Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 + Surface Pro 4 (Wifi Concerns)

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 + Surface Pro 4 (Wifi Concerns) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm thinking about trying the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 (Miracast) (for TV projection in the office) with my Surface Pro 4 within my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by regpark, Mar 21, 2016.

1. regpark Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 + Surface Pro 4 (Wifi Concerns)

Hi, I'm thinking about trying the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 (Miracast) (for TV projection in the office) with my Surface Pro 4 within my business/office environment. Which means, there are wifi Access Points all over for our business wireless network. One of our networking engineers is concerned about interference with our wifi signal when using this miracast device. It's only $50 adapter so we could simply try it but wanted to reach out to ya'll first to see if anyone has experience using it in an business environment -- should this be a concern? Thanks!

:)

regpark, Mar 21, 2016

2. surface pro 4 and miracast

we have 42 surface pro 4 devices that teachers are using, and we are using the MS display adapters.

all the surface pro's are updated to the latest version of windows 1703, but the display adapters are constantly disconnecting, we have reinstalled the WIFI drivers and updated all drivers to no luck, we have been told that the displayport v3 driver is the
    cause of this, but are unable to roll back the miracast device, is there a link or website with the displayport v2 driver

SpaulDavidson, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Caring4U Win User
    Poor picture quality with wireless display adaptor v2.

Hi ESmithau1,

I think the only other thing is the limitation of the wireless standard:

"Works fine for 1080p. The Miracast Standard that the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 uses, does not display
    resolutions greater than 1080p, such as 4k or 3440x1440 (ultrawide). 4k will probably look okay with scaling, but ultrawide is poorly stretched.

When I used the wireless display from a Surface Pro 3 (which supports resolutions higher than 1080p) to a 3440x1440 ultrawide monitor (where I connected the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2), the image was only 1080p and stretched."

So it could just be a mismatch of resolution.

Kind regards,

Caring

Caring4U, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 + Surface Pro 4 (Wifi Concerns)

1. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 + Surface Pro 4 (Wifi Concerns) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 - Devices not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 - Devices not connecting: Hi,We are trying to use a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 so that we can cast our notebook to a screen.We have plugged in the adapter to the TV and it is showing that it is ready to connect, but when we try to cast from the notebook it attempts to connect, even shows on...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 - Devices not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 - Devices not connecting: Hi,We are trying to use a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 so that we can cast our notebook to a screen.We have plugged in the adapter to the TV and it is showing that it is ready to connect, but when we try to cast from the notebook it attempts to connect, even shows on...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 - Devices not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 - Devices not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 P3Q-00020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 P3Q-00020: My Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 P3Q-00020 failed after a firmware update. It does not boot up and I cannot reset it with the reset button. It is only less than 4 months old. Can anyone help me? Is there anyway to connect to it and reload/update the firmware? Is...
  7. Windows Display Adapter V2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Display Adapter V2: I have a new Microsoft Display Adapter that has the newest firmware on it. I also have a new Surface Laptop 3. I try to cast my screen to the display adapter with a brand new monitor as well. It shows attempting to connect then fails. I tried the adapter on multiple...
  8. Surface Pro 7 Dual Monitor Support with Microsoft wireless display adapter

Surface Pro 7 Dual Monitor Support with Microsoft wireless display adapter: Does the Surface Pro 7 and 2 Wireless Display Adapters support two external monitors with the Wireless/HDMI/USB adapters sold as an accessory with the Surface Pro 7? My displays have HDMI and USB. y question is about the Surface Pro 7 Windows 10?...
  9. Wireless adapter not working properly on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless adapter not working properly on Surface Pro 4: Split from this thread. Hi....recently I received the latest Windows 10 Pro Evaluation Copy (Build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528) on my Surface Pro 4 and now my Wireless Adapter is not working properly. At times I would be connected but only for a few minutes and then it...
  10. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Wifi Direct

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Wifi Direct: Hello, I have a smartphone Galaxy J5 (2016) which does not have the feature of screen mirroring like in the S-series, but it has a WiFi direct option. Is it possible to transmit a video from the smartphone to the flat TV/MWDA by using my smartphone's WiFi direct option?...