Windows 10: Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

Discus and support Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; That comment wasn't directed at any body in particular, just people in general. Just so you know. I was just making a general comment as well. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Oct 29, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201

I was just making a general comment as well.

BunnyJ, Oct 31, 2015

2. OK, just wanted to be sure you didn't think I was talking about you in particular.

alphanumeric, Oct 31, 2015
  3. zooburner Win User
    With this one it's the slippery slope that worries me, when Microsoft was first caught sneakily downloading Windows 10 to users it claimed it was 'The Industry standard' then backed out of that statement when asked for other examples, in a year or two it may very well be the industry standard and then the principle of downloading any upgrades, updates they see fit is established as normal even a whole new O.S. except you may not have a choice.

We have already seen solitaire becoming a payware* App, Windows 10 being very intrusive, being very cagey about exactly what they are installing on your system, and downloading things like Office demo's in the background (for our convenience of course) my guess being this is the tip of the iceberg I really wish they wouldn't do things like this 'for my convenience' I have absolutely no interest in Office especially as local governments here are moving to open source software and Libreoffice is free.

I just wonder what 'for our convenience' will look like in a few years ?

*made up word for apps that ask for payment for extra features that are included in an operating system.

Edit: for terrible grammar to even terribler grammar

zooburner, Oct 31, 2015
  4. zooburner Win User

Hi Popeye

Sometimes people really don't have a problem, they may love Windows 10 and also love the way it is delivered, I think you have to have a bit of a thick skin on forums, you are after all dealing with and opening yourself up to a diversity of opinions some of the time they will almost certainly be the opposite of yours (or mine).

To deal with forums properly you have to a point ignore others views, unless of course you think they have a point i found rarely is it a personal attack.

Peace.. zoo

zooburner, Oct 31, 2015
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    I agree with you all the way..

I am curious, the article said you could turn off notifications for Windows 10 on Windows 7 and 8, but didn't really say how. OR do they mean you can just turn turn off updates, which really isn't the same thing. I also don't understand, you get the notices on Windows 7 and 8.1, but not on Windows 8.0 itself. How did 8 get a reprieve?

What I really wish is that Windows 10, would just go away. I am not fan at all, 8 grew on me, but 10 has no chance of creeping onto my PC.

Trust_No1, Oct 31, 2015
  6. satchmo Win User
    Microsoft is behaving more and more like Apple, where a completely closed system has always been the culture.

Steve Jobs thought all users are idiots and untrustworthy to make their own decisions when it comes to hardware or software.

That's always been the draw to DOS and Linux, where the users retain the control of their own systems.

satchmo, Oct 31, 2015
  7. Windows 8.0 is not included in the online free offer. You have to upgrade to 8.1 first. As far as upgrading online goes via Windows update. If you boot from an ISO you can likely upgrade to 10 from 8.0, like you can from Windows 7 that doesn't have SP1. But 8.0 doesn't get the GWX app via Windows update. That's my understanding anyway.

8. fredc Win User

If people weren't bothered by it then i suppose it wouldn't matter but many are bothered by it in a big way and for very good reason.

Now if MS was respectful of peoples wishes (they are not), and accepted the fact that not everyone likes their new OS we wouldn't have this issue , they would realize that many like their Win 10 and many don't , thats life , thats the way life is .

Either their stupid or they just don't give a damn about peoples wishes and will do their own thing and force feed Win 10 to everybody regardless of if they want Win 10 or not , the latter is more likely or it could be a mix of both.

Lets say you want to check out a new car at a dealership and you decided against a model because it wasn't what you really expected after testing it , how would you feel if the salesman called you every week for the next year saying buy it , buy it , buy it .

Would you say "yeah", i guess i have to buy it because they won't leave me alone or tell the salesman "i said no" what do you not understand about the word "no" .

Maybe that will answer the question as to if it matters that much .

fredc, Oct 31, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Personally I think they should just put a link in Windows Update, one can hide until they decide to click it, to the Media Creation Tool, and offer two choices, 1. Experienced User- who'll get the .iso, and 2. Inexperienced User- who'll get it loaded on the system to Downloads with a desktop icon to double click(like any other software install). This way users with data caps won't have anything eating their bandwidth in the background, and they will be able to download when they are sure they have enough left.

Cliff S, Oct 31, 2015
  10. zooburner Win User
    To you Lee clearly not, but to me and a few others then it's obvious it does, It's not Windows 10 most are against but the way Microsoft is and has already intruded on their systems to promote something they do not want. Microsoft could easily and simply put a stop to this by releasing a update that replaced the pop up with an option to either

1) Update to Windows 10
    2) Remind me in XXXXX (user fills a choice in)
    3) I do not want windows 10, now or ever please stop nagging me, and delete all GWX files and updates on my computer, and set it to never ask me again or ever download any future GWX updates no matter what my update settings are.

Users should be able to to leave automatic updates on with confidence that Microsoft wont download multi gigabytes of a O.S. they do not want... simple.

zooburner, Oct 31, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    That idea Cliff just makes too much sense, and I think it a darn good way!! So that means MS would never do that. *chuckle

OldMike65, Oct 31, 2015
  12. *Thumbs *Roflmao2

Cluster Head, Oct 31, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Mike they have done it before. On Win7 I believe, if I'm not mistaken, for Bing Desktop, Bing Bar, and Skype Desktop.

Cliff S, Oct 31, 2015
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    That was years ago thou......this is now.....times have changed. Love your idea thou.....

OldMike65, Oct 31, 2015
  15. I repeatedly hid the Bing update in Windows 7 and it was always unhidden again the next time I manually ran Windows update. *Mad *Devil

Thema:

1. Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 - Similar Threads - Microsoft force users

2. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  3. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  4. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users: Microsoft has begun informing users that Windows 10 version 1903 is reaching the end of support next month and those still running the unsupported operating system will be force upgraded without their permission. Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 version...
  6. SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE

SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE: I HATE WINDOWS! THANKS FOR THE SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE WHEN ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO MUSIC!!! YOUR LONG ANNOYING **** UPDATE IS NOT NEEDED. GO **** YOURSLEF. I WILL NEVER BUY WINDOWS AGAIN. **** YOU. MUSIC IS ALL I NEEDED NOT YOUR...
  7. HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10: Can any one please tell me HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10? Not even restarting the computer the signed In user will not go away. Any Idea Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 automatic update changed user

Windows 10 automatic update changed user: Hi, it seems Windows 10 updated automatically. It changed language into Finnish (I could change this into English - but why should the update do and change the language by itself???) user into "Installation" instead of the user's name "FESTO" as it was (even this in...
  9. How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?

How to stop the forceful automatic updates of Windows 10?: The question is in the title. My computer wants to restart itself several times a week at totally random occasions and in the middle of presentations and movies etc. Totally annoying. Why do we need updates every day? The downloads also slow the computer down. I know it is...
  10. Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates: Hello Interesting read here: Microsoft Backtracks On Windows 10 Forced Updates - Forbes after many upgraders had problems: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...date-problems/ I had to upgrade through windows creation tool as i am still getting messages that my...