Windows 10: Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs

Discus and support Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is rolling out a server update for the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 and the new interface is available for everyone. The latest update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 19, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs

Microsoft is rolling out a server update for the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 and the new interface is available for everyone. The latest update brings some UI changes to apps and games product page.

Microsoft has tweaked the product page for PCs and the interface looks identical to the web version. The company has changed the position and modernized the look of Overview, System Requirements, Reviews and Related. It’s a small but an important change and it once again confirms that Microsoft is fully committed to the Windows 10 Store. Microsoft is also revamping the reviews section.

1 of 2
    Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs Microsoft-Store-improved-interface-705x420.jpg
    Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs Store-new-interface-713x420.jpg

There’s finally an option to remotely install the app to your other Windows 10 devices by opening it in the Microsoft Store app. It provides a handy way to install apps without the need to be sitting in front of your computer.

Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs Microsoft-Store-remote-installs.jpg

It appears that the new version of Microsoft Store is available for everyone and the ability to install apps remotely is available for select apps only.

The post Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 19, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

It's Microsoft pushing Apps from their Windows Store whether you want them or not. Even on a clean install you will have pending installation of Apps in the Tiles section (A great App awaits) when you click on the Start Menu. Same for me on Windows 10 Professional, ended up with Twitter, Facebook, Candy Crush, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and some others I'm forgetting the name of. Facebook is a new one.

biffzinker, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs

1. Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store updated

2. How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?: Hi,I see on the internet a lot of different articles that telling about how to install Microsoft Store apps remotely. For example, one of them - https://www.howtogeek.com/364464/how-to-remotely-install-microsoft-store-apps-to-your-windows-10-pc/.For now I tried to install one...
  3. How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?: Hi,I see on the internet a lot of different articles that telling about how to install Microsoft Store apps remotely. For example, one of them - https://www.howtogeek.com/364464/how-to-remotely-install-microsoft-store-apps-to-your-windows-10-pc/.For now I tried to install one...
  4. How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store and Xbox app interface malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Xbox app interface malfunctioning: For some time now, the interface of the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app has been malfunctioning. Most of the interface itself is missing text, images, buttons, but I can still interact with it if I remember where the buttons are most of the buttons are invisible. No other...
  6. Microsoft Store and Xbox app interface malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Xbox app interface malfunctioning: For some time now, the interface of the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app has been malfunctioning. Most of the interface itself is missing text, images, buttons, but I can still interact with it if I remember where the buttons are most of the buttons are invisible. No other...
  7. Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface: Microsoft recently announced a major update for Skype UWP app on Windows 10, bringing new features and refinements. Microsoft today in a blog post announced that the old classic Skype is also receiving a new update with similar changes and improved interface. If you’re still...
  8. Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 updated with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 updated with new features: Microsoft today pushed out a new update for its Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The app has been updated with new features along with the usual bug fixes and performance improvements on both Windows 10 PCs and Mobile. The latest update pushes the...
  9. Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10: How to: Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online in Windows 10 Microsoft has added a new Push To Install service on June 6, 2018 to the Microsoft account. If you like,...
  10. Remote Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online to Windows 10 Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remote Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online to Windows 10 Devices: How to: Remote Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online to Windows 10 Devices How to Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online to your Windows 10 Devices Microsoft has added a new Push To Install service on June 6, 2018 to the Microsoft account. This tutorial...