Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Booting Issues

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Booting Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having a problem with my Surface Pro (Win 10). One morning I woke up and turned on my Surface. To my surprise, I get this screen:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by craigmh74, Oct 30, 2016.

1. craigmh74 Win User

Microsoft Surface Booting Issues

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my Surface Pro (Win 10). One morning I woke up and turned on my Surface. To my surprise, I get this screen:

Trusted Platform Module (TPM) [Enabled]
    Secure Boot Control [Enabled]
    Install Default Secure Boot Keys
    Delete All Secure Boot Keys
    Exit Setup

I didn't download anything, it just happened. I tried resetting it [holding down vol. keys and pressing power], but no luck. Is there anything else I can do???

Thanks,
    Craig

:)

craigmh74, Oct 30, 2016
  2. Batvanio Win User

Windows 10 Start-up Error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

This information did not help, because it is not any of the hardware problems described there. I was able however to boot from an USB drive that had Windows 8.1 (seems like nothing else boots on Surface 3 , even though I was able to boot Win 10 on Surface 3
    Pro, it did not work on Surface 3) and then install Windows 8.1 again. However, after this operation, the touch screen stopped responding. So, the Surface is going back to Microsoft.

Batvanio, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10: Surface book disallowed to sign-in and most of the services failed

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

Please refer to the Windows article links below and check if it helps.

Surface won’t turn on, Windows won’t start, or the battery won’t charge

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...d-recovery/surface-wont-turn-on?os=windows-10

Boot Surface from a USB device

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...urface-from-usb-recovery-device?os=windows-10

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Craig, *Smile

It looks like you booted to BIOS/UEFI firmware settings. You should be able to select "Exit Setup" and confirm to boot back to Windows.

Brink, Oct 30, 2016
  5. craigmh74 Win User
    I tried that. When I exit setup it would restart and take me back to the same screen.

craigmh74, Nov 1, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Boot to install or recovery media on USB, then see what you can see about the installed disk in the Surface Pro PC. You may need a boot repair, or something more serious (upgrade resinstall or clean install, for example). You won't know much more until you can get more insight as to the status of the built-in SSD.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Surface Booting Issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Booting

2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  4. Boot Looping Microsoft Surfaces

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Looping Microsoft Surfaces: We use around 300 Microsoft Surface Tablets Surface Pro 3, Pro 4, Pro 5, Pro 6, Pro7 . Since April 2020, we've started to encounter an issue where tablets will, seemingly randomly, start going into a Boot Loop with the "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" error.The...
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 boot loop issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4 boot loop issue...: SOS my surface pro 4 is stuck in the boot loop where I selected to complete an update and auto restart, and upon shutting off and going to auto restart my surface will not boot all the way. I have had this issue before and the only way I was able to get it fixed was to seek...
  6. Microsoft Surface Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Surface Audio Issues: [ATTACH] Bug may not be the best flair as this is extremely flummoxing, but it was the best I could find. So this problem started a while ago when I installed an option update, other information may show that this is not what caused it. The sound on my laptop stops...
  7. Microsoft Surface pro 6 boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface pro 6 boot failure: I have a MS Surface pro 6 1796 . I got error 0xc0000185 and blue screen I have created a boot recovery disc on my mac, and it gets me up and running but i cannot get the machine to start in safe mode none of the menu's i see match what is online and I cannot get to safe...
  8. Issue with scrolling Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with scrolling Microsoft Surface: Hey guys I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I have an issue that when I scroll upwards on ANY browser the bottom of the browser also gets pulled upward about 1/3 of the way up then stops. This creates a white space and goes away if I scroll back down but comes...
  9. Microsoft Surface Keyboard Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Keyboard Connection Issue: I have a Surface Book which I use with a Microsoft docking station and a Microsoft Surface Keyboard. Whenever I use the Surface Book away from the docking station and Microsoft Surface Keyboard, the Microsoft Surface Keyboard will not reconnect. It is paired=, but will not...
  10. Microsoft surface pro cannot boot to PXE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft surface pro cannot boot to PXE: Hi, I tried to boot Microsoft Surface by hold volume down button and Press and release the Power button to PXE boot but failed. Tried to boot on BIOS also failed as it will redirect me to BIOS setting. Kindly need your help to solve this issue. Thanks. Adib...