Windows 10: Microsoft to Make the Windows 9 Start Menu Highly Customizable

Discus and support Microsoft to Make the Windows 9 Start Menu Highly Customizable in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Windows Start menu remains an important subject for the Redmond-based tech giant, with many users calling for the company to bring it back in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 30, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft to Make the Windows 9 Start Menu Highly Customizable

More

:)

labeeman, Jun 30, 2014

2. Latest Window 10 upgrades

I request microsoft to make the taskbar in windows 10 fully customizable like we can make the whole start screen transparent in windows 10 mobile

NamanVarshney, Jun 30, 2014
  3. JinRyuu Win User
    Creating custom tiles for desktop apps, folders and files

"Windows 10 finally gives us back the Start Menu, and it’s much more customizable than it ever has been before."

If you are using Windows 10 and you want to customize the Start Menu, I found a very helpful website for you. Instructions are easy to follow.

Please visit:

8 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

10 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

On the website you will learn how to:

1. Organize, Edit, Delete, or Add New Items to the All Apps View

2. Resize the Start Menu

3. Pin and Unpin Tiles

4. Resize Live Tiles

5. Turn Off Live Tile Updates

6. Change the Start Menu (and Taskbar) Color

7. Pin Items from the Left Side of the Start Menu

8. Adding Control Panel and Special Items to the Left Side of the Start Menu

9. Remove All Live Tiles and Make It Look Like Windows 7

Hope this helps

JinRyuu, Jun 30, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

I for one would like to see the reintroduction of the Start Menu, but hopefully MS will give users the choice to disable it if they don't. If W9 allows users more options to customize it to their liking, I think it would go a long way toward making it one of their best selling OS's ever.

LittleJay, Jul 1, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    As both an OS 10 and a Win 8.1 user (at present neither has a Start Menu, thus personally see no reason for the "Start Menu."

6. I don't like the Start Menu; wait a minute I do like the Start Menu. What's this; Microsoft is going to give me a choice; for sure I like that idea.

Layback Bear, Jul 2, 2014
  7. Since most people are right handed I never understood why it was on the bottom left corner other than the developers couldn't figure out how to open the window otherwise. *Wink A lot of wasted motion to move the mouse to the the lh corner to click, then move up and right. If the button is on the bottom right it's just click and move up a bit.

There was a freebie for XP that automatically categorized the start menu shortcuts and put the button on the right. The only Vista+ analogs seem to be payware. *Sad

MilesAhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft to Make the Windows 9 Start Menu Highly Customizable - Similar Threads - Microsoft Start Menu

2. Microsoft is making more unwanted changes to the Windows 11 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is making more unwanted changes to the Windows 11 Start Menu: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 is available in the Dev Channel. While it brought some welcome features, Microsoft is also experimenting with the Start Menu, yet again. [ATTACH] More annoying changes to Windows 11 Start Menu Start Menu Recommendations You may be...
  3. HP reveals redesigned and highly customizable OMEN gaming desktops

in Windows 10 News
    HP reveals redesigned and highly customizable OMEN gaming desktops: [ATTACH] As people stay at home due to lockdowns across the country, they’re turning to games more than ever to relieve stress and connect with others. Now they’ve got more hardware options to choose from with HP’s latest additions to...
  4. Windows 10 clipboard manager, make paste key customizable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 clipboard manager, make paste key customizable.: In all known clipboard managers, specifying the key combination to paste from the history is fundamental to the application usage. Forcing Win-V is restrictive as many users as used to the traditional ctrl-shift-v. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to make screenshot of the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make screenshot of the start menu?: I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure: Open "SnippingTool" Set a delay, say, 5 seconds Click "New" Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot. However, after the...
  6. Windows 9 Start Menu Concept

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 Start Menu Concept: So from what it sounds like, Windows 9 is going to mark the return of the Start menu. So tonight, I've been trying to imagine what a Start menu in Windows 9 might perhaps look like. Here's the concept I came up with: [img] What do you guys think? 1520
  7. Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme: In the latest leaks, we can see that the new Start menu will match the backgrounds of the wallpaper that you are using. As you can see in the image at the top of this post, the Start menu changes color according to the background that you choose. Read more... 1842
  8. Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video: Microsoft may have demonstrated its new Start menu earlier this year, but thanks to a recent "Windows 9" leak we’re now seeing every single part of the company’s plans for bringing back this popular feature. German site WinFuture has posted a two-minute video that...
  9. Should Microsoft Bring Back the Start Menu in Windows 9? Many Say No

in Windows 10 News
    Should Microsoft Bring Back the Start Menu in Windows 9? Many Say No: Microsoft is very likely to bring back the Start Menu in the next full Windows version, most likely to be called Windows 9, but it turns out that users actually don’t want such a feature in the operating system. As we told you about a few weeks ago, it’s a bit surprising...
  10. Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...: Microsoft is set to unveil the preview version of Windows 9 later this month, and everyone expects to be allowed to try out some new features, including the Start menu and a desktop flavor of Cortana. According to new reports coming from Russian sources, Microsoft...