Windows 10: Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

Discus and support Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I agree, many modern distributions of Linux is as easy to use as any version of Windows. In fact there's been a major effort to make using Linux easy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

Totally agree. What I'm doing on my Pi is well past your basic stuff though. And I'm a total noob and I still mange to get it done. With the help of good tutorials. GPIO bus etc.

alphanumeric, Oct 30, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

I want to get a Pi one day. Looks like a fun project to learn and play with. Linux is just an OS.. it's different but anyone can learn to use it if they take the time.

BunnyJ, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Gary Win User
    I posted it after the fact because bunny did not understand what I meant, I could not post any more about Bruno as you have to be a member of that forum to get it. Bruno taught Linux at a University in Amsterdam here is another link.

www.brunolinux.com

Now I have said all I have to say about this matter.

4. BunnyJ New Member

Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

That's still clear a mud. It's up to you to show where he said that new users should avoid Linux not us.

BunnyJ, Oct 30, 2015
  5. Here is some light reading, lol, The Raspberry Pi Thread

6. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks.. I'll be checking that out.
    Take care!!

BunnyJ, Oct 30, 2015
  7. Yeah, I think you dug the hole deep enough at this point. Fine by me.

8. zooburner Win User

It's a bit like workmen walking into your home uninvited with lots of tools just because you left the door unlocked, telling you they have come to replace the double glazing, fit new doors, repaint, and put new carpets in.

When you say to them "No thanks I really love my house the way it is'' then they tell you that well okay, but they will leave all their tools in your house just in case you change your mind.

So much for Microsoft saying that the earlier auto update was a mistake (yeah right) they clearly saw a bump in Windows 10 uptake from unsuspecting users and are trying to pull the same dishonest trick, but thinking it's okay because they told people about it in advance. Just how desperate are they ?

zooburner, Oct 30, 2015
  9. gator2013 Win User
    We will get a better picture in about 48 hours when the October 15 OS Market-share number come in. MS better be careful, what if they disable a system that is performing a critical function and it results in some real damage?.

gator2013, Oct 30, 2015
  10. fredc Win User
    I hate when that happens , tools are easy to trip over and my place isn't big enough to deal with extra tools .

You got spunk my friend and i agree with everything you say , MS is clearly out of control.

fredc, Oct 30, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    Yes but when I say it I get slammed.*Smile

12. fredc Win User
    And don't think i don't appreciate you taking the hit because i do .

fredc, Oct 30, 2015
  13. BillyBob Win User

If you ever see those workmen again, send them to my place, I don't mind getting stuff done for nothing.

BillyBob, Oct 30, 2015
  14. bobjoe Win User
    One of the main reasons I hate Windows 10 is not because it's a bad OS in itself, but rather, the ETHICS behind it. MSFT pretty much FORCING people to upgrade to it is not my cup of tea. Also, they're instance that Windows 10 is "the most secure Windows ever" and their joking around with the cat pictures are not funny.

bobjoe, Oct 30, 2015
  15. fredc Win User
    If the OS was tolerable and not jam packed with so much crap that Microsoft makes it much harder to remove then it should be the ethics part i could probably get over .

I don't have to like MS to use their products if i happened to like the product but after trying 10 for 6 weeks i became to dislike it more and more every day .

A HUGE problem is that with every release the user has less and less control and thats just not going to work with me . I have to be able to customize and EASILY get rid of things that i know i will never use and thats just not the case with Win 10.

fredc, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 - Similar Threads - Microsoft force users

2. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  3. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  4. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users: Microsoft has begun informing users that Windows 10 version 1903 is reaching the end of support next month and those still running the unsupported operating system will be force upgraded without their permission. Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 version...
  6. SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE

SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE: I HATE WINDOWS! THANKS FOR THE SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE WHEN ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO MUSIC!!! YOUR LONG ANNOYING **** UPDATE IS NOT NEEDED. GO **** YOURSLEF. I WILL NEVER BUY WINDOWS AGAIN. **** YOU. MUSIC IS ALL I NEEDED NOT YOUR...
  7. HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10: Can any one please tell me HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10? Not even restarting the computer the signed In user will not go away. Any Idea Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 automatic update changed user

Windows 10 automatic update changed user: Hi, it seems Windows 10 updated automatically. It changed language into Finnish (I could change this into English - but why should the update do and change the language by itself???) user into "Installation" instead of the user's name "FESTO" as it was (even this in...
  9. How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?

How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?: The question is in the title. My computer wants to restart itself several times a week at totally random occasions and in the middle of presentations and movies etc. Totally annoying. Why do we need updates every day? The downloads also slow the computer down. I know it is...
  10. Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates: Hello Interesting read here: Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates - Forbes after many upgraders had problems: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...date-problems/ I had to upgrade through windows creation tool as i am still getting messages that my...