Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop: Will Not Wake PC?

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop: Will Not Wake PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new Dell Inspiron 5000 Series is used with a Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop. This comprises a Wireless Keyboard 800 and Wireless Mouse 1000. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nigelmercier, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop: Will Not Wake PC?

My new Dell Inspiron 5000 Series is used with a Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop. This comprises a Wireless Keyboard 800 and Wireless Mouse 1000. I have installed Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center(MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_2.7.133).

I can't find any Power Options tabs in which to enable one of these devices to wake the computer from sleep. The PC normally sits (almost) closed in a drawer, so it's a bit awkward to use the power button. I use an external monitor.

:)

nigelmercier, Apr 30, 2016

2. wireless keyboard Microsoft 800 lights steady red

Hey guys I have a wireless keyboard Microsoft 800 , before two days when I've wake up I found the keyboard light steady red on the right bottom of the keyboard Microsoft

Can you help me I've changed the battery and still the same problem

Sorry for my language

Mohammad Alqasei, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Wireless Desktop 800

Hello,

I have Wireless Desktop 800 set. Mouse and keyboard are ok. However the USB transmitter is no longer detectable on any computer/laptop.

how to solve this, if i bought a new mouse 1000, will it's transmitter work. I am really disappointed and questioning the reliability of Microsoft products .

thank you

AbdulrahmanElsharqawy, Apr 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop: Will Not Wake PC?

Hello, my first thought is 'how do you cool your PC' which "sits (almost) closed in a drawer" *cake

I've just worked through a similar situation with my laptop, where the technically aware supplier was convinced they could get my touchpad and keyboard to wake it from sleep - I was pretty sure they couldn't. I was, alas, right- they were thinking of an earlier version of the same thing and were unaware of this change.

I have configured my external wired mouse to wake my laptop.

Try this command from a command prompt:
    powercfg /waketimers
    - tells you what's active now that could wake it now
    and
    powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any
    tells you what devices could wake your PC from any sleep state, but are not necessarily active

Post the results.

You should also look at your BIOS options to see if there are relevant settings. It may be necessary to change sthg there in order for the power management tab to be available.

dalchina, May 1, 2016
  5. Thanks, it was a BIOS setting.

nigelmercier, May 9, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Good- you're fortunate to have that. My new laptop has a significantly 'dumbed down' restricted set of BIOS settings.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop: Will Not Wake PC?

1. Microsoft Wireless 800 Desktop: Will Not Wake PC? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless 800

2. USB replacement for Wireless 800 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB replacement for Wireless 800 keyboard: I have a Wireless 800 keyboard but the USB receiver broke; therefore, the keyboard won't work. Can I get a USB receiver replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-replacement-for-wireless-800-keyboard/8f63b9fe-58ac-4b8a-b174-b09f406d1a95
  3. USB replacement for Wireless 800 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB replacement for Wireless 800 keyboard: I have a Wireless 800 keyboard but the USB receiver broke; therefore, the keyboard won't work. Can I get a USB receiver replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-replacement-for-wireless-800-keyboard/8f63b9fe-58ac-4b8a-b174-b09f406d1a95
  4. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 keys switched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 keys switched: I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 and Mouse 1000 that have been working perfectly. I came back from holidays a few days ago and the "c" and "ENTER" keys on the wireless keyboard have switched. When you enter "c" it acts as an enter and when you press "ENTER" it types a...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 keeps waking up PC screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 keeps waking up PC screen: Hi!I am using Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 Mouse 5000 and Keyboard 5050. The mouse wakes up the PC screen immediately after it goes to sleep. I have tried putting the mouse on different surfaces, I even turned it upside down to see if would make a difference but...
  6. Keyboard waking desktop PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard waking desktop PC: I'm looking at a friend's computer where we can't stop the keyboard from waking the computer. Note I have another ongoing thread on here where my desktop won't go into sleep mode reliably!! Honestly it would make you *Banghead Because of trying to fix this wake issue...
  7. Microsoft wireless keyboard 800

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft wireless keyboard 800: Where can i connect four usb wires to Microsoft wireless keyboard 800 , b cause i want to change my keyboard into wired keyboard as i lost my dongle * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS not specified...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900: been using desktop 900 keyboard and moude for a year, Now the mouse starts to stutter. its like the old days when you pushed the PC to max :- anyway, im only working with small progs, and it still jumps around. yes tried new batteries distance from usb to mouse is one...
  9. Microsoft wireless keyboard 800

Microsoft wireless keyboard 800: Hello, my keyboard has been working fine till it started to have the function keys 1 to 12 binded to keys like WASDE and others . I have removed the keys from the keyboard to check if keys such as control , alt windows and shift are pressed down . This keyboard does not have...
  10. Microsoft wireless keyboard 800 buttons open unwanted applications and windows

Microsoft wireless keyboard 800 buttons open unwanted applications and windows: Hi Just took out of the closet this old keyboard i have for a few years. Microsoft wireless keyboard 800. CTRL key opens mail app and a folder and BSPlayer at the same time. Left windows button open the calculator. To solve it, I have installed recent microsoft mouse...