Windows 10: Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows

Discus and support Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello all, I have an issue where Microsoft Word 2016 starts up with Windows when the computer boots up. It seems to have started about 2 weeks ago.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ArazelEternal, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows

Hello all,

I have an issue where Microsoft Word 2016 starts up with Windows when the computer boots up. It seems to have started about 2 weeks ago. I cant think of anything I did or changed, but one day, Word had started up on its own with the machine. Ive looked in all the common startup locations, used the Startup tab in Task Manager, and used autoruns from Sysinterals to see if there is a autorun reccord for Word, and I cant find anything about it.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

ArazelEternal, Nov 12, 2017

2. columns in word pad

Not possible in WordPad, you need a professional word processor such as Microsoft Word or the free Libre Writer to do that.

Buy Microsoft Word:

Buy Word 2016 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/word-20...

How to Start and End a Column in Microsoft Word 2016 - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/start-end-colu...

Free - Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project ...

Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

Columns - LibreOffice Help

Columns - LibreOffice Help

Andre Da Costa, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Window 10 its new to me

Preparing Resumes and Cover Letters is normally done in a professional word processor such as Microsoft Word.

Click Start, type: Microsoft Word

The hit Enter

If Microsoft Word is not installed, you will need to reinstall it from the original install media.

Windows 10 Tip: Where to Find and Install Your
    Desktop Programs

If you don't have a license for Microsoft Office versions 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 or Office 365, you will need to purchase a license:

Buy Microsoft Word 2016 - Microsoft Store

If you cannot afford Word 2016, you can download and use the free Writer word processor included with the Libre Office suite:

LibreOffice Fresh | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project ...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows

Cliff S, Nov 12, 2017
  5. i knew of the new startup behaviour. However, it never acted like this before. If I shut the computer down with apps open before, it would re open those apps with the next restart. If I made sure to shut down all apps before the computer, it would come up clean (without the apps starting up) the next time. Now, these apps open up the next restart whether I leave them open when I shut down the computer or not.

6. Cliff S New Member
    You don't happen to have word in your starup folders, maybe?

Run dialog:
    shell:startup

shell:common startup

Cliff S, Nov 12, 2017
  7. Ive checked those, as well as using Autoruns from Sysinternals to see if it shows up. It doesnt show up anywhere.

8. Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows

UPDATE:

I seem to have fixed this issue by restarting via the Alt+F4 command at the desktop. I dont really know what was going on or why, but this seemed to fix Word coming up with Windows.

ArazelEternal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows

1. Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word 2016

2. Outlook & Word 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook & Word 2016: The last week or there abouts when I receive an email message in outlook it seems to play the default sound rather than the one I’ve assigned. The sounds ‘Desktop mail notification’ and ‘New Mail Notification’ were set back to default in control panel – sounds. So, I set them...
  3. how to recover unsaved work in microsoft word 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover unsaved work in microsoft word 2016: how can i recover unsaved work in microsoft word 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-unsaved-work-in-microsoft-word-2016/3ab82746-229f-4c48-a6ae-567f38bbce9f
  4. Dictate Word 2016.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictate Word 2016.: Is there a program called dictate that I can download and use with Word 2016. If so where can I go to download it? Thank you in advance. Mike *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Running Microsoft word 2010 alongside Word 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running Microsoft word 2010 alongside Word 2016: Hi All, We have an application that is currently running Windows 7, 32 bit office install. The application needs upgrading to Windows 10, and will therefore have a 64 bit install of office2016. We have been told by the application vendor, that they have clients who are...
  6. Microsoft Word 2016 Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Word 2016 Printing: Microsoft Word 2016 closes when I try to print. All available updates have been installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-2016-printing/141b5ac4-ec99-4cb0-aab8-ec8e87a3fdc3
  7. Word 2016

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 2016: I am unable to open home page I have reinstalled the product but I still cannot open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016/1534d006-b45d-41a6-85c6-cb5274dcc1f4"
  8. dictation in MS Word 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dictation in MS Word 2016: MS Word does not activate mic when I click on mic icon. mic does work thru Cortana but not through Word icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-in-ms-word-2016/5aafd46b-65b9-4cde-9268-03bcbd2abb87
  9. word 2016 dissappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word 2016 dissappeared: I purchased word 2016 in 2016 and used it quite often to create quite a few documents and without notice or any action from me it disappeared along with my documents, how do I get it back?...
  10. Word 2016 Pasting problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2016 Pasting problem: Ken, did as you suggested , all options are as yours. Not running BitDefender , again all my options are as yours, but changing the internet option worked! , many thanks Great *Thumbs glad it worked!