Windows 10: Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

Discus and support Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi Popeye: I think BunnyJ (Jeff) meant that since he's running Windows 10 already, that it's a non-issue for him. I get that it bugs you, because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

Hi Popeye:

I think BunnyJ (Jeff) meant that since he's running Windows 10 already, that it's a non-issue for him. I get that it bugs you, because you're examining the principle being compromised here. Your concern is that Microsoft is further finding sneaky ways to slip Windows 10 on to your system (which they are, because they want to deal with a single platform).

You likely feel that whether or not you like Windows 10, a move like this should bother all users because it demonstrates Microsoft as going down a slippery slope with regards to it license conditions. Am I correct?

To me, not caring about this issue because it doesn't affect you, is like not worrying about the poor because their plight doesn't affect you either. One day, one of Microsoft's possibly questionable policies may affect you, and you'll think quite differently then.

Jody Thornton, Oct 31, 2015
  2. brummyfan Win User

I do feel the same, not many interested in solving problems but I feel lot of bullying going around and I am really sad to see it happening to a nice forum.

brummyfan, Oct 31, 2015
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    I just was wondering what you thought about the article.. that's all. You don't have to get upset over a question.

BunnyJ, Oct 31, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

I just asked a simple question. That's it. I was really wondering what the OP thought about the article since he didn't say anything about it in the first post. On first glance I didn't see how it might impact me but I'll give it a second read today.

Sorry if you feel that I'm bullying the OP but I just asked a question.

BunnyJ, Oct 31, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Afraid I have to agree, lately.....and it is sad.

OldMike65, Oct 31, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Huh?? I just asked a question. How the heck is that bullying anyone??

BunnyJ, Oct 31, 2015
  7. It's happening on both sides of the camp, Haters and Greaters. Same thing happened in the 8 forum early on. Some are just more opinionated than others and will not let it go. Get one from each camp and things get ridiculous. I just unsubscribe from the thread when that happens. Also keep in mind that a single line of text can often be read and interpreted different ways by different people. What you think somebody meant may not be what they were trying to convey. The mood your in when you read it factors in too. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

alphanumeric, Oct 31, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

*DittoI always keep that in mind.

Cliff S, Oct 31, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    IMO I think MS got a little pushy with "Get Windows 10"/GWX via updates on my 8.1 that I had to ward off. I feel their approach was wrong. It's not that I didn't mind the "ad" to promote a free OS upgrade. When I push the button it should give choices "Yes, I want to upgrade" or "No, not at this time", then simply go away. Even a choice with the latter of "Come back to remind me in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or a week before free trial expires. Just don't keep nagging. Reminds me of a bad spouse. *sarc

OTOH, if it's MS's "#1 customer support request" then I don't see a problem of attempting to make it clearer as to where to get it. Any company would.

Also, I see by Myerson's blog that the author linked there's a choice to turn it off in 7 & 8/8.1. As long as there's a choice I see no problem.

Source: Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 | Windows Experience Blog

But as I stated, there should be a choice right off the bat.

Tony K, Oct 31, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Well I for one, do not hate anyone, I also love my windows 10 Pro, even with a few things that I don't like about Windows Pro, over all I am liking it more each day. Don't care for some of our features, but ya can't have everything. Can't comment on "graters" cause I have no idea what the heck that means?? On my other comment, I wasn't talking about the "one liner" I was talking in general terms.

OldMike65, Oct 31, 2015
  11. I try to give the benefit of the doubt. Nobodies perfect and I've had my I wish I hadn't said that moments. Some times its painfully obvious that your being insulted. Especially when what they just told you to do is physically impossible to do. *Eek

12. BunnyJ New Member
    I was just wondering what the OP thought about the article. And it doesn't effect me.. he asked for an opinion and he got one. Don't go kicking the bunny because you don't like the answer to a question you asked.

BunnyJ, Oct 31, 2015
  13. Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

Typo, it was supposed to be Greaters . As in those that think its great.

14. OldMike65 Win User
    hahaha....ok NOW I get it.....well Windows 10 is not great yet....THAT is going to take some time!!!

OldMike65, Oct 31, 2015
  15. That comment wasn't directed at any body in particular, just people in general. Just so you know.

Thema:

1. Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 - Similar Threads - Microsoft force users

2. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  3. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  4. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users: Microsoft has begun informing users that Windows 10 version 1903 is reaching the end of support next month and those still running the unsupported operating system will be force upgraded without their permission. Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 version...
  6. SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE

SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE: I HATE WINDOWS! THANKS FOR THE SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE WHEN ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO MUSIC!!! YOUR LONG ANNOYING **** UPDATE IS NOT NEEDED. GO **** YOURSLEF. I WILL NEVER BUY WINDOWS AGAIN. **** YOU. MUSIC IS ALL I NEEDED NOT YOUR...
  7. HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10: Can any one please tell me HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10? Not even restarting the computer the signed In user will not go away. Any Idea Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 automatic update changed user

Windows 10 automatic update changed user: Hi, it seems Windows 10 updated automatically. It changed language into Finnish (I could change this into English - but why should the update do and change the language by itself???) user into "Installation" instead of the user's name "FESTO" as it was (even this in...
  9. How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?

How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?: The question is in the title. My computer wants to restart itself several times a week at totally random occasions and in the middle of presentations and movies etc. Totally annoying. Why do we need updates every day? The downloads also slow the computer down. I know it is...
  10. Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates: Hello Interesting read here: Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates - Forbes after many upgraders had problems: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...date-problems/ I had to upgrade through windows creation tool as i am still getting messages that my...