Windows 10: Microsoft Windows-CAP 513 Error

Discus and support Microsoft Windows-CAP 513 Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Wife's HP EliteBook Folio 9480m, OS Win 10 Pro, 1607 14393.969 (64 bit) constantly gets these Errors on Every Macrium Reflect 7 Backup. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wen, Mar 22, 2017.

1. WEN
    wen Win User

Microsoft Windows-CAP 513 Error

My Wife's HP EliteBook Folio 9480m, OS Win 10 Pro, 1607 14393.969 (64 bit) constantly gets these Errors on Every Macrium Reflect 7 Backup.

Microsoft Windows-CAP 513 Error [​IMG]

:)

2. remaker Win User
    remaker, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Obtaining error code 0x8000ffff retrying without VSS writers from Partition Copy Macrium reflect

Windows event View shows multiple errors

Microsoft Windows Cap 12 Event ID 513

SQLVDI Event code 1

SQLVDI Event code 1

SqlWriter Event code 24582

Microsoft windows Cap 12

Curiously Macrium reflect completes the partition copy "without VSS writers", and it appear to be ok.

I am running Windows 10. I had previously deleted SQL version 8 as it was incompatible with ACT. Is this a possible cause of the errors?

I turned on windows File Backup, ( previously off), reset and errors are unchanged. File Backup seems to work fine.

At this point I am lost. My technical skill levels don't cover this..

Thanks

Further comment. All these SQL and VSS errors went away with a reformat and new install of windows. and Macrium Reflect performed as advertised with no errors. (Unfortunately the reformat also killed many programs authorization codes, including that of Memeo).

When I re-installed my now converted to a trial copy of the windows 8 version of Memeo backup, the VSS errors returned. I presume it grabs the VSS related software. I assume the windows 10 version does the same, even if it is a "new engine".

Now I am wondering if Microsoft File Save feature would fulfill the same function without conflicting creating VSS errors. It saves files once an hour versus the instant save of Memeo.

Still looking for comments and advice.

Thanks

LawrenceMotley, Mar 22, 2017
  4. Microsoft Windows-CAP 513 Error

Caledon Ken, Mar 23, 2017
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    Like Ken said you can ignore this error. I get the same error on two of my four PCs. The backups are not impacted.

SoFine409, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Windows-CAP 513 Error

1. Microsoft Windows-CAP 513 Error - Similar Threads - Microsoft CAP 513

2. Windows FPS Cap?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows FPS Cap?: So basically i just got a new PC, that runs very well but whenever i go to my homescreen, tab out of a game/close a game, it shows as if my fps is capped at 65.When i search why this happens, everyone just says its you monitors refresh rate, but my monitor is set to 280 hz,...
  3. Windows FPS Cap?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows FPS Cap?: So basically i just got a new PC, that runs very well but whenever i go to my homescreen, tab out of a game/close a game, it shows as if my fps is capped at 65.When i search why this happens, everyone just says its you monitors refresh rate, but my monitor is set to 280 hz,...
  4. 513 unknown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    513 unknown: When I try to use a web site, I receive 513 unknown. What does this mean and how can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/513-unknown/4be45fce-3ddd-4fdf-902d-4460788b57d1
  5. Caps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Caps: I did not know that using caps was yelling. Please forgive me on sending the message in caps.. Thanks, Bryan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps/3894fe68-9bbd-41e4-b3b9-7949066bd771
  6. Capped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Capped: I had to sell my GPU and I am now running off of intel integrated graphics via HDMI as my motherboard does not have display port. I have a gsync monitor and it was running at 144hz before, now it is capped at 59hz. Is there anyway I can get above that refresh rate? Do I need...
  7. caps

in Windows 10 Customization
    caps: How can I tell if caps are on? Obviously I looked for a light. Or some indicator. I don't WANT to have to start typing in order to know! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps/b6e5a46a-7dcb-4a7b-aebb-e774f6ca06ff
  8. Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?: The subject says it all. I could not finish installation of Microsoft Office 2010. I have the Product Key but don't know if the maximum number of uses has been met. The website that the installation sent me to for entering the product key said that upper or lower case was ok....
  9. MACRIUM REFLECT - Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MACRIUM REFLECT - Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2": I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD. In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" What does it mean ?? Looked all...
  10. several error id 513 & 8193 help

in Windows 10 Support
    several error id 513 & 8193 help: Hi i start to get this errors first id error 513 source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 Code: Encryption service can not process the OnIdentity () call in the object writer system. Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cvusbdrvbus_513 win 10

2. cvusbdrvbus_513 error win 10