Windows 10: Microsoft Store No Longer Opens

Discus and support Microsoft Store No Longer Opens in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I still have the icon for MS Store in my taskbar, but it no longer works. Clicking on it does nothing. When I click the START button, the MS Store App... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Holydoc, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Holydoc Win User

Microsoft Store No Longer Opens

I still have the icon for MS Store in my taskbar, but it no longer works. Clicking on it does nothing. When I click the START button, the MS Store App is grayed out.

Any suggestions on how to get this running again?

:)

Holydoc, Aug 14, 2015

2. Microsoft Narrator No Longer Opens

Hi Amanda,

Narrator is a light-duty screen reader utility included in Microsoft Windows. Narrator reads dialog boxes and window controls in a number of the more basic applications for Windows. In order for us to efficiently you, we just have few questions
    for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to Cortana? If so, are you getting an error message/code when trying to launch it?
    • When you say "states aloud that it is closing" what is the exact error that it says?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Microsoft Narrator No Longer Opens

This issue may have something to do with some corrupted files in your computer. Let's run the

System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
    to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 14, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

You should be so lucky !!! I HATE those store things.

It should work though -- just try to search in your search from the windows menu Store and you can probably re-install it again.

(Why you would want to is another issue --but that's your choice !!!).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Holydoc Win User
    jimbo,

Thanks for the response. After looking further, I noticed when I hit my START button other APPS like "Photos", "XBOX", "Camera", "Maps", etc... are faded out with a tiny "!" in the corner. None of them will run either.

Holydoc, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Holydoc Win User
    After reading all the different posts here and on the MS board, I have discovered a few other items.

1) I do not have a C:/windows/WinStore directory
    2) Even though I can create a family member login through Settings--Accounts -- Add a family member, the member disappears on a reboot.
    3) Same thing happens if I create an Other User.
    4) I never get the option to Log out, only Sleep, Shutdown, or Restart.

This leads me to believe that something in the "Create User" routine has failed and thus the store directory is never created along with the other user items.

I upgraded this machine from a Windows 8.1 OS. It is a Dell XPS 8700 with 32GB of memory with a 256GB Solid State boot drive. I have never been a member of the evaluation group or had a different operating system on this computer. It is basically a new machine.

Thanks for all the help.

One post suggested creating a new user and

Holydoc, Aug 20, 2015
  7. stocktiki Win User
    Having the same issue here. The Store app won't open anymore. Just shows splash screen for a second and then closes. It worked for the first few days after upgrading. Other apps work though. Dell XPS 8500.

stocktiki, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store No Longer Opens - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Longer

2. Microsoft store no longer on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store no longer on laptop.: Reset laptop. Signed back in with my windows log in. Now the store isnt on the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-no-longer-on-laptop/627176f5-a0fa-46f1-8aaa-f8ac0e84bdf9
  3. Microsoft store no longer on laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store no longer on laptop.: Reset laptop. Signed back in with my windows log in. Now the store isnt on the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-no-longer-on-laptop/627176f5-a0fa-46f1-8aaa-f8ac0e84bdf9
  4. Microsoft store no longer on laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. microsoft store not opening

microsoft store not opening: hello! my microsoft store is not opening when i double click on it it does'nt gives any response no loading sign at all i reinstall the windows hoping it will work but it isnt so can u plz help me with this and for your information i was previously having a problem like some...
  6. Microsoft Store not opening.

Microsoft Store not opening.: Hello sir/madam,I am Devan from India. My microsoft store isn't showing in apps and features option in settings and cant open with powershell command and i need to download something really important that can only be download from microsoft store. Please help me through this...
  7. Microsoft store not opening

Microsoft store not opening: My MS store is just loading and loading and loading... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-opening/2b325c62-01dd-48c2-9812-3cf0d7b4ac33
  8. Open Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Open Microsoft Store.: My microsoft store is not working. It is showing that We all have Bad Days .Please open my Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-microsoft-store/d4144eba-6710-495e-aa1b-bfe4c4a84e5a
  9. Microsoft Store no longer exists?

Microsoft Store no longer exists?: I cannot find the Microsoft Store. I have already reset to restore point but it is not there. What can I do now? Microsoft Store existiert nicht mehr?
  10. Microsoft store no longer working

Microsoft store no longer working: How do I get it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-no-longer-working/67523f25-4d72-4605-a5ef-d5fcaaa7ac4d