Windows 10: Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue.

Discus and support Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Heyy.. I have an issue regarding an adapter of Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter. Previously on my windows 7 Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sann, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Sann Win User

Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue.

Heyy..

I have an issue regarding an adapter of Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter.

Previously on my windows 7 Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter was installed when i started a hostednetwork(or a hotspot) through cmd.

But as i upgraded to windows 10(Presently I have windows 10 Pro..Edition 1511..Os Build 10586.420 installed in my pc) When Type following commands(without quotes) in cmd(as an admin)

"netsh wlan show drivers"

It shows

"Hostednetwork Supported: Yes"

That means I can Create a hotspot.

But When I check in my network connections window(in Control Panel) it shows a driver named as "Local Area Connection2".

Although hotspot is created, it never shares internet of my WiFi network(As I have network Connection by means of WiFi using Tp-Link USB Wireless adapter) I am unable to share my internet connection thorugh WiFi.

But As I said before, in windows 7 it shared internet connection through WiFi.

Also When i had checked before in network connections it showed a Microsoft Virtual Wireless Network connection and driver installed is Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter.

So I have a Question as "Does Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter is available for windows 10?"
    And If yes there send me a link for downloading it.
    And if not try helping me to fix it out.
    Waiting for a Reply.

:)

Sann, Jul 6, 2016

2. Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter missing issue in Windows 10.

Hello,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the Microsoft Wi-Fi miniport adapter on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Make sure that you have enable the Microsoft Wi-Fi miniport adapter on your device.

To do so, follow:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    • netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
    • netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Step 2: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

To answer your question: Yes, Microsoft Wi-Fi miniport adapter is available for windows 10.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the hosted network for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter missing issue in Windows 10.

First of all, thank you for your reply.

But in case, this didn't help me out.

I tried all the steps but the results were the same as before.

Actually I don't have an issue accessing the Microsoft Wi-Fi miniport adapter on my device(PC), instead i don't have that adapter installed in my device.

Besides when I check my network connection, it shows an adapter installed(when hostednetwork is started through cmd) in my device. It shows an "Local Area Connection with Microsoft Hostednetwork Virtual Adapter installed."

Here what I want to say is, as before in my windows 7, in network connections, it showed "Wireless Network Connection with Microsoft Miniport adapter installed."

"So I wanted to ask whether Microsoft Miniport adapter is still available for windows 10?"

As I am not facing problem to access Microsoft virtual adapter, but I want the adapter which was available earlier(like in windows 7).

And the problem is that by using the adapter installed currently( Microsoft Hostednetwork Virtual adapter)

I cant access internet on my other devices through WiFi, As Current adpapter don't shares internet through WiFi.

Also when I open properties of my WiFi connection, then in sharing tab when I check th box as mentioned in figur it shows an error.
    Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue. [​IMG]

And also Under home networking connection drop-down list,

It shows only three options as "Select a private network connection/Local area connection/ethernet".

Here I want to share my internet through WiFi, which is not listed.

I hope you may get my query and help me out for an working solution.

Waiting for the reply.

SanvedSave, Jul 6, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue.

1. Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue. - Similar Threads - Microsoft WiFI Miniport

2. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue: I hopped on my pc a few days ago and I was not connected to internet. I clicked to check for available networks and nothing at all pops up as if i didn’t have a wireless network adapter. I checked to see if it was updated and it was then I went to uninstall it to reinstall it...
  3. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue: I hopped on my pc a few days ago and I was not connected to internet. I clicked to check for available networks and nothing at all pops up as if i didn’t have a wireless network adapter. I checked to see if it was updated and it was then I went to uninstall it to reinstall it...
  4. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help: The Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter disappears off of my computer every night. I use pdanet to connect my phone to my tv and it will work fine for hours then suddenly the adapter stops working or completely disappears. windows 7 - android 11 samsung a32...
  6. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help: The Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter disappears off of my computer every night. I use pdanet to connect my phone to my tv and it will work fine for hours then suddenly the adapter stops working or completely disappears. windows 7 - android 11 samsung a32...
  7. Wifi adapter missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter missing: Hi Recently I can only connect to my internet using the eth cable. I have checked my adapter settings and my wireless adapter is not there checked my device manager and my wireless driver is gone updated the system win 10 reset the pc its looking like I might have...
  8. wan miniport network adapters missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wan miniport network adapters missing: I need the following wan miniport network adapters in order to run Norton 360 VPN. they are IKEV2, IP, IPV6. I will also need their drivers. How to I find and install these network adapters? Dell Inspiron All-In-One 0 Windows 10, 1909...
  9. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: Hi I am not tech savvy so i don't know what's the problem with my Wifi Adapter. I am using Windows 10. I left my computer in the middle of the night and when i woke up, I suddenly had new background pictures and my wifi shows a red X. I suspect that my computer went through...
  10. Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing: Hello, I've been trying to get my virtual WiFi hotspot working since I upgraded to Windows 10 and it does not seem to be working. In Device Manager instead of finding an instance of Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter I have Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Neither Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter or Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter were found

2. microsoft wifi miniport adapter windows 10