Windows 10: Microsoft update screen locked

Discus and support Microsoft update screen locked in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Clicked to update Microsoft. Have gotten to a page 'do more with your voice' the screen has a blue background. Cursor on laptop has disappeared, have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Janeb1, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Janeb1 Win User

Microsoft update screen locked

Clicked to update Microsoft. Have gotten to a page 'do more with your voice' the screen has a blue background. Cursor on laptop has disappeared, have attached a mouse, but cannot move on. Have removed battery, tried control, alt, delete, then task manager, but takes me back to 'do more with your voice' page, has been like this for over 12 hours, help please, based in UK

:)

Janeb1, Aug 3, 2018

2. Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Microsoft update screen locked

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft update screen locked

1. Microsoft update screen locked - Similar Threads - Microsoft update screen

2. Lock screen background update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen background update: Running win 10 home 22h2, updated thru the aug 23 patches.Until the latest win 10 patch updates, the lock screen background image, normally set for windows spotlight, and those images clearly were downloaded and changed every few days. The alternatives for local picture and...
  3. Lock screen background update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background update: Running win 10 home 22h2, updated thru the aug 23 patches.Until the latest win 10 patch updates, the lock screen background image, normally set for windows spotlight, and those images clearly were downloaded and changed every few days. The alternatives for local picture and...
  4. Lock screen background update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked out of Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of Microsoft updates: Hi AllWhy can I not start Microsoft updates and why does it revert back to disabled ? and the computer is telling me I am not got administrator rights.I have asked this question and read loads of articles and almost drawn a blank.However one articles suggested looking at what...
  6. microsoft lock screen

microsoft lock screen: The lock screen is shows the wrong name - the computer info is correct- how do I correct this? i need the lock screen to match the computer info, the Microsoft Bing matches the lock screen, but when I sign the person out it signs out of everything....
  7. Microsoft Update - locked internet

Microsoft Update - locked internet: After a Microsoft update yesterday the internet now has a padlock on it. I have restarted the computer several times including the router and finally was able to use the internet password but this not joy. I have tried mobile hotspot and it has been locked on the computer...
  8. Microsoft edge no longer in lock screen

Microsoft edge no longer in lock screen: I lost my Microsoft edge in my lock screen. upper left corner. Can someone please help me get edge back into the upper left corner of my startup lock screen. It will come on if I hit the windows key and the letter L. However on startup there is nothing there. This causes...
  9. Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound: Hi, When the screen is locked for bedtime windows10, microsoft family, screentime programs are still running and the sound is on, just the screen is locked. Is it possible to lock also the sound?...
  10. Updates while on lock screen ?

Updates while on lock screen ?: Hi All Does anyone know if Windows 10 Updates happen if a PC is just switched on and left on the lock screen ? If I switch on a colleagues laptop but do not login will it still download/install updates ? Thanks...