Windows 10: Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

Discus and support Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per Gordon Kelly,Microsoft has decided to allow users to completely disable telemetry in a future update (later this year) as I see it,this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MyOwnReflection, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

As per Gordon Kelly,Microsoft has decided to allow users to completely disable telemetry in a future update (later this year) as I see it,this is pretty big news! will Microsoft stick to their word? time will tell... http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#16deb9603974

:)

MyOwnReflection, Feb 10, 2016

2. Should Microsoft allow users to turn off telemetry totally (Windows 7/8.1/10)?

This has been something that I've been wanting to ask, after the whole fuss about Windows 10 and data collection. As you might know, Microsoft is collecting data from Windows 10 (incl. 7 and 8.1) users for feedback purposes. But, there are some skeptics
    who think that Microsoft is collecting more than just that.

While I understand that users can turn off some settings to "alleviate" some privacy concerns, but there are some users who would like it if Microsoft allowed them to turn off telemetry completely. To me, allowing users to turn off telemetry is a pretty
    good idea. While I can expect some to still be skeptical, I think that most who are concerned about privacy will probably enjoy the experience (this, of course, is arguable).

So, what do you think? Should Microsoft allow users to completely turn off telemetry?

Lumia 625 user, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Hi May,

To answer your inquiry about Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility, you may refer to the information provided below.

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Telemetry is system data that is uploaded by the Connected User Experience and Telemetry component. The telemetry data is used to keep Windows devices secure, and to help Microsoft improve the quality of Windows and Microsoft services. It is used to provide
    a service to the user as part of Windows.

Basically, it is an automated process, where data is collected at remote points and transmitted back to the ‘parent’, who uses it for the purpose or measuring, monitoring and improving services.

Yes, it can be disabled by going through Registry Editor. However, it is highly advisable not to disable it since this is an important component to improving the system and bringing better solution to any upcoming issues.

Feel free to post more inquiries.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 10, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

Sounded good until I read this:

Ztruker, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

1. Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry - Similar Threads - Microsoft allow users

2. Cannot disable Microsoft C. Telemetry!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot disable Microsoft C. Telemetry!: Hi all,My laptop last 3-4 days suffer a lot because of telemetry, it runs 40-50% of CPU. My Laptop is quite hot as well. It effected many things. And it's really suddenly come out, before wasn't there at all. I tried many way already and successfully disabled telemetry by...
  3. How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1?: How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1? Please note that it is Windows 8.1 eight point one and that "Task Scheduler" is not found after searching for it on Windows 8.1 so the previously posted "solution" does not work for me....
  4. How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1?: How to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 8.1? Please note that it is Windows 8.1 eight point one and that "Task Scheduler" is not found after searching for it on Windows 8.1 so the previously posted "solution" does not work for me....
  5. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  6. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  7. Is it possible to disable application telemetry for my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to disable application telemetry for my Microsoft account?: I was just on account.microsoft.com/privacy and I saw that they're logging which applications I use. I'd be fine with it if it were just my Windows Store apps or if it gave me an obvious toggle, but they're logging my Steam games to my Microsoft account. Project Cars 2,...
  8. Connected User Experiences and Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected User Experiences and Telemetry: Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. when looking in the services on my computer am looking for Connected User Experiences and Telemetry so that I may turn it on as I believe this could be the reasons I am not unlocking my xbox Achievements. But when looking for this it is not...
  9. Registry setting to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry setting to disable telemetry: Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem? 59236
  10. Disable Service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry"?: I just disabled the service "Connected user experiences and telemetry" to restrict the data fed back to Microsoft. Has anyone noticed any problems in disabling this service? 90526