Windows 10: Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection

Discus and support Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Microsoft Security Response Team can move very quickly. The tech world exploded Thursday with the revelation that Lenovo had preinstalled an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection

Read more: Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Feb 19, 2015
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

Sign-in attempt leads to BSOD and Event ID 41 msgs

Superfish probably came Pre-installed on your machine, and was uninstalled, but it was an incomplete uninstall.

SuperFish Vulnerability

SuperFish Vulnerability

XP ROCKS., Feb 19, 2015
  3. Exploit: SWF/Meadgive recurring notices

I have same issue. Windows Defender "found malware and is removing it". It identifies it as Exploit:SWF/Meadgive.

Ran full scan with Defender, "offline scan" with Defender, and Microsoft Malware Removal Tool (which found 18 infected files) . I am currently running Microsoft "Safety Scanner". BUT still getting above notice every 15 to 30 seconds.

HELP

PhilipPrestigiacomo, Feb 19, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection

1. Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates Defender

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files: when I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner it finds 10 infected files. When it is finished it show No viruses, spyware, or other ... was detected. after a reboot and rerunning the app it still finds 10 infected files. also windows defender offline tool does not work....
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files: when I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner it finds 10 infected files. When it is finished it show No viruses, spyware, or other ... was detected. after a reboot and rerunning the app it still finds 10 infected files. also windows defender offline tool does not work....
  4. activated Microsoft safety scanner to find/remove hzgsp3.updates infection and it failed to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activated Microsoft safety scanner to find/remove hzgsp3.updates infection and it failed to...: A repeat window on the screen shows hzgsp3.updates-center.com claiming to be Mcafee but I cannot close them or remove them. Tried AVAST, System Mechanic and Microsoft Safety Scanner to no avail. Tried to access Mcafee Live Safe which is supposed to be paid until 5/23 but...
  5. activated Microsoft safety scanner to find/remove hzgsp3.updates infection and it failed to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    activated Microsoft safety scanner to find/remove hzgsp3.updates infection and it failed to...: A repeat window on the screen shows hzgsp3.updates-center.com claiming to be Mcafee but I cannot close them or remove them. Tried AVAST, System Mechanic and Microsoft Safety Scanner to no avail. Tried to access Mcafee Live Safe which is supposed to be paid until 5/23 but...
  6. Windows Defender MpOav.dll is infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender MpOav.dll is infected: Hello, my Windows Defender's MpOav.dll file is infected by the Floxif virus. How can I make it cleaned?VirusTotalPath to MpOav.dll file:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2203.5-0\X86\MpOav.dll...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.

Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.: Hello Microsoft Community, Can someone please help. When I run Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.335.1154.0 it finds 50 items, and shows as infected. However at the long scan it ends with 0 files are found and none are repaired. Is there something wrong? I ran it again and it...
  8. microsoft infection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft infection: microsoft has hindered my every attempt do down load my choise of other services, why is that" and how do I fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-infection/f882df43-20d1-40bc-83b1-fdeb86782f75
  9. Virus infected MS Defender

Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...
  10. Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool: After playing a dead bat and attempting to push the perception that Superfish was not a security concern, Lenovo has admitted that it was caught napping on the security implications of preloading a piece of adware that installed its own self-signing man-in-the-middle proxy...