Windows 10: MICROSOFT VISUAL FOX PRO 9.0 VERY SLOW AND SLUGGISH ON WINDOWS 10 - "ALWAYS BRINGING UP NOT...

Discus and support MICROSOFT VISUAL FOX PRO 9.0 VERY SLOW AND SLUGGISH ON WINDOWS 10 - "ALWAYS BRINGING UP NOT... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I had a query in relation to Microsoft Visual foxpro 9.0 and Windows 10. I work in the accounts department of a manufacturing company that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BHATDEV, Aug 7, 2018.

1. BHATDEV Win User

MICROSOFT VISUAL FOX PRO 9.0 VERY SLOW AND SLUGGISH ON WINDOWS 10 - "ALWAYS BRINGING UP NOT...

Hi Guys,

I had a query in relation to Microsoft Visual foxpro 9.0 and Windows 10.

I work in the accounts department of a manufacturing company that is very conventional and orthodox. For the accounting system, they use Microsoft Visual foxpro 9.0 whereby invoices are raised, credit notes done, cheque payments posted in the system, payroll done, etc... and other accounting functions like journal entries and allocation adjustments.

This system was implemented in the company during Windows XP time and ever since then the company has been using it. I have been using the system for the last 3 years or so and it worked well on Windows 7. However, just recently, the company got me a new PC with Windows 10 professional and that is where my problem is.

The accounting system (Microsoft visual fox pro) is very sluggish and slow with windows 10 bringing up the "not responding" message each and every time I try to access any of the system features. For example, the box for cheque receipts takes an incredibly long time to come, box for viewing invoices takes a long time to come, file checker doesn't finish in the system and makes the system freeze, cancelling cheques freezes the system and all these items keeps coming with a message "Microsoft visual fox pro - user ID: not responding"

Now the problem with this sluggish Microsoft visual fox pro on Windows 10 is it wastes a lot of time and transactions don't get updated in all the tables due to the slowness of the PC running windows 10, meaning double entry transactions get saved in some tables and not others. But this system would otherwise work very well with Windows XP.

The RAM for my machine is 8GB and ROM is 1TB so it's not even small RAM that is the issue. The system works well on computers with even just 1GB of RAM

Can someone please suggest a solution to solve this slowness and "not responding" problems of Microsoft visual foxpro on Windows 10?

I tried running the Windows file checker using the windows powershell but that didn't make any difference and the slowness of the programme is still apparent while running on WIndows 10 and the system is specifically slow on Windows 10 professional only and works well with earlier version. I tried compability troubleshooting but that didn't help. Someone please help me get a solution as this issue makes an adverse work performance on my side and negatively affects my career.

:)

BHATDEV, Aug 7, 2018

2. OLEDB visual fox pro driver crashes when creating a data link

I need to access some visual fox files via oledb, i am trying to create a data link string using the data link gui on win10. After running VFPOLEDBSetup.msi i see the oledb visual fox pro provider listed. But after selecting it and clicking next, the
    properties window crashes with a rundll32 error. The install instructions state that the requirements for the provider are the same as for installing VFP. What are those requirements? Are there other components I need to install? Why cant I configure the
    visual fox pro provider?

Daniel Carrera, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 7, 2018
  4. MICROSOFT VISUAL FOX PRO 9.0 VERY SLOW AND SLUGGISH ON WINDOWS 10 - "ALWAYS BRINGING UP NOT...

OLEDB visual fox pro driver crashes when creating a data link

HI Andre,

Understood. Our company is working with old legacy software. I am not looking to do any development. My goal is to import the data from our legacy system into our Datawarehouse.

Currently there is a downloadable oledb visual fox pro driver on Microsoft's website, Vfpv9.2 which I listed above - VFPOLEDBSetup.msi

The driver package seems to install correctly. And shows up as a provider in the data link properties window:

C:\Windows\syswow64\rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll",OpenDSLFile C:\Temp\x.udl

But when I click next to configure the link, it crashes with the rundll32 error. This is something that should work, but it is not. Again, I am just looking to get the oledb provider to work so that I can get my data to SQL server.

Daniel Carrera, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

MICROSOFT VISUAL FOX PRO 9.0 VERY SLOW AND SLUGGISH ON WINDOWS 10 - "ALWAYS BRINGING UP NOT...

1. MICROSOFT VISUAL FOX PRO 9.0 VERY SLOW AND SLUGGISH ON WINDOWS 10 - "ALWAYS BRINGING UP NOT... - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT VISUAL FOX

2. Surface pro 9 windows 10 running VirtualBox for windows XP is very very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 9 windows 10 running VirtualBox for windows XP is very very slow.: I have just changed from surface pro 6 to surface pro 9 but the VirtualBox, which I need to use for some old programs on windows XP, is very very slow. .i.e. unusable. Can anyone help or should I sell the surface pro 9?...
  3. Surface pro 9 windows 10 running VirtualBox for windows XP is very very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 9 windows 10 running VirtualBox for windows XP is very very slow.: I have just changed from surface pro 6 to surface pro 9 but the VirtualBox, which I need to use for some old programs on windows XP, is very very slow. .i.e. unusable. Can anyone help or should I sell the surface pro 9?...
  4. Surface pro 9 windows 10 running VirtualBox for windows XP is very very slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  6. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  7. Windows 10 Pro runs very warm and is very slow

Windows 10 Pro runs very warm and is very slow: Split from this thread. Kept in en-us anticipating that it will go to Directly. Yo con esta ultima version que utilizo con todas las ultimas actualizaciones, está instalada sobre un anterior Windows 7 ultimate. Ahora, el SFC me encontró problemas en los archivos del sistema...
  8. Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish: It happens very rarely, maybe once per 2 months but it usually happens when PC had been running for a while. Windows becomes very slow and unresponsive, programs take ages to open. I thought this was maybe a memory leak but task manager shows low cpu/ram usage. In fact,...
  9. Windows running very sluggish

Windows running very sluggish: I haven't installed or updated anything recently, yet for some reason windows is running very sluggish. It starts up in about 10 seconds, (Due to my SSD) And signs me in just fine. Once I click firefox or the start button though, it hangs for about 10-30 seconds, then does...
  10. Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish: This problem showed up yesterday, I think. Windows 10 boot-up time on my computer is normally very fast (dual SSD raid). After I type in my Pin, there's not even a second delay before I'm able to click around and launch apps. But now, for some strange reason, the desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. visual foxpro slow shared network solved

2. WINDOWS 10 VFP SLOW

3. Visual Fox Pro on windows 10 runs slow