Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Issues (Freeze and Click-Lock)

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Issues (Freeze and Click-Lock) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse to replace an older Microsoft mouse on Windows 10. I was not experiencing either of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jacob S 1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Jacob S 1 Win User

Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Issues (Freeze and Click-Lock)

I recently installed a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse to replace an older Microsoft mouse on Windows 10. I was not experiencing either of these issues previously, so I would believe that the issues are related to the hardware, drivers, or some settings that I am unaware of.

The mouse is connected in USB mode.

1) The mouse buttons function similarly to click-lock, even though that option is not enabled. After approximately 3 seconds, a mouse button will continue to hold when released. This click-lock will continue until the button is pressed again or until the mouse is moved.

a) For example, in a web browser I can click and hold to create a new tab. I release the mouse button after 3 seconds, but the software treats it like click-lock mode. Once I move the mouse, it then releases the hold and the new tab is created.

2) The mouse cursor periodically freezes. The light on the mouse is still on. The connection does not appear to be loose, and wiggling it does not restore any connection. Unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in restarts the connection.

I also installed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center in case that may have had further options or solutions. It did not affect anything; the problems were there both before and after this update.

:)

Jacob S 1, Sep 4, 2018

2. Jumpy Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse

Hi,

Your concern regarding the Microsoft Surface Precision mouse not working properly can be caused by an outdated software or a possible hardware fault. As an initial step to isolate your concern, we suggest that you download and install
    the latest Mouse and Keyboard Center app which promotes optimal device utilization. Click this
    link and select the appropriate version for your system to start the download.

In the event that you continue to encounter the issue even after installing the app on a different device, then we suggest that you get in-touch with our contact support team to rule out any hardware related issues. Select the channel of support from this
    support link.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Microsoft Surface Mouse

Hi Monica,

Issues with using Microsoft Surface mouse are usually occurring due to software and hardware issues. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    link
    . It serves as a guide on how to troubleshoot problems with your Bluetooth mouse.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Issues (Freeze and Click-Lock)

ARC Mouse locking up Surface Win 10 Tablet

Hello Eric,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact of your Surface device?
    • Please clarify that the issue is about the ARC Bluetooth Mouse somehow locks your computer and sends you to the lockscreen.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to try performing the steps in the articles below to troubleshoot the said issue:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Issues (Freeze and Click-Lock)

1. Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Issues (Freeze and Click-Lock) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Precision

2. Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse & Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse & Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: I purchased a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse as I wanted a Bluetooth rechargeable mouse.In Win11 beta and still in win11 release, the mouse side buttons keep randomly activating while using my mouse.It gets really bad on the side middle button. It brings up this desktop...
  3. Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse & Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse & Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: I purchased a Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse as I wanted a Bluetooth rechargeable mouse.In Win11 beta and still in win11 release, the mouse side buttons keep randomly activating while using my mouse.It gets really bad on the side middle button. It brings up this desktop...
  4. Microsoft Precision Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Precision Mouse: Hello, I just bought a Microsoft Precision mouse. I'm trying to pair it with my Dell Inspiron 17 laptop. When I go through the steps to pair, nothing comes up in my bluetooth devices. Also my bluetooth compatibility is higher than 4.0. Any help would be appreciated. Larry A...
  5. microsoft mouse keeps freezing on surface book3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft mouse keeps freezing on surface book3: My microsoft mouse keeps freezing on surface book3. It happens more and more frequently. Very annoying. How can I solve this? I've changed three types of mouse including a bluetooth one...
  6. about Microsoft precision mouse

about Microsoft precision mouse: I just wonder if I can program the thumb button in Microsoft precision mouse to move forward or backward by few second in Youtube for example? is it having that capability to be programmed that much?...
  7. Microsoft Precision Mouse Not Charging

Microsoft Precision Mouse Not Charging: Hello, I purchased a Precision mouse a couple of months ago, and all seemed to be working fine. A month after purchasing it, I received a notification that battery is running low, and I need to charge the device. After charging it over night, I saw it was still showing a...
  8. How to disassemble Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Bluetooth-Black

How to disassemble Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Bluetooth-Black: Hi! I would like to disassemble the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse but I can't find any manual or tutorial on how to do it. No screws are visible and the top lid does not seem to come off easily. Link the the mouse:...
  9. Surface Precision Mouse freezes my Surface when opening Keyboard and Mouse Center

Surface Precision Mouse freezes my Surface when opening Keyboard and Mouse Center: The precision mouse has worked for a few months perfectly until recently. A few days ago the battery showed low so I charged the mouse. And after that the mouse lost bluetooth connection to my Surface Pro 4. Then I removed the mouse from the bluetooth device list and paired...
  10. Mouse Click freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse Click freeze: I don't know if I can make this question here, because is about windows 8.1 But, the problem is Sometimes when I click with the right mouse button in any part of the screen, everything freeze for 1 sec and then back to "normal". Could this happening because of the Video...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-pro-6/8zcnc665slq5?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtabww.bing.co

2. microsoft surface keyboard causes mouse to freese

3. microsoft precision mouse click lock

4. surface clicklock willfully mouse