Windows 10: Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig

Discus and support Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Thought I might put this out for our members interest..... Read the full article here: 70066 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kipper, Nov 16, 2016.

1. kipper Win User

Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig

Thought I might put this out for our members interest.....

Read the full article here:

:)

kipper, Nov 16, 2016
  2. garygodin Win User

Did Windows 10 update ruined my computer?

Somebody should start a lawsuit against Microsoft. Windows 10 upgrade is a criminal nuisance.

garygodin, Nov 16, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    What is the best protection against the Ransom Hack - May 12, 2017

In addition to all the other helpful and important information that has been posted here, I would like to add that it's critically important to backup regularly and store your backups in a location that is not connected to your computer.

Backing up is always critically important, but in the case of a successful ransomware attack, you can simply erase your hard drive and restore a backup. There's no reason to pay ransom to a criminal when you can restore your computer in a matter of minutes.

BulldogXX, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig

Thanks for the info, kipper.

Seems that Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is one of the players. However, wont the user with Windows 10 Home be left out in the cold?

cottonball, Nov 17, 2016
  5. Captain Win User
    So those who use bitcoin.. 0.55 well the rest pay almost 400$, *sarc.
    I find that interesting to start off but back to the main subject..
    First I'm glad I don't own a fax machine.
    I got one of these when I had win 8,
    instead it accused me of having nasty photo's of kids.(Yuck!)
    It had indicated that..the government should be at my door within moments.
    The virus thing blocked me from everything on my computer and it looked all official seals of FBI.
    What got me was an image of Obama, I'm like okay this is an
    ad virus. It took me like 3 days to removed it form my system.

Why don't Microsoft put a stop to this?
    I mean it's the same MO so to speak, like the
    monypak virus crap that is basically what I had gotten.

It's odd because it can happen to you even if your on say
    a work computer, you never visited any nasty sites or used the
    dark-web. So why then does it seem that a system is chosen to
    be hit with this crap? I remember when windows 7 was new.. this
    was taking place all the time! I'm glad it's not as much but still scary.
    I guess Microsoft wants to make more $$$ off of it's consumers. Or are these
    nasty groups that make these viruses just getting that much better? Makes me stop
    and think maybe they work for or worked for Microsoft. Thank you for posting!
    I'm on hyper alert and will have my important files backed up again ASAP.

Captain, Nov 18, 2016
  6. kipper Win User
    I have no answers for this.........seems like no matter how diligent you are and how secure you try to make your system and avoid nasty sites there are those dirt-bags scheming to try to make a dishonest buck anyway they can......

Maybe it is with some degree of paranoia but I find backing up my system image 2x a week gives some assurances that I am at least trying to be proactive at avoiding being taken hostage by these hackers....

kipper, Nov 18, 2016
  7. Captain Win User
    I have all my maritime training and ship record son it..as well s a non-profit, I think i'd loose
    it; if something were to happen. Guess I'm glad I have 2 systems, I back up all the time; but only the most important files/folders. I always keep a flash drive open for the mal-ware remover program,to attempt to remove it that way should I get this nasty thing. Thanks again for the warning*Nerd

Captain, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig

1. Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig - Similar Threads - Microsoft warns “Criminal

2. You are not the owner of the case.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You are not the owner of the case.: What is this ****? I need help and can't even contact MS cause of this! See that MS has done nothing to fix this. Can't even update my drivers. Nothing but errors. Since MS wont help, can someone please tell me how to update Base system device and SM Bus Controller. I have...
  3. You are not the owner of the case.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You are not the owner of the case.: Trying to contact Support and can't get past "You are not the owner of the case." I followed a suggested link from this site and that went nowhere. I wanted to report an annoying, persistent email. This is the bothersome email:...
  4. Pop-up Ransomware Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop-up Ransomware Warning: The other day, I clicked on a link for an interesting article. I was pinged with a supposed ransomware attack. Knowing everything that I know about computers, I immediately clicked CTRL ALT DEL together to bring up Task Manager and ended the task. You will not be able to...
  5. Locking a folder against ransomware

Locking a folder against ransomware: Can a folder be locked, with password protection, to block encryption ransomware from changing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locking-a-folder-against-ransomware/47a14409-a217-4ea8-927b-017abec67810
  6. Windows 2004 is warning against itself or ... what ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 2004 is warning against itself or ... what ?: After a ton of updates this morning on a Windows 10 2004 machine I get this warning: [ATTACH] What to do now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2004-is-warning-against-itself-or-what/3c700813-51e1-4ab8-9b39-4469c143d9f5
  7. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  8. It's criminal.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It's criminal.: I. Am. Using. My. Computer. I. Am. Using. It Windows Update installs without my go. I. Am. Using. It. Windows Update forces itself. I. Am. Using. My. Computer. I. Am. Working. Windows Update installs by force. I. Want. To. Work. Windows Update...
  9. Defending against ransomware with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    Defending against ransomware with Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Ransomware is one of the latest malware threats that is attracting an increasing number of cyber-criminals who are looking to profit from it. In fact, in the last 12 months, the number of ransomware variants have more than doubled. Its premise is deceptively simple: infect...
  10. Ransomware Warning

in Windows 10 News
    Ransomware Warning: A number of major news websites have seen adverts hijacked by a malicious campaign that attempts to install “ransomware” on users computers The attack, which was targeted at US users, hit websites including the New York Times, the BBC, AOL and the NFL over the weekend....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4477137 remover