Windows 10: Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

Discus and support Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the main reasons I hate Windows 10 is not because it's a bad OS in itself, but rather, the ETHICS behind it. MSFT pretty much FORCING people to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Oct 29, 2015.

1. zooburner Win User

Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

Yes I agree, it's not windows 10 itself that concerns me it's the 'We know best' attitude, the ''oh come on upgrade.. upgrade''

I do like that they offered it via windows update, but should have released a 'Do not download any GWX files, Windows 10 files, or try to upgrade my system' tool that you could install as a one off and have it able to toggle if you wanted to reverse that, in other words it should have been Microsoft that released the GWX control panel, and it should also work even if you have automatic updates running.

A user should be able to leave automatic updates on in Windows 7/8/8.1 without worrying about a sneaky upgrade download.

zooburner, Oct 30, 2015

2. It will probably be the day i leave MS OS all together. Not really that impressed with Win 10 and if they are going to keep on pushing then i will finally jump onto Linux or may wait until mid next year and go to Apple OS and Hardware. Its been some time at the back of my mind and i think Win 10 will finally do it.

JohnMarchant, Oct 31, 2015
  3. popeye Win User
    From here: http://arstechnica.com/information-t...rly-next-year/

Would like everyone's comments especially this bit:

"Then, early next year, it will be categorized as a "Recommended Update." This is significant, because it means that systems that are configured to download and install recommended updates—which for most people is the safest option—will automatically fetch the upgrade and start its installer. The installer will still require human intervention to actually complete—you won't wake up to find your PC with a different operating system—but Windows users will no longer need to actively seek the upgrade."

popeye, Oct 31, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Means nothing to me and it's not going to effect me one bit. What do you think??

BunnyJ, Oct 31, 2015
  5. popeye Win User
    Well. guess I will stop posting here completely since the first response is snarky from a Gold Member. Used to like these forums since the 7 days. Time to leave it seems.

popeye, Oct 31, 2015
  6. zooburner Win User
    Hi Popeye there is already a very similar thread to this.

Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 - Windows 10 Forums

zooburner, Oct 31, 2015
  7. popeye Win User
    Thanks zooburner, thing is 10 is not for me. Don't like all the background stuff going on and I have a capped satellite connection. I know can supposedly turn a lot off. Just don't like the default being turned on. MS has lost my trust is the bottom line. They've gone way too commercial with ads, cloud, paid for apps, and other things. Again, I'm old and the dying customer, will not be forced to 10 though. Will switch OS before that.

And sad the comment from a long time Gold Member. I don't feel welcome here just because I'm not loving 10. Oh well. *Sad

popeye, Oct 31, 2015
  8. BillyBob Win User

I think he means it doesn't bother him, it doesn't bother me either. I've never checked updates since Windows 3.1, I just install them anyway, so automatic is fine by me. If it's not fine by you, turn off as much as you can or go back to 7 or 8. The world never stops changing, nor does software.

BillyBob, Oct 31, 2015
  9. popeye Win User
    It was a snarky reply by "Gold Member". I'm done, you all have a good night and rest of weekend. *Smile

popeye, Oct 31, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    popeye, this will tell you how to get rid of the GWX icon and stop the downloads. Get Windows 10 Icon - Remove from Taskbar in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums. Besides, it won't upgrade you if you don't want it. The upgrade process requires some actions from you, if you want it. Then just set your updates so you see them before they are installed and hide KB3035583.

There are a lot of people here who do not like Windows 10. That's no big deal. I honestly didn't think the comment was snarky. I really don't think Microsoft is doing as bad as many think they are. I think they have just done a poor job explaining what they are doing, or not explained it at all in some cases.

essenbe, Oct 31, 2015
  11. fredc Win User
    I'm never welcome anywhere but i trudge on , got to take the attitude of " who cares what you think" to survive in this day and age .

fredc, Oct 31, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    @popeye and @essenbe I found this on the web. A fluke where the letter "Y" is missing(or maybe not a fluke???) "your" becomes "our" hmmmmm???

Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 31, 2015
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

Sorry to hear Popeye. . .hope you find what it is your looking for. . .Mr Bunny (Jeff) probably did not mean any bad or mean toward you. . .*Smile

14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Just another *Roflmao2thread. . .come on folks really does it really matter that much?

15. I run and like Windows 10. It's not going to effect me directly. All my PC's are already running 10. I still don't like it. Not one bit. Or byte, or bytes. Some will do it by accident. That's when it becomes a problem for me, and them. If they don't like it. I think they are going to far with this. Free offer is fine, but pushing it out like this is a bad move. The update should be labeled "Get Windows 10" or GWX so you know what it is and can just hide it. Not disguised as KB12345, and then changing the number when people figure it out. Very dissolutiond with Microsoft these days.

alphanumeric, Oct 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 - Similar Threads - Microsoft force users

2. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  3. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  4. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users: Microsoft has begun informing users that Windows 10 version 1903 is reaching the end of support next month and those still running the unsupported operating system will be force upgraded without their permission. Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 version...
  6. SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE

SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE: I HATE WINDOWS! THANKS FOR THE SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE WHEN ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO MUSIC!!! YOUR LONG ANNOYING **** UPDATE IS NOT NEEDED. GO **** YOURSLEF. I WILL NEVER BUY WINDOWS AGAIN. **** YOU. MUSIC IS ALL I NEEDED NOT YOUR...
  7. HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10: Can any one please tell me HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10? Not even restarting the computer the signed In user will not go away. Any Idea Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 automatic update changed user

Windows 10 automatic update changed user: Hi, it seems Windows 10 updated automatically. It changed language into Finnish (I could change this into English - but why should the update do and change the language by itself???) user into "Installation" instead of the user's name "FESTO" as it was (even this in...
  9. How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?

How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?: The question is in the title. My computer wants to restart itself several times a week at totally random occasions and in the middle of presentations and movies etc. Totally annoying. Why do we need updates every day? The downloads also slow the computer down. I know it is...
  10. Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates: Hello Interesting read here: Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates - Forbes after many upgraders had problems: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...date-problems/ I had to upgrade through windows creation tool as i am still getting messages that my...