Windows 10: Microsoft Store Apps won't run

Discus and support Microsoft Store Apps won't run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have a laptop with Windows 10. as of this am, not much of anything will start.. Windows Edge when started blinks screen, and then goes away, as does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frustrated, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Microsoft Store Apps won't run

Have a laptop with Windows 10. as of this am, not much of anything will start.. Windows Edge when started blinks screen, and then goes away, as does Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and most other games I have tried. Other apps seem to be ok, and when I went into perfmon /reports, it says that a "service has ended abnormally", and solution is to restart service. I would if I knew which service is not running. I looked under recovery, and there is an option to RESET PC, but says although files will be kept all apps and settings will be gone, so I don't think I want to run that.. tried to run sfc /scannow, and It comes back and says I have to be admin to run, but my user id HAS admin access.. reboot doesn't help, all comes back normal, but same results with trying to get anything to run.. When I initially installed WIndows 10 I know that I had enabled system protection and created restore points, but can't even try that now, as it says that there are no more restore points out there, and system protection was turned off.. I didn't turn it off, so really am at a loss with next step to try. There must be something I can run to do a repair of Windows 10, or is there an app available out there to purchase that will do this, or am I pretty much out of luck?

After spending time on this,,, sfc /scannow works,, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth now work...Went into troubleshooting and did troubleshooting on Windows Store Application.. it chugs a long time, and eventually comes back and tells me that the Windows Store cache maybe corrupted, but can't/wont fix it. also get an error message which says "ms-windows-storePurgeCaches" .. Application won't start... SO ..guessing that this has something to do with my issue.. Just don't understand how to repair it..

:)

frustrated, Mar 2, 2017
  2. 7thSense Win User

windows phone connector app

If the app won't download, you need to talk to App Store support. No one else can assist with that.

If you have problems with running the app, contact Microsoft or post back here with more info.

7thSense, Mar 2, 2017
  3. Unable to open photo app in Windows 10.

Original Title: microsoft photos app

app is displayed, but won't open. went to store to reinstall. store says app installed. still won't open. help, thanks

THOMAS EBLOCK, Mar 2, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Microsoft Store Apps won't run

Hi frustrated.
    I think major upgrades turn off system protection so you need to check that after ever cumulative update.
    I think the store cache corruption is a common issue and may have been the result is the recent widespread issue with system restore. My store cache is corrupted also but my store still works. Very strange.

In order to run SFC you need to select command prompt run as admin and you need to run it three times with a reboot each time.
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    If it can not repair everything then you'll need to run DISM and then try SFC again.
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image

If these fail then you might be able to set everything right (except the store cache) by doing a repair in place install. You can choose to save all your apps and data. Take a look at the tutorial.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    Be sure to backup all of your data just in case anything goes wrong.

SoFine409, Mar 2, 2017
  5. I don't understand how, but after trying everything under the sun today to get this issue resolved, I finally contacted PC Matic to see if there was any way they could explain.. After several attempts, under their recommendation, I uninstalled PC Matic's Super Shield program, restarted the compluter and lo and behold everything seems to be back working.. Then under their recommendation , I downloaded and installed the version of Super shield that they said would 'fix the problem', and all quit working again.. Uninstalled Super Shield a second time, rebooted, and all appears to be well again... So , don't know how, why but it appears as though Super shield is what broke it.. I replied to them the info I just put in here and will update this when I get or if a get any explantions from them...The Level of PC Matic which was uninstalled and then reinstalled was version 2.0.0.10

frustrated, Mar 2, 2017
  6. SoFine409 Win User
    Glad your back up and running. I would not reinstall PC Matic again under any circumstances. The best protection from malware is to run Windows Defender or something like Norton Security and Malewarebytes Premium + Malewarebytes Antiexploit. Also use Macrium Free to run periodic full system images and store then on a USB drive or a NAS that is turned off when not making backups. That way if your hit with ransomware you can simply restore your entire system.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store Apps won't run

1. Microsoft Store Apps won't run - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Apps

2. Microsoft store won't run certain apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't run certain apps.: I have just recently replaced my hard drive and migrated my minecraft account to microsoft. Which means I need to install the launcher and I own a copy of the game but when I go to play the launcher it says "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make...
  3. Microsoft store won't run certain apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store won't run certain apps.: I have just recently replaced my hard drive and migrated my minecraft account to microsoft. Which means I need to install the launcher and I own a copy of the game but when I go to play the launcher it says "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make...
  4. Microsoft Store and Apps won't launch

Microsoft Store and Apps won't launch: My windows store and apps won't open, I have already tried to reinstall through powershell both the store itself and all the apps but it still doesn't work. I have also tried to reset and repair the apps through settings but it does not work as well....
  5. Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps: I can't install any apps from the Store. Either the button doesn't work or there's a liitle black circle with a line through it when the mouse hovers over the install button. I've tried resetting the app, I've tried resetting using command prompt too, I've signed out and...
  6. non store app suddenly won't run

non store app suddenly won't run: I have a non store app which updates every day and I have used it every day for years. It suddenly wouldnt open so got updated app from company and still same problem, it tries to initialise for10-15 seconds then closes....
  7. microsoft store won't download apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store won't download apps: HI! I tried to launch minecraft win10 edition, but it only launched the page where it loads. It didn't go to the menu. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it but the store doesn't work. First, I clicked on the install button, but nothing happened. The button clicked,...
  8. Microsoft Store won't download apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store won't download apps: Yesterday i tried to play Sea Of Thieves but it had an actualization in progress. Later i tried to launch it again, but the update still was in progress, so i checked it on microsoft store downloads, and it was stuck in 48MB of 7,8GB. Tried to play Forza Horizon 4, it also...
  9. microsoft store won't install apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft store won't install apps: when i try to install apps from microsoft store this message Couldn't install We will retry shortlyhows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-install-apps/bde1f084-fbdf-4468-afd4-8b85375e8e6e
  10. Microsoft Store Apps won't run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Store Apps won't run: Have a laptop with Windows 10. as of this am, not much of anything will start.. Windows Edge when started blinks screen, and then goes away, as does Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and most other games I have tried. Other apps seem to be ok, and when I went into perfmon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps wont run in windows

2. windows store app wont run

3. store apps wont run

4. microsoft store apps wont run