Windows 10: Microsoft Store or something else causing issues

Discus and support Microsoft Store or something else causing issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think I am having issues with MS Store. I firstly noticed I can not open any images using Photos, nothing happens when I double click an image. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zhejr, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Zhejr Win User

Microsoft Store or something else causing issues

I think I am having issues with MS Store.
    I firstly noticed I can not open any images using Photos, nothing happens when I double click an image.
    I have tried to doing > Open with> Photos> Ticking it as default, but the issue remains. However, I can open photos with Photoshop.

I also can not open videos with Default movie player, but I can with BS Player.

Besides this media issue I can not run some things in Control Panel too, and I can not run MS Store, nor Troubleshoot after I find them via Search next to Startup button. I can not open action center in System Tray

What may caused this: Didn't turn off my PC, left it to sleep, came back - Store and Mail icons on taskbar were blank, so I've unpinned them cuz I do not use them often anyway.

What I've tried: Doing a DISM and SFC/scannow - no errors found
    Did a virus scan/reg repair/ junk cleanup with 360 Total Security
    Did troubleshooting > Fix problems with windows update, which told me there are available updates for this machine and that I should download them install, I pressed Yes, but nothing is downloading it seems.

:)

Zhejr, Mar 24, 2018

2. Are they Windows 10 issues or something else?

Hi to all,

I have Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S3 14 20DM with Windows 10 pro installed (Intel core i5 and Ultrabook).

Problems:

1. Automatic display rotation stopped after new updates (BIOS JFETxxWW and other updates recommended by lenovo solution).

2. It shuts down automatically while in sleep mode.

3. When I shut down the laptop manually, the shut down led red light does not go off. It turns the light on. Then It needs force shut down.

4. Wifi often goes 'limited' and ultimately no internet (sometimes when I download a big data or browse a video in high resolution). Later, it automatically connects the internet but sometimes does not and
    it hangs up). Ultimately, it leads to force shut down.

5. Very weak internet even 5 to 10 meter distance from the router (compared to others).

Need HELP.. Thanks in advance

AmirUprety, Mar 24, 2018
  3. Are they Windows 10 issues or something else?

Hi Amir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Did you install all pending updates and also updated all device drivers?

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Run Power troubleshooter

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

1. Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type Troubleshooting.

2. Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

3. Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Method 2:

Run network adapter troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Network Adapter".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

I also suggest you to reset the Wi-Fi router to check if that helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 24, 2018
  4. Microsoft Store or something else causing issues

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 24, 2018
  5. Zhejr Win User
    Zhejr, Mar 25, 2018
  6. Zhejr Win User
    AFter using browser for a while, specifically Outlook and writing emails, things are back to where they were, and unresponsive again *SadI will try the link you gave me, Thanks

Zhejr, Mar 25, 2018
  7. That is a little odd that it recovered. Regardless, reinstalling the apps should resolve the issue.

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 26, 2018
  8. Zhejr Win User

Yeah, it recovers every time I turn the PC back on again. My Chrome is terribly slow lately, perhaps its related

Zhejr, Mar 26, 2018
  9. Zhejr Win User
    Same thing today, I turn PC on, everything's fine, after 5mins I can't open images with using default Photo program.
    I have tried the solution you gave me, this is what I get
    Microsoft Store or something else causing issues [​IMG]

Thanks again for helping me out

Zhejr, Mar 27, 2018
  10. You need to run this as an administrator. Looks like you may have opened it without admin rights.

Try running the command for just the Photo's app:

Code: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.1208.10480.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}[/quote]

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 28, 2018
  11. Zhejr Win User
    Nope, tried running it as admin as you can see on the screenshot.
    Tried both for all and for Photo app only, I get not found msg
    Microsoft Store or something else causing issues [​IMG]

[/quote]

Zhejr, Mar 28, 2018
  12. Zhejr Win User
    Anyone else have an idea?
    Btw my internet seems to intermittently slow down a lot, then go back to normal. Not sure if it's related but I'd love to resolve this issue too.

Zhejr, Apr 1, 2018
  13. Zhejr Win User

For example can not open outlook for few minutes now in a new tab in Chrome

Zhejr, Apr 1, 2018
  14. Zhejr Win User
    Hi, thanks for response.
    Yeah I am using some extensions in browser.

I have tried doing a clean boot, seems things are back to normal speed now while browsing. However I could not remove 360 Security from startup, prior doing a clean boot.

Zhejr, Apr 4, 2018
  15. Zhejr Win User
    Bump
    The issue I have seems browser related, cuz I can pretty much play an online game without any connectivity issues, but using browser is a headache

Zhejr, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store or something else causing issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store something

2. Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?: Hello. Just as I started typing this the laptop died again, so i booted up safe mode to try and reach for the minidump files, which are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V334rEcKYU562ViKA1deaf9_BnbTsiJY?usp=sharingAnd guess what: it crashes also in safe mode, and...
  3. Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?: Hello. Just as I started typing this the laptop died again, so i booted up safe mode to try and reach for the minidump files, which are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V334rEcKYU562ViKA1deaf9_BnbTsiJY?usp=sharingAnd guess what: it crashes also in safe mode, and...
  4. Microsoft Store bug or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store bug or something else?: I just opened Windows Store to check for updates and this popped up. Didn't know Notepad received a whole Cyberpunk-like update. Jokes aside , this is a weird bug that didn't happen to me before. I'll try repairing/resetting Windows Store , but I want to hear some advices...
  5. Microsoft Store bug or something else?

Microsoft Store bug or something else?: I just opened Windows Store to check for updates and this popped up. Didn't know Notepad received a whole Cyberpunk-like update. Jokes aside , this is a weird bug that didn't happen to me before. I'll try repairing/resetting Windows Store , but I want to hear some advices...
  6. Is the new Windows 10 update causing issues or is it something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the new Windows 10 update causing issues or is it something else?: My PC has essentially been a brick since downloading the new update for Windows 10. I can only have one tab open at the most and I cannot open steam or discord at all. Whenever I use chrome and click on a link it takes forever to open. I tried opening iCue for my keyboard and...
  7. Is the new Windows 10 update causing issues or is it something else?

Is the new Windows 10 update causing issues or is it something else?: My PC has essentially been a brick since downloading the new update for Windows 10. I can only have one tab open at the most and I cannot open steam or discord at all. Whenever I use chrome and click on a link it takes forever to open. I tried opening iCue for my keyboard and...
  8. Is the new Windows 10 update causing issues or is it something else?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Is my issue with windows 10 or something else?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my issue with windows 10 or something else?: #1 I recently built a new computer. I installed Windows and everything was working just fine. I shut my computer off and the next day when I turn on my computer I get to the login screen for about 5-10 seconds and then my monitor will lose signal. The computer will reboot...
  10. Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?: I have what may be a print spooler or print queue problem. I have two network printers connected, a HP Lazerjet pro 400 (M401dne) and a HP Officejet Pro 8610. I am unable to print on the 8610 by sending documents to the printer. I can print an internal (?) test page using...