Windows 10: Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?

Discus and support Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 9-21-2015 Today I received and installed an update from Microsoft labeled Adobe Flash Player Security Update for Internet Explorer. I don't have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AllenChicago, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?

9-21-2015

Today I received and installed an update from Microsoft labeled Adobe Flash Player Security Update for Internet Explorer.

I don't have the Adobe Flash Player Active-X plug-in installed. In fact, Windows10 won't let me install it. So... why did Microsoft deliver a Flash Player update to my P.C. for Internet Explorer today? If I look at Update History, it doesn't show this Flash update....or anything else, which is strange in and of itself.

Windows10 is purported to be an advance over Windows7. Anyone know how?

Allen

:)

AllenChicago, Sep 21, 2015

2. Error 8007001f upgrading to 1607

I'm not happy about two (2) things:

• Win10 Anniversary Update (Win10 1607) is not being offered to your computer.
    • Flash Player hasn't been updated (in Win8 or Win10) since late December of 2015 (i.e., when KB3132372 was released, which is where/how you got v20.0.0.267). If all were well with your install of Win10 1511, you'd have Flash Player v23.0.0.162 (or higher)
      installed.

The latter concerns me most: Flash Player v20.0.0.267 is subject to scores - if not
    thousands - of security vulnerabilities. Do NOT access any Flash content using Edge or Internet Explorer. [If Flash v23.0.0.162 is installed in Firefox and/or Chrome, OK.]

Flash Player (for Edge & IE11) is kept up-to-date via Windows Update. If Windows Update isn't working properly, Windows 10 isn't working properly either!

OPTION A: Format the HDD & then do a clean install of Win10.

OPTION B: Format the HDD & do a clean install of Win8(.1). Once you've gotten Win8.1 fully-patched at Windows Update (including Flash Player), you can upgrade to Win10 again.

OPTION C: You may obtain futher, Microsoft-sponsored (but not necessarily free) support via the Answer Desk =>
    http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com

OPTION D: Take the computer to a local, reputable, and independent repair shop (i.e., not a "BigBox" store or the Geek Squad!) and let them deal with it. [Expect to pay $75-$100 USD just to have them look at it.]

Good luck. That's all I got! Over & out...

====================================================

DISCLAIMER: Posted AS IS with no guarantees. MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 unable to update Windows Defender Definitions

Microsoft Security Essentials was installed when you were running Windows 7, is that correct? [Previously you told me that you were relying on "Defender" to protect the Win7 computer.]

You cannot update Flash Player (for IE11 & Edge) manually in Win10. Flash Player updates are installed via Windows Update. So let me ask you again: How did you update Flash Player for Internet Explorer & Edge to version 24.0.0.186 - especially since you
    "turned off auto updates?"

Speaking of which, how long has "auto updates" been turned off?

Did you know that Defender will not auto-update its Definitions when "auto updates" (i.e., Windows Update) is turned off? [The same was NOT true for Microsoft Security Essentials.]

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Phone Man Win User

Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?

Starting with IE11 in Windows 8, Flash is included within the browser by MS and is not a separate install like in FF and other browsers.
    If you go to IE11 Add-Ons it will show it there and can be disabled if you wish.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Sep 21, 2015
  5. Thank-you Jim. Now I see that the Flash Plug-in is in the Internet Explorer Add-Ons. It's just not listed under the "Adobe" section any longer. Instead it's a "Microsoft Windows Third Party Application Component". I assume it's the same Flash component/plug-in that EDGE is using too. Thanks again for that information and clarification sir.
    -Allen

AllenChicago, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?

1. Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updated Flash

2. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: Managed to make a fresh install of win11 and got so far to get it activated, but my biggest problem is still that im locked out of my files in the old c:/ which had some keys and passwords.Any suggestions on how to retrieve them since its system protected......
  3. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: So last night windows decided to update wihtout asking and woke up to srttrail.txt error and an infinite repair loop, i couldnt access safemode by any means.Pretty much tried everything and had to do a fresh install of win11 after it.Now im having a problem that the windows...
  4. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: So last night windows decided to update wihtout asking and woke up to srttrail.txt error and an infinite repair loop, i couldnt access safemode by any means.Pretty much tried everything and had to do a fresh install of win11 after it.Now im having a problem that the windows...
  5. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back?: Today I allowed a Windows update to run & restart my Lenovo laptop. At restart my bluetooth quit working. Troubleshooting stated Bluetooth wasn’t available. I was using BT speakers daily before the update. I decided to Shut Down then restart. Now the start up process doesn’t...
  7. Win10 Update Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Update Broke My Computer: Hello! I am writing this after days of failed fix attempts. If you do not have enough time, skip to the important part (after this paragraph). It started a few days ago, after I updated my computer, I never realized it a few hours in. My computer kept freezing, I assumed it...
  8. Win10 update broke computer speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 update broke computer speaker: Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next...
  9. Win10 update broke computer speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 update broke computer speaker: Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next...
  10. Today's Update Broke Me & My OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Today's Update Broke Me & My OS: I am getting some serious issues after rebooting my PC today to install updates! My Service Host DCOM is using g 30+% of my CPU after the reboot and when I click on any windows apps on the task bar nothing happens. I cannot open edge, mail, or the windows start menu and I...