Windows 10: Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

Discus and support Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per Gordon Kelly,Microsoft has decided to allow users to completely disable telemetry in a future update (later this year) as I see it,this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MyOwnReflection, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

As per Gordon Kelly,Microsoft has decided to allow users to completely disable telemetry in a future update (later this year) as I see it,this is pretty big news! will Microsoft stick to their word? time will tell... http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#16deb9603974

:)

MyOwnReflection, Feb 10, 2016

2. Should Microsoft allow users to turn off telemetry totally (Windows 7/8.1/10)?

This has been something that I've been wanting to ask, after the whole fuss about Windows 10 and data collection. As you might know, Microsoft is collecting data from Windows 10 (incl. 7 and 8.1) users for feedback purposes. But, there are some skeptics
    who think that Microsoft is collecting more than just that.

While I understand that users can turn off some settings to "alleviate" some privacy concerns, but there are some users who would like it if Microsoft allowed them to turn off telemetry completely. To me, allowing users to turn off telemetry is a pretty
    good idea. While I can expect some to still be skeptical, I think that most who are concerned about privacy will probably enjoy the experience (this, of course, is arguable).

So, what do you think? Should Microsoft allow users to completely turn off telemetry?

Lumia 625 user, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Hi May,

To answer your inquiry about Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility, you may refer to the information provided below.

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Telemetry is system data that is uploaded by the Connected User Experience and Telemetry component. The telemetry data is used to keep Windows devices secure, and to help Microsoft improve the quality of Windows and Microsoft services. It is used to provide
    a service to the user as part of Windows.

Basically, it is an automated process, where data is collected at remote points and transmitted back to the ‘parent’, who uses it for the purpose or measuring, monitoring and improving services.

Yes, it can be disabled by going through Registry Editor. However, it is highly advisable not to disable it since this is an important component to improving the system and bringing better solution to any upcoming issues.

Feel free to post more inquiries.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 10, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

Sounded good until I read this:

Ztruker, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

1. Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry - Similar Threads - Microsoft allow users

2. Looking for feedback from Office Telemetry Dashboard users

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Looking for feedback from Office Telemetry Dashboard users: Hi there, My name is and I am a Program Manager working on Office tools. I am trying to get insights into how users use Office Telemetry Dashboard (Telemetry Dashboard for Office), in what situations, and what parts of it are they using. This information will help me and my...
  3. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is part of Planned Obsolecence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is part of Planned Obsolecence: With the recent update to 1803 this month (2018-09) Compattelrunner.exe was renewed on my system and set back to full operational status. This is after I created a dummy file of compattelrunner.exe (created a notepad txt file and renamed it to compattelrunner.exe and...
  4. Connected User Experience and Telemetry and try.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected User Experience and Telemetry and try.: I have a couple of questions about the above processes that seem to continually be running on my system. Firstly, is there a difference between them? If so, what?. Secondly, there have been numerous times (more so since the last Insiders Ring update) that I've noticed the...
  5. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash: I guess this is not a new question and apologise in advance if I am repeating it but I failed to unearth anything helpful through Search: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 one month ago. Reliability Monitor, which I run every day, has advised me three times since May 22nd...
  6. Registry setting to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry setting to disable telemetry: Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem? 59236
  7. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...
  8. Disable Service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry"?

Disable Service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry"?: I just disabled the service "Connected user experiences and telemetry" to restrict the data fed back to Microsoft. Has anyone noticed any problems in disabling this service? 90526
  9. How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10: How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 Windows 10 now comes with the telemetry feature enabled by default which collects all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft has provided no way to disable it completely using...
  10. Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates: Windows 10 Home users are not allowed to defer system updates, and as we’ve recently found out, they weren't even allowed to disable app updates in the Windows Store, so all new versions that were released through the store were automatically installed on their PCs. Today,...