Windows 10: Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing

Discus and support Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to get my virtual WiFi hotspot working since I upgraded to Windows 10 and it does not seem to be working. In Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Loulybob, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Loulybob Win User

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing

Hello,

I've been trying to get my virtual WiFi hotspot working since I upgraded to Windows 10 and it does not seem to be working. In Device Manager instead of finding an instance of Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter I have Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter installed and this is only present in Network Connections when the hosted network is started and it disappears when it is stopped, unlike the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter which was persistently in Network Connections. Also, my devices can connect to the hotspot I create but the network itself is limited and they have no internet access even though I have enabled sharing on my Ethernet connection. When trying to troubleshoot the limited connection I get the error message '"Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration".

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter back? I've tried reinstalling both my Ethernet and WiFi drivers in Device manager but it always installs Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter instead. Or am I in the wrong ballpark and it is nothing to do with this new driver. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Loulybob, Sep 27, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

win10 Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter

I read it as the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter might be used by Hackers to access machines and all that might involve? As a result the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter has been withdrawn for good. That is just my interpretation, so I
    could be wrong.

Did the workaround I posted offer any solution for you?

Linney, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Hosted Network support: No using windows 10 How to fix it??

I enabled microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter in device manager. it started working

ragavendras, Sep 27, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Virtual WiFi

2. microsoft virtual miniport adapter for w7 64 bit download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft virtual miniport adapter for w7 64 bit download: microsoft virtual miniport adapter for w7 64 bit download newer version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-virtual-miniport-adapter-for-w7-64-bit/24dc6d3b-6bda-4eaa-a56e-7efdf076ceb4
  3. microsoft virtual miniport adapter for w7 64 bit download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft virtual miniport adapter for w7 64 bit download: microsoft virtual miniport adapter for w7 64 bit download newer version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-virtual-miniport-adapter-for-w7-64-bit/24dc6d3b-6bda-4eaa-a56e-7efdf076ceb4
  4. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4: Hi All,I am trying to fix errors on my pc and I notice I get this at startup:Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4, {7d83bc33-b65c-4927-b82a-2d2edbba458e}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational powerAs far as I can tell...
  5. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4

Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4: Hi All,I am trying to fix errors on my pc and I notice I get this at startup:Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4, {7d83bc33-b65c-4927-b82a-2d2edbba458e}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational powerAs far as I can tell...
  6. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help

Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help: The Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter disappears off of my computer every night. I use pdanet to connect my phone to my tv and it will work fine for hours then suddenly the adapter stops working or completely disappears. windows 7 - android 11 samsung a32...
  7. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help: The Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter disappears off of my computer every night. I use pdanet to connect my phone to my tv and it will work fine for hours then suddenly the adapter stops working or completely disappears. windows 7 - android 11 samsung a32...
  8. wan miniport network adapters missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wan miniport network adapters missing: I need the following wan miniport network adapters in order to run Norton 360 VPN. they are IKEV2, IP, IPV6. I will also need their drivers. How to I find and install these network adapters? Dell Inspiron All-In-One 0 Windows 10, 1909...
  9. Can Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter be used to connect multiple times to the same WIFI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter be used to connect multiple times to the same WIFI?: I'm trying to connect a single PC to a single WIFI multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/can-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter-be/60ba9638-95a4-433b-83d2-ae566ab327e5
  10. Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue.: Heyy.. I have an issue regarding an adapter of Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter. Previously on my windows 7 Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter was installed when i started a hostednetwork(or a hotspot) through cmd. But as i upgraded to windows 10(Presently I have windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft virtual wifi missing

2. microsoft wifi miniport adapter windows 10