Windows 10: Microsoft windows is not responding.... and system freezes

Discus and support Microsoft windows is not responding.... and system freezes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently i have started to face this issue on my lenovo y510p, I was using windows 8.1 then, and for the first time my computer get freezed, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by stblue, Mar 19, 2016.

1. stblue Win User

Microsoft windows is not responding.... and system freezes

Recently i have started to face this issue on my lenovo y510p, I was using windows 8.1 then, and for the first time my computer get freezed, and the error pop up

Microsoft Windows
    The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.
    Options: END PROCESS or CANCEL'

I thought there must be some issue and error will go away, but to my surprise this error start to pop up regularly after using my laptop for 15 - 20 mins, my system get freezed, to get over this issue either i have to wait for next 5 mins until this dialog box will close or i have to shut down my laptop by pressing power key.

Second issue that i start to facing after this is when system restart or start, sometime i used to get this error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME", system when restart automatically and after 5-6 try system get started. This error is not persistent it appers sometimes.

When this freezing issue become regular i thought there must be some issue with windows 8.1 so from my end i did following things:

i) Upgraded my laptop to windows 10, issue was still there.
    ii) Used lenovo one key recovery and set my laptop to initial position which was windows 8, issue was still there.
    iii) Again upgraded to windows 8.1 and windows 10 and issue was there in both again.
    iv) Finally i downloaded a windows10 IOS file from official windows website and format all my drive and did a clean install of windows, problem still persists.

Someone please help me regarding this how to solve this issue and what are the possible reasons for this issue ?

:)

stblue, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Life... Win User

Windows 10 freezes when using the photo screen saver

When is Microsoft going to respond to the Windows 10 freezing issues?

Life..., Mar 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 explorer is not responding (freezes) on opening excel file

Hi Allan,

I did not carry out your intructions yet.

Since my last changes i had no complaints anymore.

The changes that i made:

• clearing the explorer history/cache and turned it off with grouppolicy.
    • forced restart at night (user did not ever shutdown his PC).
    When problem occurs again i will pick up troubleshooting again and use your intructions.

Thanks you for your efforts.

Regards, Marc Peters

MarcusAmice, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft windows is not responding.... and system freezes

1. Microsoft windows is not responding.... and system freezes - Similar Threads - Microsoft responding system

2. Microsoft Windows Operating System is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Operating System is not responding: hmm... idk why but sometime will not responding everyday will pop out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-operating-system-is-not/452a8e23-1f51-4117-abc6-d4da6afb4d95
  3. Microsoft Windows Operating System is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows Operating System is not responding: hmm... idk why but sometime will not responding everyday will pop out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-operating-system-is-not/452a8e23-1f51-4117-abc6-d4da6afb4d95
  4. Microsoft Windows Operating System stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Operating System stopped responding and was closed: I am unsure, I found this within control panel, this same error was here 4 times. More infomation can be provided if need.SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎18/‎03/‎2023 00:19StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this...
  5. Microsoft Windows Operating System stopped responding and was closed

Microsoft Windows Operating System stopped responding and was closed: I am unsure, I found this within control panel, this same error was here 4 times. More infomation can be provided if need.SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎18/‎03/‎2023 00:19StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this...
  6. Outlook freezing and not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook freezing and not responding: Hello. I work for an MSP and we are having an issue on a number of Dell issues laptops. All running windows 11 with good specs. Outlook will randomly start freezing and be unusable. The only way our users can get back to work is by force closing the app or restarting their...
  7. Outlook freezing and not responding

Outlook freezing and not responding: Hello. I work for an MSP and we are having an issue on a number of Dell issues laptops. All running windows 11 with good specs. Outlook will randomly start freezing and be unusable. The only way our users can get back to work is by force closing the app or restarting their...
  8. PC not responding/freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  9. PC not responding/freezes

PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  10. Windows 10 freezing (not responding)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing (not responding): I have recently downloaded and installed Windows 10 on my Asus ROG G20bm and it keeps freezing (not responding) when I leave it on idle to download a file (approx. 5GB) I have tried scanning for virus and malware but there are none. This happens almost once a day and I...