Windows 10: Microsoft to expand the capabilities of Notepad

Discus and support Microsoft to expand the capabilities of Notepad in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft introduced the Notepad as a mouse-based text editor. And Notepad has been included in all versions of Microsoft Windows since Windows 1.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 14, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft to expand the capabilities of Notepad

Microsoft introduced the Notepad as a mouse-based text editor. And Notepad has been included in all versions of Microsoft Windows since Windows 1.0 which was released in 1985.

Even though it’s lack of functionality and lack of feature compare to other popular text-editor, Notepad is still one of the most used text-editor. Meanwhile, at Microsoft’s annual developer conference Build 2018, company announced that Notepad is getting support for the Unix/Linux and Macintosh line endings. This is such a huge thing not only for developers but also for users.

More recently, the last Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17666, Microsoft added a couple of more exciting feature in Notepad. Microsoft integrating the Bing search feature in Notepad. In order to invoke search all you have to do is select the word or phrase and press Ctrl + B, or right-click on selected text and hit “Search with Bing” or go to Edit > Search with Bing.

This feature work just fine. Yes, as you expect it will launch your default browser with a search query in Bing.com. But it would be so much better if Microsoft brings some adaptive card-based UI or something similar, (just like what we have in Microsoft Edge Ask Cortana), so a user doesn’t have to leave the Notepad at all.

Some users might find that Notepad is losing its enticement but it really doesn’t. Microsoft is just expanding the boundaries of it, and they are committed to keeping the Notepad a simple tool. Of course, Microsoft is not going to replace Notepad with a Universal Windows Platform app any time soon, so just don’t worry about.

As of now, these new features are only available for the Windows Insider who opted in to Skip Ahead branch and Insider in Fast Ring. But it will be available to everyone with the release of the Windows 10 Redstone 5 which is scheduled for Fall 2018. We’ll soon hear more information about it from Microsoft in upcoming months. Till that stay tuned to Windows Latest for more updates.

The post Microsoft to expand the capabilities of Notepad appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 14, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

notepad

Hi Christie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I’ll be glad to assist you.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with?

• What are referring to when you say “It won’t play any of the voice / music files i down loaded”?
    To open notepad in Windows 10, Type Notepad in the search bar and press Enter and check if you are able to open notepad.

Reply us back with more information. We will glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 16, 2018
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft to expand the capabilities of Notepad

1. Microsoft to expand the capabilities of Notepad - Similar Threads - Microsoft expand capabilities

2. Cannot Open Microsoft Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Microsoft Notepad: I use Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044 Build 19044.I enter "Notepad" in Start box in lower left hand corner. The app selection for Notepad appears.I select open.The little Notepad icon displays on the tray at the bottom of screen.I click on Notepad icon, but it does not...
  3. Microsoft Notepad file saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Notepad file saving: Hello, I was working on my notepad file and 100% remember saving it. I went away from the pc for a short time and when I came back, all the progress I made during that session was gone. What I guess happened is that I closed the actual file I was working on, but what waited...
  4. Microsoft Notepad file saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Notepad file saving: Hello, I was working on my notepad file and 100% remember saving it. I went away from the pc for a short time and when I came back, all the progress I made during that session was gone. What I guess happened is that I closed the actual file I was working on, but what waited...
  5. Defect in Microsoft Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defect in Microsoft Notepad: Hi,I found a defect in Microsoft NotepadVersion 21H1How to reproduce:1. Open notepad2. Start typing an alphabetjust keep the key for the alphabet pressed for e.g say key for the number '7'3. It gets displayed on the first line and then starts from second line and third and so...
  6. Defect in Microsoft Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defect in Microsoft Notepad: Hi,I found a defect in Microsoft NotepadVersion 21H1How to reproduce:1. Open notepad2. Start typing an alphabetjust keep the key for the alphabet pressed for e.g say key for the number '7'3. It gets displayed on the first line and then starts from second line and third and so...
  7. Microsoft Notepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Notepad: Trying to open a Notepad document provides error message the action failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-notepad/cb0371ce-3768-42e3-a31d-1d373bfc21a7
  8. New Microsoft Notepad

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Microsoft Notepad: I am trying to install the new Microsoft Notepad from the Microsoft Store and am getting an error message "it looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft Account. To install, sign in with your Microsoft Account" I am signed in....
  9. Microsoft Expanding Xbox One Voice Capabilities with Google Assistant Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Expanding Xbox One Voice Capabilities with Google Assistant Xbox: [ATTACH] On Team Xbox, we put customer choice at the forefront of our decision making and regularly use community feedback to help guide the experiences we deliver to gamers. One piece of feedback we’ve heard loud and clear is that you’ve wanted more options for using...
  10. Microsoft moves Notepad to the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft moves Notepad to the Microsoft Store: The plain text editor Notepad has been turned into a Microsoft Store application in the latest preview builds of the next major feature update for Windows 10, version 20H1. Notepad is certainly not the first core Windows program that Microsoft turned into a Store application...