Microsoft Store displaying in different language

Discus and support Microsoft Store displaying in different language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, As you can see in the picture attached a part of the microsoft store is showing in what I think is norwegian. First of all, I dont live in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by qwertymikey, Aug 9, 2018.

1. qwertymikey Win User

Hello,
    As you can see in the picture attached a part of the microsoft store is showing in what I think is norwegian. First of all, I dont live in Norway, nor I have installed this language nor my region is norway.

How can I change it to English ??

Microsoft Store displaying in different language [​IMG]

:)

qwertymikey, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Santosh_Rai Win User
    Windows display language difficulties

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while trying to add English language?

2) What is the default language set on your computer?

I suggest you try below steps to add English language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 9, 2018
  4. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store displaying in different language - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store displaying

2. Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...: Removing homegroups without any notice to users - you just see that that your shares have become 'media devices'. No results when you search homegroups, not even a message to say 'they have been removed'. It seems that file history will go the same way, potentially...
  3. Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss: I tried to add a monitor (Benq GL2460) to my Lenovo Yoga 310 (Win10) but when I connect it (HDMI cable), I lose the fill screen display and can't access anything (i.e when I try to open an application or service it won't display on my laptop screen or added monitor). When I...
  4. Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display: When I click on the network icon on the bottom right corner, the list of available network and VPN should be displayed. However, recently it took a much longer time to display the list, 1. it took around 10 seconds to display the list of available Wi-Fi networks, 2. it...
  5. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?: I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data...
  6. Microsoft Casual Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Casual Games: Why is it that every time I get Microsoft updates to my computer, my Microsoft Casual games don't work (i.e. Solitaire, Word Games, etc.)? Moved from: Apps on Insider Preview / Xbox App / PC...
  7. New Microsoft Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Update: I accidentally installed the recent update (realizing from past experience that it would be trouble) and sure enough, I can no longer open my gmail. The icon is there but when I click on it, the system is forcing me to reinstall my email. I am then supposed to agree that...
  8. when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??: I select groups of pictures from albums, and some are stretched in width?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/when-i-put-my-pictures-on-screen-display-they-are/ce8c43f3-6ef1-4e9b-adfa-1aac2bea57d6
  9. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1601 Microsoft Installer: I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks....
  10. Microsoft Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mixed Reality: I have a Surface Studio with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD, i7 CPU. However, my Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality Headset will not work with the Studio. Setup is completed without errors and the headset is supposedly ready however there is no video output to the headset! I have the...