinect for […] This article Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...