Windows 10: Microsoft Train Simulator

Discus and support Microsoft Train Simulator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My husband loves Microsoft Train Simulator. I have tried everything I can to get it to run on Windows 10. I'm at a loss. Is there anyone out there that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bgraae, Aug 23, 2015.

1. bgraae Win User

Microsoft Train Simulator

My husband loves Microsoft Train Simulator. I have tried everything I can to get it to run on Windows 10. I'm at a loss. Is there anyone out there that in involved with MTS that has got it running? If you try to reinstall will it drop the vast number of files that people who run this program have accumulated?

:)

bgraae, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Jackison Win User

Microsoft Train Simulator vs. Flight Simulator X powered by Steam

Does anyone know why Microsoft is supporting Flight Simulator X with Steam but not Microsoft Train Simulator? These two simulators are about 4 years apart so I don't know if they are going to or have supported Microsoft Train Simulator
    already. I just downloaded my childhood favorite train simulator on my latest and updated laptop and MSTS doesn't work. I download FSX and it works fine and discovered it is supported by Microsoft and Steam. I have tried to update MSTS from other sites (like
    Trainsim) and unable to find direct support from Microsoft so far for MSTS. Does anyone have ideas?

Jackison, Aug 23, 2015
  3. nuttym Win User
    Train simulator problem since recent Windows 10 update

Nothing to do with Microsoft Train Simulator you daft twit! The person is talking about DOVETAIL GAMES Train Simulator! No wonder we have computer technical problems if we have idiots working for microsoft, says it all really!

nuttym, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Microsoft Train Simulator

Look at this, I hope it helps :
    Windows 10 compatibility for Microsoft Train Simulator version 1

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 23, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    Hi, I've never used or played MTS. I did however just do a quick search on google and discovered that some folks have had success with this simulator. I've provided a link at the bottom of this post that will take you to UKTrainSim forum. They have a thread started earlier asking for people to post their experiences of running MTS on Windows 10.

Just to add something else. Your husband needs to check, double-check and triple-check that all the correct drivers have been installed for Win10. That is chipset, audio and graphics plus all other drivers.

UKTrainSim - Is MSTS working for you under Windows 10

ps you may want to post your query within that thread.

WhyMe, Aug 23, 2015
  6. bgraae Win User
    bgraae, Aug 23, 2015
  7. bgraae Win User
    The new British versions are compatible. I wonder why Microsoft can't update a program that probably millions around the world use and enjoy?

bgraae, Aug 23, 2015
  8. Microsoft Train Simulator

BugMeister, Aug 23, 2015
  9. bgraae Win User
    My husband has given up on Microsoft. He has OpenRails and has been able to run MSTS through it. He can capture all the routes. I have watched him on OpenRails a little and their graphics are indeed much better. Thanks for all the input.

bgraae, Sep 8, 2015
  10. Hello bgraae. I'm just like your husband in that I love MSTS too. Here's what I did to get it to work on my Windows 10. Firstly I installed MSTS from the disks. The only thing different was when the installation asked to update Adobe File Reader I said No (the installation stalled at this point the first time around). I made no attempt to run MSTS as I knew it wouldn't work. I just wanted the MSTS files on my computer so that MSTS Routes that I wanted to install could find the files to copy it needed. I then installed Open Rails. This is a free modern program freely available, put together by enthusiasts that is capable of running MSTS routes. The beauty of this is that you bypass an old program and use a modern program to run the routes. Before Open Rail ran the routes correctly, I found I needed to install (1) MSTS Version 1.4 Web-Based Updates and (2) Xtracks-Expanded Track Section Sections for MSTS. Both these files are available from the Australian site 'steam4me'. I ran all the Australian routes to my satisfaction and the US route Marias Pass too. This MUST work for you. If it did for me I can't see why you wouldn't be similarly successful. Good luck.

John Vromans, Sep 21, 2016
  11. Hello!
    I'm an MSTS addict and after several hours of research following the last major Win 10 update, here's what worked for me Big-Time in order for my favorite simulator to perform as before. Please right-click on This PC, then click on Properties. Next click on Device Manager, then Display adapters. Your graphics card should be identified next. Right-click on same. Click on update software at top of menu. Let Windows search for and install all the necessary files that somehow Nvidia missed. I have the Nvidia Geforce Experience software which takes care of updates every time a new driver comes out but I noticed that my card was not functioning optimally. My intuition inspired me to let Windows solve the problem! I'm hoping that solution will work for many other users as well! I haven't used the sim itself for quite a while, having graduated to Open Rails a long, long time ago. However, it is important for me to have MSTS properly installed because I'm an avid route-builder and make heavy use of the Editor! Cheers!

BLACKRAEVEN7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Train Simulator

1. Microsoft Train Simulator - Similar Threads - Microsoft Train Simulator

2. MSTS- Microsoft Train Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSTS- Microsoft Train Simulator: Nvidia Geforce 940MX videókártyávan miért fut el az msts és a ADM videókártyákkal nem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msts-microsoft-train-simulator/a46b2567-bfca-47ee-bbfd-396c8d795d7f
  3. MSTS- Microsoft Train Simulator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSTS- Microsoft Train Simulator: Nvidia Geforce 940MX videókártyávan miért fut el az msts és a ADM videókártyákkal nem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msts-microsoft-train-simulator/a46b2567-bfca-47ee-bbfd-396c8d795d7f
  4. MSTS- Microsoft Train Simulator

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Flight Simulator training

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator training: Just installed FS. General Aviation Training button is grayed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-training/5b12240b-3372-4d95-900b-5a4ee6751bc2
  6. MSTS [Microsoft Train Simulator]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSTS [Microsoft Train Simulator]: Hey everyone! I have a few questions that I hope somebody might have the answers to: How do I download Microsoft Train Simulator the right way? How can I make it so that it can run on a Windows 10 PC? I have always enjoyed watching gameplay of this program on YouTube,...
  7. Microsoft Train Simulator 2001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Train Simulator 2001: Hello, I have problem with this game wich I played many yeras ago on the same PC. When I try to start Microsoft Train Simulator launcher.exe/train.exe only become black screen & after few seconds it will crash with issue "Did this program worked correctly?" I have tried a...
  8. MS Train Simulator "needs to run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Train Simulator "needs to run as administrator": Loaded msts but need to run as administator i tried all the things i seen but failed its gor a boy with autism plz help * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Msts need help...
  9. is it possible to install microsoft train simulator on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to install microsoft train simulator on windows 10?: i have the discs of MSTS but i cant install them the routes wont install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-install-microsoft-train/9b06eb4b-1711-415d-a991-1322178d7ef4
  10. Train Simulator Content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Train Simulator Content: Microsoft Train Simulator (MSTS) has been off the market for nearly a decade (since the Activision release disappeared) and closing in on two since MS itself stopped selling it, but it's still the basis for an active enthusiast community. It was the first and still, as a...