Windows 10: Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows

Discus and support Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft hasn't just become an enthusiastic open-source user; the company is now using the Git version control system to build Windows itself. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows

Read more: Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows | ZDNet

:)

Brink, May 24, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

windows phone 8 is open source or not

Did you just seriously ask if an operating system created by Microsoft Corporation is open-source?

I think the answer is fairly obvious. If it isn't, no Windows Phone is not open-source.

Entegy, May 24, 2017
  3. N95 8GB free GPS navigation

Why do you talk about the maps software license ? No one said it was open-source... Of course their software is proprietary ! But so is Google Earth or Microsoft Office...

The Operating System of Nokia phones however is open-source, unlike Apple's OS or Windows Mobile...

pallando---01, May 24, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows

1. Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows - Similar Threads - Microsoft uses open

2. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  3. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  4. Best free and open source software available for Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best free and open source software available for Windows 10!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TechHutTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m96wz2/best_free_and_open_source_software_available_for/
  5. Open source software for "tracking" and data management?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open source software for "tracking" and data management?: Can you recommend a software that I can use to manage data and track its progress, and which is easier on eyes than MS excel. I also want to create lists, graphs for comparison and personalize it for tables, background images, etc. submitted by /u/paperdoggy0 [link]...
  6. Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software: i downloaded visual studio community as i can't find separate applications for c,cpp and visual studio . i am a computer student. i downloaded it because i thought it was free, open source. [ATTACH] But in visual studio community, this shows like this : [ATTACH] This...
  7. Microsoft unveils new open source Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft unveils new open source Windows Terminal: Microsoft released the source code of a new Windows Terminal application today featuring multi-tab support, improved font rendering, and more. The company plans to add Windows Terminal to the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 devices soon to make it available to more users....
  8. can't open document created using a Microsoft template

can't open document created using a Microsoft template: I created a document yesterday using a Microsoft Business letter template. I saved the document but I have done everything to open it and can't. I had to do a search on my pc to find it and it tells me that the shortcut has been moved or changed. How can I open this...
  9. CodePlexProject Hosting for Open Source Software

CodePlexProject Hosting for Open Source Software: CodePlex is Microsoft's free open source project hosting site. You can create projects to share with the world, collaborate with others on their projects, and download open source software. Site 4668
  10. Microsoft: An Open Source Windows Is ‘Definitely Possible’

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: An Open Source Windows Is ‘Definitely Possible’: Microsoft’s software empire rests on Windows, the computer operating system that runs so many of the world’s desktop PCs, laptops, phones, and servers. Along with the Office franchise, it generates the majority of the company’s revenues. But one day, the company could “open...