Windows 10: Microsoft Store Hell Corner

Discus and support Microsoft Store Hell Corner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time : Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time :

Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start screen a non operational app called ms-resource:appDisplayName .

Laptop 2 : Lately managed to stuck at load screen of ALL apps and never proceed .

I have tried :
    1 - Microsoft Store Troubleshooter from here (Nothing)
    2 - Signing off then back on to Store (Nothing)
    3 - Wsreset Command (Nothing)
    4 - Reinstalled Apps (Same thing)
    5 - Tried Tweeking.com Windows Repair AIO , tried Store Fix , Permissions Fix , Services Permissions Fix , Then All Fixes (Nothing)
    6 - Updated graphics drivers

Now I am running out of options , what else is suggested ?

Edit :
    Thanks to Josey Wales Laptop to is now fixed by applying his suggested command :
    Now I'm down to fixing Laptop 1 , further googling and they even have a name for my case , it's called :
    Phantom App and they mention it's a glitch that surfaced with build 1709 and has no fix , but that was on vanilla forums . So any suggestions ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 17, 2017

2. windows 10 store

What the hell is going with microsoft windows ....

Store doesnot open even not to give errors?

TAUSIF AHMED KHAN, Nov 17, 2017
  3. timgaffin Win User
    windows 10 update and my mail icon disappeared

My computer recently updated and my mail icon has disappeared along with the Microsoft store icon on the taskbar. what the hell happened and how do I get them back?

Thanks

timgaffin, Nov 17, 2017
  4. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

Use CCleaner /choose tools and delete the ones you do not want.

Josey Wales, Nov 17, 2017
  5. I have minimum apps on both laptops , facebook , twitter , skype , few ms default apps and 4 games i play on both laptops , nothing really to un-install despite i did try uninstalling an reinstalling same apps but same result , no icons or tiles laptop 1 , stuck at load laptop 2 .

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 17, 2017
  6. Try running the below from an elevated CMD Prompt.

Code: Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase[/quote]

Josey Wales, Nov 17, 2017
  7. Thanks to Josey Wales Laptop to is now fixed by applying his suggested command :

Try running the below from an elevated CMD Prompt.

Code:
    Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

Now I'm down to fixing Laptop 1 , further googling and they even have a name for my case , it's called :
    Phantom App and they mention it's a glitch that surfaced with build 1709 and has no fix , but that was on vanilla forums . So any suggestions ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 18, 2017
  8. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

Download Center » AIMP for Windows

AIMP v4.50, build 2055

17.12.2017 | 10.0 MByte | MD5: 035541cac9cf9ccf42c7cb4a3f175f78
    Microsoft Store Hell Corner [​IMG]
    Requirements:

• Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (8.1) / Windows 10
    • Minimal screen resolution: 1024x768

Download from:

This software uses BPM Detection algorithm based on code from SoundTouch Library licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded here.

This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded here.

A New release of AIMP Change Log is Below:

AIMP v4.50, build 2055 (17.12.2017)
    Skin Engine: an ability to use the old-style scaling behavior

Skin Engine: custom possible scale factor has been extended up to 500%

Fixed: Audio Converter - default template for FAAC command line encoder is invalid (regression)
    Fixed: Skin Engine - known issues have been fixed
    Fixed: Smart-Playlists - tracks meta data were not updated on synchronization in some cases
    Fixed: Player - information about the playing track not updated on the screen for stations that broadcast in the OGG / FLAC / OPUS formants
    Fixed: Playlist - auto bookmark is not created for the playing playlist on close the app
    Fixed: Tag Editor - tag fields with multiple values are read incorrectly in some cases for M4A file format
    Fixed: Tag Editor - the "all words with capital letter" function works incorrectly in some cases
    Fixed: Plugins - inputFFmpeg - replay gain information was not read from file tags for OPUS file format
    Small bugs and defects were fixed

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store Hell Corner

1. Microsoft Store Hell Corner - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Hell

2. What the hell is up with Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What the hell is up with Microsoft Store?: I've tried restarting the install service, Reset the store app, and uninstalling & reinstalling the app. I've repeated the same steps multiple times but the store still doesn't even seem to work. The store can't load updates, and is extremely slow--I waited about 20 minutes...
  3. Microsoft Store issues, what the hell is going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store issues, what the hell is going on?: Ok so I have two of my computers up and they both are running into similar issues with the Microsoft Store. Like the install button is greyed out on apps, Apps that are downloading are stuck on Starting Download, and sometimes it just freezes and I have to close it. I've...
  4. Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner: Several years ago I wrote an article about how a glitch in Intel driver manages to show flickering and artification to proud owners of PCs and laptops of 4th and 5th Generation of Intel(R) HD Graphics Family even in dual GPUs setups . The flickering would still happen in...
  5. Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner: So basically I have came to face the situation once of an acting up keyboard on a laptop that I had it replaced and everything got back to normal and I called it today , but this post isn't about this clearly brainless case . Its more about later on as I started having...
  6. Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner: So this fine day I woke up to my laptop's second GPU being recognized as not working 3D Video Card , everything surrounding the case seemed like it went busted , it wouldn't update driver , attempting to remove the driver worked , but re-installing it using official stock...
  7. On upgrading your system beware of 16+ GBs RAM - Hell Corner

On upgrading your system beware of 16+ GBs RAM - Hell Corner: So basically I am writing this (Frequently Asked Yet Wrongly Answered Question) after realizing that there are minimal knowledge available about RAMs and their optimizations : Q - I have 8 GBs of RAM would buying 16 GBs make my system run faster ? A - A tech would answer...
  8. Laptop keyboards broken/double key after Windows updates - Hell Corner

Laptop keyboards broken/double key after Windows updates - Hell Corner: I have had a problem losing 2 laptop keyboards to 2 consecutive windows updates where I attempted to tackle the issue and here are my findings since I am starting to see this problem escalating to so many users of the forum and online : 1 - If you are like me with the habit...
  9. Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner

Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner: **This is an informative post , you can skip it if you are just here to help** I have been caught up with an issue with few gamepads i had that worked just fine in the past but been giving me hell lately one windows 10 , the issue lead me to realize few facts that i want to...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner

Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner: So it's been a month that i have been having a glitching windows that i have been clueless at first of why it is doing that , been having "Stub" errors on running anything that requires administrative rights from first go then works from the second go , at first received...