Windows 10: Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month

Discus and support Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; During the past few weeks, Microsoft has promised to improve the speed at which Windows 10 builds are released to Insiders. While it has been over 50... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month

Read more: Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new build of Windows 10 per month

Brink, Mar 17, 2015
  2. Winuser Win User

I have no problem with MS taking their time between builds. I would rather have releases that all known bugs are fixed. I didn't like being lead to believe a build was going to be released the last week of February and then denying it was said. Keep me informed of what's going on and I'll be happy to wait for future builds.

:)

Winuser, Mar 18, 2015
  3. robtoe Win User
    robtoe, Mar 18, 2015
  4. SeanAN Win User

The WP7 marketplace app crashes at least one per week on my phone.

The WP7 marketplace looks good, but it crashes at least once per week. When it does, I basically have to reset the phone for it work. I also find that the market place app loads content pretty sluggishly. The marketplace app is broken and needs to be fixed!

SeanAN, Mar 18, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    That's nice.. I hope they can hold to that.

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
  6. I guess my view will be the exception, then because I'd rather get more builds more rapidly, even if that means that things will be "broken" than wait week after week after week for something that is going to change again, anyway.

In my case, I do a full image backup of Win10TP prior to upgrading to each new build. That way, if the new build is a disaster, it's a five-minute process to get the older, working, build restored.

Besides, this is the "fun" part of testing -- trying out new stuff. If we're going to have to wait two months between builds (which is what we're rapidly approaching from the last one), simply so that everything can be nice and stable and bug-free, then we might as well wait for the RTM -- it's only a few months away, itself.

Mark Phelps, Mar 18, 2015
  7. gzt7d8 Win User
    After today, there are 8 calendars to go. If you discount weekends and someone said on this forum Friday's and Monday's, then we are down to 4 or maybe 5 days left this month.

Just stating a fact...and leaks don't count. *Wink

gzt7d8, Apr 21, 2015
  8. Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month

Tom Warren hinted on Twitter that 10061 is likely to drop today.

Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month [​IMG]

blackroseMD1, Apr 21, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    Once a month? Not enough! Give us anything every week. We even download and test leaks at our own risk so just give us anything you have. With ot without bugs. *Biggrin

badrobot, Apr 21, 2015
  10. Dave44 Win User
    don't look like it now *Sad

Dave44, Apr 21, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    badrobot, Apr 22, 2015
  12. We've heard this story before.
    I might believe it, when I see it. *Sad

lehnerus2000, Apr 22, 2015
  13. BillyBob Win User

I can't remember when I installed 10056 but I just installed 10061, must be around a month I think. So far everything seems to be working okay, I had a few problems with Spartan in 10056, it froze a couple of times and just wouldn't do anything at others.

BillyBob, Apr 22, 2015
  14. jeffrys Win User
    "In my case, I do a full image backup of Win10TP prior to upgrading to each new build. That way, if the new build is a disaster, it's a five-minute process to get the older, working, build restored."

Well Mark, i always do a recovery after a new build and do a restore when i do not like the build. (Done this a few times now, which is why i still was on Build 9926, so did get back after Builds 10041 and 10061, skipped 10049 and 10051, if that was available)

if i mistyped some numbers....well i do not recall them all.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 23, 2015
  15. Sounds like I'm not the only one, who believes in doing Backups! Eh Mates?

Any install of any OS can just go horribly wrong, and it's always nice to have a backup of the current OS in the can, so to speak.

It does look like MS is heading in the right direction with Windows 10, to replace previous Windows versions that just were not wholeheartedly accepted by the general public. I had to use The Classic Shell on many new Windows 8 or 8.1 installs, just to keep the users from taking their new computers back to the store for a refund.

But there's still basically hidden features that only the Guru's will ever find. Windows 10, 10061/64 is running nicely on my little HP Laptop, and I've not installed the Classic Shell yet, but I did drop about a half dozen Shortcut Icons on the desktop, to make regular operation go much smoother. I keep a cache of helpful shortcuts on my Utilities Flash Drive.

I try to look past the bells and whistles, the glitz and glitter, at just how well the OS runs installed software. So far, so good!

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month - Similar Threads - Microsoft deliver least

2. Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD fault, at least one per day. No particular or obvious trigger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD fault, at least one per day. No particular or obvious trigger: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * *...
  3. New Microsoft 365 Monthly Channel v2004 build 12730.20352 - May 21

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft 365 Monthly Channel v2004 build 12730.20352 - May 21: Version 2004 (Build 12730.20352) Resolved issues Excel Fixed an issue where the external link stops working after the file is reopened if the file path is too long. Outlook Addressed an issue that caused users to experience a crash when submitting feedback from an Admin...
  4. Microsoft Office one month trial

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office one month trial: Split from this thread. Hi Sir, Good Day !!! Greetings !!! Can you please help me on this issue. On last month i tried to get microsoft office one month trial version from this account. i was given my credit card details on this site but i dint downloaded micro soft...
  5. Microsoft Teams delivers new experiences for the intelligent workplace

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams delivers new experiences for the intelligent workplace: Today, at the Enterprise Connect event in Orlando, Florida, Microsoft Teams won the Best in Show award for the second year in a row in recognition for its vision for making communication and collaboration easier for the entire workforce, including those on the frontline. This...
  6. OneDrive Fails at Least Once a Month

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Fails at Least Once a Month: Ok. I'm a few steps beyond my wit's end with OneDrive. It functions for about a month. Then in stops. Just stops. It'll restart a couple of times if I reboot - but I can't do that every time I need to save a document. I then uninstall and reinstall. That took about five...
  7. BSOD at least twice a month - uncertain cause

BSOD at least twice a month - uncertain cause: I am experiencing BSODs at least twice a month. I started archiving the minidump files in a Dropbox folder (link shared at the end). I do not know what is causing these BSODs Things I have tried 1) running memtest numerous times (screenshots in dropbox link) - no errors on...
  8. Multiple BSODs / New build / Lurking for a month

Multiple BSODs / New build / Lurking for a month: Hello, So, I am have been having multiple BSODs from day 0 with my new PC build. I will try to be as thorough as I can to help you help me. I have been lurking and troubleshooting since early February, when my build began. I have clean installed (formatted primary drive...
  9. Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month: Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926 a couple of weeks ago with quite a lot of improvements, including a working version of Cortana and a revamped version of the Start menu, but it turns out that the company is already planning a brand new release for...
  10. Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser: Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser March 18, 2015 03:00 pm Microsoft is releasing a new preview version of Windows 10 today, days after a build leaked to the web and nearly two months since the company’s last public update. Microsoft’s big...