Windows 10: Microsoft to make multiple graphics cards easier w/ DirectX 12 update

Discus and support Microsoft to make multiple graphics cards easier w/ DirectX 12 update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the most exciting aspects of DirectX 12 is that it allows users to pool together different video cards, with different models and performance,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft to make multiple graphics cards easier w/ DirectX 12 update

Read more: Microsoft to make using multiple graphics cards easier with DirectX 12 update

:)

Brink, Jul 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 laptop pops up message that you need to update Directx 12 when playing Playstation2 games

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The update to DirectX 12 clearly depends on the graphics card. If DirectX 12 is available for your graphics card, it will automatically download it through Windows updates.

I request you to install all the updates and check the Windows updates for DirectX 12.

You may refer the following link for further information:

Directx 12

Directx 12

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 4, 2016
  3. Cannot Download Messenger App. DirectX Bug.

as far as my all night research got me me it appears that this is a graphics card problem. if your graphics card doesn't support directx 11 or 12 rather its installed or not it wont work, and just report it as not being installed. fortunately for me im on
    a desk top and can upgrade the graphics to a new one that does support directx 11 and 12. so if you can put a newer graphics card in your computer then do that it should fix the problem.

if your on a laptop your just stuck unless you buy a new one

Microsoft of course never made an standalone install file for the directx 11 or 12 driver the only way to get it is through windows update go figure right.

rickybennett86, Jul 4, 2016
  4. Microsoft to make multiple graphics cards easier w/ DirectX 12 update

LOL, this is funny. Perhaps Microsoft finally figured out how difficult MGPU support is in Direct X 12 from their own Microsoft Studios, since after many promises GOW UE still doesn't have proper MGPU support more than 4 months after release. Do Microsoft and game developers (the console crowd) really care? Doesn't seem so from the total Direct X 12 MGPU failure over the last year. Nvidia/AMD pay the price for this. Here is my message (and many of the other PC gamers I know) to Microsoft's Direct X 12 team when it comes to MGPU gaming:

BB King HQ sound ) - YouTube

"The thrill is gone, baby, the thrill has gone for good." Awaiting my 1080 and there will never be two of them in my PC.

RIP Gary Moore and for me RIP Direct X 12 MGPU gaming.

specialkone, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Molyy Win User
    This will be interesting to see it dev add it in. Also I wonder how this play out on the new xbox .

Molyy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft to make multiple graphics cards easier w/ DirectX 12 update

1. Microsoft to make multiple graphics cards easier w/ DirectX 12 update - Similar Threads - Microsoft multiple graphics

2. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  3. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  4. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12: I Have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 and the issue is that I am unable to play call of duty warzone due to Directx 12 giving me this message, " Your Operating system is not supported. This can cause the game to run slowly and it may stop completely. Would you like more...
  5. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 12: I have Win10 with DirectX 10. I have the latest update, and it still has DirectX 10. How do I update to DirectX 12? Regards, Larry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12/2696914f-ff2b-4bbe-a0d0-373a06316325
  6. What happens to graphics cards that doesnt support directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to graphics cards that doesnt support directx 12: What happens with graphics cards that does not support directx 12 technology,are they going to get some improvements or not? Please answer on English (if you know what I mean) *Biggrin Thanks 17738
  7. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi i am new to this forum i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1 is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do something to get the new directx 12 or i have to wait for an official uptade? thanks 10544
  8. Need a Video Card that supports DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need a Video Card that supports DirectX 12: I am running Win10 Insider Preview! There is Pre Release 3D program. When it starts it checks to see if you computer can run the 3D program! Mine passes all the requirements except DirectX 12. I tried searching all video cards but none mentions if it supports DirectX...
  9. Graphics Card DirectX Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card DirectX Issue: I have been trying to play Civilization 5 (an older game, I know, but it works fine on my Windows 10 laptop) and it keeps crashing on my Windows 10 desktop. Noticing that it runs in DirectX 9 mode fine and only crashes in DirectX 10/11 mode, I decided to look at my system's...
  10. Microsoft: DirectX 12 will increase your graphics performance by...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: DirectX 12 will increase your graphics performance by...: Microsoft: DirectX 12 will increase your graphics performance by an additional 20 percent Microsoft has said previously that its upcoming DirectX 12 API will make your PC more efficient. Now we know by how much: just by using DirectX, executives said, you'll see an...