Windows 10: Microsoft tech made my computer not work right!

Discus and support Microsoft tech made my computer not work right! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yesterday I went on the microsoft live chat so they can help me get windows 10 because I was tired of waiting for my reserved copy to arrive. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tim87, Nov 4, 2015.

1. tim87 Win User

Microsoft tech made my computer not work right!

So yesterday I went on the microsoft live chat so they can help me get windows 10 because I was tired of waiting for my reserved copy to arrive. The person took control of my pc, and ended up deleting some temp files I guess and also renamed some stuff. They eventually tried uninstalling avast, but it wouldn't work so they restarted my pc which locked up on the hp logo screen so I had to hold down the power button to turn off my pc. Anyways, whatever they did, they made my pc not run as smoothly as it used to, it locks up every time I restart, and my pc has disconnected from my wifi like 3 times since yesterday (there's nothing wrong with my internet). Microsoft is supposed to help fix stuff not cause problems!

:)

tim87, Nov 4, 2015

2. A Microsoft tech made changes on my computer that made it dysfunctional for three months until I could boot up.

It appears there is a degree of confusion between your account name and your profile folders. Since sorting this out would require direct access to your machine, I recommend you ask a computer-savvy friend to help you.

Frederik Long, Nov 4, 2015
  3. A Microsoft tech made changes on my computer that made it dysfunctional for three months until I could boot up.

He created a new file under Users>kount to replace Users>. So now my desktop icons don't show on the desktop although they are present under >desktop. Likewise, if I want to save a picture under >pictures, I get a message
    that I'm not authorized to do that and it asks if I want to save it under kount>pictures. The only thing that exists under kount>is OneDrive. I can't get rid of that so I can't get rid of kount. Where can I go to make sure that the computer knows Users>
    is the only path I want on this computer?

kountryking, Nov 4, 2015
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Nov 4, 2015
  5. tim87 Win User
    I went to the microsoft website to connect to live chat so how could it not be microsoft?

tim87, Nov 4, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    You spoke with a third party contractor. It is not that hard to just go to Microsoft.com and download the ESD ISO for either a DVD or USB stick.

No one is forcing you to upgrade to 10. Yes it does fix some things like Memory Management and that is really about the most that the causal user will notice.

There is no reason to use Microsoft to fix anything, same as wasting your money to take a computer to Best Buy or elsewhere, when you have more years of experience put together on here, then what you have in active IQ at Best Buy's Geek Squad or at Microsoft.

Come Tuesday, Microsoft is pushing out a fix to pull any items that nag people or force them to upgrade to 10. They realized that consumers are staying with Windows 7 & 8, because they do not see a need to go to ten at this point. Even worse is that they just disciplined all users of their One Drive service. The writing is on the wall that Microsoft is not going to be anything like it was, before the new CEO took over, come next year.

As long as your System Restore is turned on. You should be able to recover anything the idiot on chat did to your machine.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft tech made my computer not work right! - Similar Threads - Microsoft tech made

2. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  3. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  4. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Techs F**ked up my computer and then was no help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Techs F**ked up my computer and then was no help: So what started out as needing help with an upgrade that wasn't taking at 11am ended up with my whole computer wiped clean and no one can help. 5 different ways & 5 different techs - which none work. 1 managed to wipe my computer clean and no operating system. After...
  6. My computer isn't working right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer isn't working right: So when i start my computer it says preparing automatic repair after a while a error shows up error code:0xc0000001 i hope someone can help me Im using lenovo thinkpad with windows 10...
  7. was working with windows tech support, after they rebooted my computer, I was not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    was working with windows tech support, after they rebooted my computer, I was not...: was working with windows tech support, after they rebooted my computer, I was not reconnected - how do I reconnect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/was-working-with-windows-tech-support-after-they/408f4191-02ee-4464-9e06-4141c782ef86
  8. Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer!: Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer! Now what do I do to get help! Everyone I talked to at Microsoft transfers me to someone else now! You erased my external hard drive with all my work on it stored. I have My case number to all of the work and to the original problem...
  9. Microsoft Techs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Techs: Last year in December 2018 I had a tech support well what I thought fix my computer. He told me to disable everything Microsoft and it will reboot and we will be reconnected. I will send you an email he said. So I did what I was told. My computer did not reboot. I could not...
  10. Microsoft Techs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Techs: Last year in December 2018 I had a tech support well what I thought fix my computer. He told me to disable everything Microsoft and it will reboot and we will be reconnected. I will send you an email he said. So I did what I was told. My computer did not reboot. I could not...