Windows 10: Microsoft Store displaying in different language

Discus and support Microsoft Store displaying in different language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, As you can see in the picture attached a part of the microsoft store is showing in what I think is norwegian. First of all, I dont live in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by qwertymikey, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Microsoft Store displaying in different language

Hello,
    As you can see in the picture attached a part of the microsoft store is showing in what I think is norwegian. First of all, I dont live in Norway, nor I have installed this language nor my region is norway.

How can I change it to English ??

Microsoft Store displaying in different language [​IMG]

:)

qwertymikey, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Windows display language difficulties

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while trying to add English language?

2) What is the default language set on your computer?

I suggest you try below steps to add English language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 9, 2018
  4. RFC3514 Win User

Microsoft Store displaying in different language

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store displaying in different language

1. Microsoft Store displaying in different language - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store displaying

2. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  3. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  4. Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps

Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps: Hi,I have some of my Microsoft apps, like OneDrive App, Mail and others shown in Finnish, despite my language setting being English.I have recently moved from Australia to Finland and started to learn the Finnish language. Not being remotely close to properly communicate...
  5. Language display in the language is different from what my choice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language display in the language is different from what my choice: In the setting for language, I picked the ChineseHong Kong Sar. When I get to the language bar, it shows Taiwan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-display-in-the-language-is-different-from/802927b8-f9ad-41fd-b0b4-cd07be505faa
  6. Windows store in 3 different languages

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store in 3 different languages: Hi I'm having a weird issue where my complete Windows is in English so all apps are in English like I want it but for some weird reason, the MS Store and only that one is in 3 languages: French content and menus, Dutch some titles and English some other menus. Someone any...
  7. Desktop icon is displayed in a different language.

Desktop icon is displayed in a different language.: Hello, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my PC after some bugs in the old one. Then I noticed that the desktop icon is displayed in Arabic language, although I didn't even choose Arabic as an input language. Any help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  8. Display language and input language differences

Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...
  9. Different Keyboard and Display Language

Different Keyboard and Display Language: Hello there. I am deperately trying to keep my english display language, but changing the default keyboard layout to german or french. I did everything described in the web, including Time & Language settings, advanced keyboard settings etc. For the solution with the...
  10. Microsoft Store displaying in different language

Microsoft Store displaying in different language: Hello, As you can see in the picture attached a part of the microsoft store is showing in what I think is norwegian. First of all, I dont live in Norway, nor I have installed this language nor my region is norway. How can I change it to English ?? [img] 115660