Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there Who said the laptop was dead -- Ms IMO have got this just right -- not cheap and very definitely a PRO machine - but well worthy as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Feb 17, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead

Hi there

Who said the laptop was dead --

Ms IMO have got this just right -- not cheap and very definitely a PRO machine - but well worthy as a MacBook competitor. Looks also a lot more rugged that the original tablet type "Vanilla" Surface Slab.

Surface Book - The ultimate laptop

I Want one !!!! Today !!!!!

Ms STOP doing this -- reading about some of your new products could "Seriously damage your Wealth" !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 17, 2016

2. Window 10 start menu critical error

No relief. I tried all of this, but I got an error message with the Restorehealth command.

My laptop is a new (unusable) Surface Book. What's next?

Update: no help from Microsoft, but my IT support said the only fix was to wipe it and start over.

If you are thinking about a Surface Book, my advice is to just say "No!"

Florida Doug, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Webbic Win User
    KB3194798 kills the USB ports again...

Same here with my Surface Book. When this update installs, my USB ports are dead and I can't use my keyboard/touchpad on my Surface Book until I uninstall.

Webbic, Feb 17, 2016
  4. Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead

I just bought one for a coworker. He wanted the Surface Pro 4, but wanted to keep using his computer on the train rides home. My only real complaint about it is the cost. It works upright like a regular laptop, but still has the same tablet capabilities. I used to have a Surface Pro 3 before switching jobs and I really liked that, especially since I used it with a dock. The keyboard flexed a lot, so it is nice to see the Surface Book having a sturdier keyboard. So far so good.

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    FYI the new Surface Pro Keyboard (as opposed to the Surface Type Cover) does not flex at all. It is compatible with the SP3 and SP4.

PJLLB, Feb 18, 2016
  6. Thanks! Good to know. I'll be ordering a few more soon and will look for this better keyboard.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead

1. Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Book

2. Microsoft whiteboard on surface book frozen on open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft whiteboard on surface book frozen on open: I was trying to share my whiteboard and realized I was logged into corporate teams rather than my personal live account so it wouldn't let me share. So i selected log out on whiteboard with the intent to log in to my personal account... Now when i open whiteboard it opens...
  3. Surface Laptop now dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Laptop now dead: I don't know what level Windows 10 I'm on. I debilitated the updates awhile ago after one update destroyed my installations of Photoshop and Corel Paintshop Pro and it took me weeks and countless phone calls to get it running again. But this has to do with the keyboard and...
  4. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  5. Who said windows isn't customizable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Who said windows isn't customizable?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sksenweb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho2qs3/who_said_windows_isnt_customizable/
  6. Microsoft surface book 1 touchscreen issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft surface book 1 touchscreen issues: I have a surface book 1 and at first I had phantom touch issues but when I installed a newer version of Windows 10 it went away. But when I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 the issue came back. So I reset the device and downloaded all the drivers and now I have a...
  7. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  8. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....
  9. Microsoft Surface Book Random System Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Surface Book Random System Freeze: I have read other threads on Win10 freezing after upgrades but they are very different than what I am experiencing. Just got the Surface Book this morning. It is the i7, 256 Gb hard drive, 8 Gb ram version. Without installing anything the system randomly freezes. Does it more...
  10. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop: When I reviewed Microsoft's Surface 3 tablet earlier this year I simply concluded that Microsoft should make a laptop. I can't believe I'm typing this, but the Surface Book laptop now exists. I got a chance to take a closer look at the Surface Laptop during Microsoft's...