Windows 10: Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications

Discus and support Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm not receiving any notifications from Microsoft Teams on my Windows 11 computer. I've checked my notification settings in Teams and made sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oliver Lewis1, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications

Hello, I'm not receiving any notifications from Microsoft Teams on my Windows 11 computer. I've checked my notification settings in Teams and made sure that they're enabled, but I still don't get any notifications for new messages or meetings. Is there a fix for this issue, or any troubleshooting steps I can follow to get Teams notifications working again?

:)

Oliver Lewis1, Feb 24, 2024
  2. reelyard Win User

Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

When you receive a message through Microsoft teams you get a toast notification and the icon flashes. You can choose to have these notifications enabled or not. However, when the "banner" notification is disabled the toolbar icon does not flash at all.

Is there is a way to disable the toast notification but keep the flashing toolbar icon intact?

I have disabled all notifications in the Notifications settings within Windows 10, but the toast notifications are still showing.

Edit

This screenshot is to confirm that Microsoft Teams does not show up within the Notifications & Actions settings window:

Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications 6nWD9.png

Edit 2

The version of Teams I have installed is 1.1.00.10955 (64 bit). It was last updated on 04/05/2018.

Edit 3

There is now a suggestion on Microsoft's User Voice forum surrounding this feature. You can follow it here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.co...urn-off-message-preview-in-notification-toast

reelyard, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

It appears what you want will not be possible.

Based on, Notifications in MS Teams, the following is true.

The user concluded the following:

So it appears that toast notifications for Microsoft Teams cannot be disabled, still keep the taskbar icon flashing. It's possible the toast notifications still appearing, in the Activity Center even after they are turned off for all applications, is actually a bug with Microsoft Teams though.

Ramhound, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications

1. Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications - Similar Threads - Microsoft Teams Showing

2. Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Teams Not Showing Notifications: Hello, I'm not receiving any notifications from Microsoft Teams on my Windows 11 computer. I've checked my notification settings in Teams and made sure that they're enabled, but I still don't get any notifications for new messages or meetings. Is there a fix for this issue,...
  3. Teams notifications won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams notifications won't go away: In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would be like. I never added anyone to the meeting - I just closed the video conferencing as soon as I opened it. But I did notice...
  4. Teams notifications won't go away

Teams notifications won't go away: In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would be like. I never added anyone to the meeting - I just closed the video conferencing as soon as I opened it. But I did notice...
  5. Notification to get Microsoft Teams won't stop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification to get Microsoft Teams won't stop.: Notifications for Microsoft Teams does not stop. It keeps complaining. Does not take no Thanks for an answer.* Original title: Notifications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-to-get-microsoft-teams-wont-stop/9df864ab-3f81-46c2-aac0-aa166ac2adf1
  6. Notifications from Yammer communities now available in Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    Notifications from Yammer communities now available in Microsoft Teams: Today we’re announcing the rollout of notifications from Yammer communities in Microsoft Teams. With millions of employees working remotely or in hybrid environments, it’s more important than ever for employees to feel connected. Teams makes it easier...
  7. Teams turn off notifications

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Teams turn off notifications: Daughter is back at school remotely using Teams Teacher asks a question and all the students reply This then rapidly obscures the chat window with notifications Answer is turn off notifications but when 'More options' is selected for any of the original messages the 'Turn off...
  8. MICROSOFT TEAMS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT TEAMS: Hi, I am using my official email to microsoft and wanted to use MS Teams. Downloaded the Tams app. But after signing in its showing sign up for teams. Then I had signed up for Teams as well and signed in to Teams. still that are asking to sign up or use verification mail. But...
  9. Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams: for Microsoft Teams download, is a Laptop considered a Desktop or Mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-teams/3f05781d-c460-48f1-9482-081ee216ee24
  10. Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Teams: My 8 year old daughter's school is using Microsoft teams during the COVID shutdown. They've provided my with her webmail address and instructions on how to launch teams. She is using one of my old laptops which have my Microsoft sign-in; and this appears to be causing a...