Windows 10: Microsoft support call appointments: always late? Are they any good?

Discus and support Microsoft support call appointments: always late? Are they any good? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this problem with Windows 10 Pro 64, FCU, that the guys on this forum can't seem to figure out, spo I thought I should do a support call with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Dec 12, 2017.

1. x509 Win User

Microsoft support call appointments: always late? Are they any good?

I have this problem with Windows 10 Pro 64, FCU, that the guys on this forum can't seem to figure out, spo I thought I should do a support call with MS. So I went to support.microsoft.com. A call back? *sarc Wait "only" 1080 or 1900 minutes, on the two times I went to the site. The first visit, I scheduled a call for last Thursday evening, but didn't get a call until Friday afternoon, when I was just about to go out, so i couldn't do the call. Then I scheduled a call for 9 pm Sunday, and didn't get a call until Monday mid-day, when (1) I was not home with the problem laptop, and (2) I was working with a client, so I couldn't do the call with MS anyway.

So I'm asking people here. Is this the typical experience with an "appointment" with Microsoft? *really

By the way, this would be my first real experience with MS support. is it even worth the trouble? *Shock *Rolleyes Rather than trying to solve the the problem, am I better off just nuking the C: partition and reloading from scratch? I keep all my user data on a separate D: partition.

:)

2. slance310 Win User

Phoney calls says they are from Windows.

Hi,

I have received countless calls like that... They are all scams...

Microsoft will not call you...

The only exception to that would be if you called Microsoft Support and scheduled a call back...

slance310, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Security Compromise

Clearly a fraud. Microsoft nor any other legitimate support provider will never call you unless they are returning a support call in a scheduled appointment. Ignore these calls, as well as any support pop-ups that include a phone number. Close the window
    by whatever means necessary.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 12, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

A clean install is always the fastest and cleanest way to fix your computer.
    Especially if you have spent hours and days trying to fix something and not getting anywhere.

spunk, Dec 12, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    If the problem is better explained and instead of having people drag it out like twenty questions, usually the answer is already in prior posts or the tutorials fix it. There are plenty of resources out there that help to fix issues, including the Insider's forum. Stop wasting your money on Microsoft and use it to invest into expanding to know more about the OS.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft support call appointments: always late? Are they any good? - Similar Threads - Microsoft support call

2. Is this a good number to call 1-866-823-2851 to call for Microsoft support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a good number to call 1-866-823-2851 to call for Microsoft support?: Is the phone number: 1-866-823-2851 valid for Microsoft Support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-a-good-number-to-call-1-866-823-2851-to/cdfdac4f-8732-4815-bc02-9fe60e7720f0
  3. Is this a good number to call 1-866-823-2851 to call for Microsoft support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a good number to call 1-866-823-2851 to call for Microsoft support?: Is the phone number: 1-866-823-2851 valid for Microsoft Support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-a-good-number-to-call-1-866-823-2851-to/cdfdac4f-8732-4815-bc02-9fe60e7720f0
  4. Is this a good number to call 1-866-823-2851 to call for Microsoft support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. appointment with level 2 support and they never called me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    appointment with level 2 support and they never called me: I had a Level 2 support call to me scheduled for today @ 12:00 pm eastern standard time and it is now 1:30 pm and no call. case #1013494257 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appointment-with-level-2-support-and-they-never/e62d40f6-c2b6-4dd7-96d1-29665216e165
  6. Microsoft Support Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support Call: So I've been trying to get Microsoft support to call me for the past 7-8 hours but it always says we are having trouble connecting you .I really need someone to call me so I can get my issues with a code fixed *moved...
  7. A Microsoft Support Team Call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Microsoft Support Team Call: We had a phone call in our answering machine saying it was from Microsoft support team and they'll charge $299.90 from our bank account. They left the phone # to call. Should we ignore the call and delete the message?...
  8. Microsoft support phone calls

Microsoft support phone calls: I would be interested if anyone else has experienced the following (and been as daft as I was initially). I received a call from 'Microsoft' advising that my PC had a deadly virus and could I clear it. After some chat with an Asian voice I was passed on to possibly a...
  9. Called wrong tech support don’t know if it’s too late

Called wrong tech support don’t know if it’s too late: Hello, this morning I was playing games on my new computer when I ran into a windows bluescreen. I tried troubleshooting it myself but couldn’t find a fix. I mistakenly called a third party tech support company called guruaid. I had my friend talk to them while I googled them...
  10. Microsoft Edge any good?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge any good?: HI folks just a quick question, at the moment my internet browser is Microsoft Edge and I feel is becoming slow, I am wondering if I need to replace it with google chrome. What you guys think? Thanks for the reply 77341