Windows 10: Microsoft Teams adds guest access

Discus and support Microsoft Teams adds guest access in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Since Microsoft Teams became generally available six months ago, more than 125,000 organizations have discovered how teamwork comes to life in Teams.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Teams adds guest access

Source: Expand your collaboration with guest access in Microsoft Teams

:)

Brink, Sep 10, 2017

2. guest account access

I have added a guest account without a Microsoft account

(start-settings-accounts-other people-add someone else to this PC-add user without a Microsoft account)

Can I lock setting access on this account? I do not want the guest opening and customizing settings. Is there a way to set all settings, then lock access so only the Admin(myself) can change/control these settings? Can guest privileges be customized?

VictoriaEsquivel1, Sep 10, 2017
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Require Windows 10 login

you can activate the built in Guest account with which you are familiar by :-

click start and type cmd

right click on command prompt and select 'run as administrator'

in the command prompt windows type net user guest /active:yes

and press enter

(to hide it again type net user guest /active:no)

or (better)

you can create an account for guests and restrict them to selected apps

settings -> accounts -> family & other people

under other people ' add someone else to this pc'

click "I don't have this persons sign-in information"

click "Add a user without a Microsoft Account"

enter details for the guest account and click next

once the account has been created click on 'set up assigned access'

choose the new guest account then choose which app(s) they are allowed to access.

Martmcd, Sep 10, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft Teams adds guest access

1. Microsoft Teams adds guest access - Similar Threads - Microsoft Teams adds

2. Cannot add Members to Microsoft Teams [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot add Members to Microsoft Teams [Fix]: [IMG]When adding users to Microsoft Teams, if you see the error message We couldn’t add member, then this post is sure to help you. Some users have recently complained that this error message keeps troubling them. The complete error message reads: We couldn’t add member. We...
  3. How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?: I have a new laptop and want to add my microsoft account, but my guest account is finished set up and personalized. How to add microsoft account without delete guest account?...
  4. Important updates to Guest Access defaults in Microsoft Teams in Feb.

in Windows 10 News
    Important updates to Guest Access defaults in Microsoft Teams in Feb.: In Teams support, we often receive questions from customers seeking help when working with Guests – especially from new tenants. You can guess how excited we are to see Guest Access be enabled by default in Teams for new tenants starting on February 8, 2021. This...
  5. Teams - people icons for guests not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teams - people icons for guests not displayed correctly: Hi, I've spotted some odd behaviour in Teams. People invited to Teams as guests and who have photographs set for their profile only get their picture displayed if Teams is used in a browser. In the desktop or Android app they appear as the default plain coloured icon...
  6. Microsoft Teams users now able to add Yammer tab to Teams channel

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams users now able to add Yammer tab to Teams channel: Starting today, Microsoft Teams users will be able to add a Yammer tab to their Teams channel that loads a specified group or topic feed from Yammer. This new feature will allow members follow and share conversations in Yammer without having to leave Teams. Your team members...
  7. Unable to add a guest account to computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add a guest account to computer: how do I allow another person to access my computer in a guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-a-guest-account-to-computer/31c64e5e-073f-48d2-b443-2b392e70594a"
  8. can I add a guest account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can I add a guest account: I would like to add a guest account like I could do with windows 7 rather that an account for each person that wants to use my computer is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-a-guest-account/95dec857-fbf7-4ce9-9bad-c2cdef43591f
  9. Add Guest Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594
  10. You can now setup guest access in Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    You can now setup guest access in Microsoft Teams: g21Hcqdl5tI We’re starting to roll out the ability to add anyone as a guest in Microsoft Teams. This means that anyone with a business or consumer email account, such as Outlook.com, Gmail.com or others, can participate as a guest in Teams with full access to team chats,...