Windows 10: Microsoft Works 7.0 won't install on Win 10

Discus and support Microsoft Works 7.0 won't install on Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Works 7.0 won't install on Win 10 However, I have it installed on my other windows 10 computer without issue so far. The issues Works is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by groze, Dec 1, 2017.

1. groze Win User

Microsoft Works 7.0 won't install on Win 10

However, I have it installed on my other windows 10 computer without issue so far. The issues Works is not detecting that Internet explorer in installed. It tried to install the Internet explorer & tools that came with it & says it can't be installed on 64 bit machine. I thought about converting it to a 32 bit system but I don't think it would still install. Anyway to fix this issue?

:)

groze, Dec 1, 2017

2. Unable to install JASC 5 in WIN 10

When I had Win 7.0 and downloaded Jasc 5.0 it worked fine. Also when I downloaded the free version of Win 10 on the same computer it still worked. However when I bought a new laptop (with Win 10) and tried installing Jasc 5.0 from the disk it said
    it is not compatible. Is there a way I can get it to work. I love that old version of Jasc.

VivianFarmer, Dec 1, 2017
  3. SpyderNut Win User
    Windows 10 Insider Preview 15063.11 - Defender won't start, Admin access broken

Yes, it has worked fine since installing Win 10 Pro way back when it first came available. Upgraded from Win 7. (I skipped all the headaches in-between 7 and 10)

If I try to open the WDSC program from the Start menu, I get a box with the logo inside for about 5 seconds then it closes. It won't stay running.

UPDATE is not showing all the history, but, it has tried to update "Bing Bar 7.0 14 times in a row. I had this problem a few months back after I uninstalled Big and Bing Bar.

SpyderNut, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Works 7 is probably too old but Works 9 is okay, also last version produced. Haven't tried 8.5 yet, may as soon as I find the disc. And some older programs are particular when it comes to 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows, critical to know which version is installed.

One doesn't simply 'convert' from one type or bitness of the OS to the other, requires a clean install.

Berton, Dec 1, 2017
  5. groze Win User
    I knew that. I already had hard enough time to get it switched to mbr & to be able to backup the system but that was resolved. I probably try it later, I think it still won't install. Unless someone knows how to modify the registry to look like internet explorer 6.??? or 7 & outlook is already installed. I don't why manufactures put gpt table on a 500 gb drive & use secure boot. I just got a Inspiron 3552 laptop. I also don't know if Windows update will have 32 bit drivers.

groze, Dec 1, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Why bother when you can use online MS Offi apps or use e.g. Libre Office which should read older MSWorks files? Worth trying at least.

cereberus, Dec 1, 2017
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.
    even better idea.

why not run those old legacy apps as a Virtual Machine --you could even run them on an XP VM - just give the XP machine 768MB (yes less than 1GB) of RAM and it will fly on modern machines. If you don't like XP run VISTA or W7 as VM's. I would advise against running an older version of W10 as a VM because it's quite hard to stop the wretched thing updating itself -- updates are good for typical users but if you want to run legacy (i.e old or discontinued) software you need a stable environment that doesn't automatically update.

If you have no experience of VM's -- it's a great learning curve anyway so you should have a bit of fun setting it up. A typical modern laptop can easily run some VM's these days.

As far as an office clone is concerned -- try WPS Office -- works far better as an Ms Office clone than Libre Office and is FREE as well and works on Windows 10. It's 99.9% compatible with Ms Office -- seems to be --even EXCEL although no VBA stuff -- most people don't use VBA in their EXCEL work anyway.

Free Office Software, Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012

Note - there's no email client so you'll need to find one if you use email -- I like Thunderbird as you can run loads of accounts and also connect to exchange servers but there are loads of other ones out there depending on your needs.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 2, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

I was about to suggest that Jimbo, I think this is the user's best option.

swarfega, Dec 2, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    No disrespect but this is a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I can understand doing this for legacy bios games or apps that do not have a modern equivalent.

Anyway, you need licences for even XP vms.

Using a modern equivalent is the answer ie time to move on!

cereberus, Dec 2, 2017
  10. Superfly Win User
    There is Microsoft Works version 9.7.613 free which apparently works on 10 - dunno how legit it is a I can't find official download link..

BTW: WPS Office free is good but be aware it's adware.

Superfly, Dec 2, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    I've read that LibreOffice can open Works files too.

swarfega, Dec 2, 2017
  12. groze Win User
    I got it working but it wasn't easy. It caused some other issues but I got those fixed as well. Using x86(32bit) it installed all the drivers but one. The pci encryption/decryption controller is not needed. It is basically a driver for systems that use secure boot on a 64 bit system. That took sometime to find that information out. So, I just disabled it. No issues with doing that. Works may have caused a problem with the startmenu crashing & causing duplicate shortcuts in the start menu. I fixed it using TDLrecover.exe plus options. I didn't have to restore pinned items back.

The reason I want 7.0 is for the Microsoft works Database. I created a checkbook programs that work very well for me. I wanted it on the laptop. I got a couple of those works 7 cd.

I have 5 columns. Date, Item used, Place used, Credit, Debit & Balance. The Balance column is locked. To tell the database what to do, I put in =Balance+Credit-Debit it worked years for me. If there was any free program that would do that please let me know. I will try it out on the laptop.

groze, Dec 2, 2017
  13. Barman58 Win User

There are many free options to edit what is basically an Excel spreadsheet, in it's basic form all databases, (databasii ?) , are single (FlatFile database) or multiple (Relational Database) spreadsheets.

You should have an option to export your database into Excel format, which you can then load into one of the many Excel Clones LibreOffice has the best reviews, Online spreadsheets from Microsoft or Google Etc.

The other thing is that even the simplest of the spreadsheet options should have far better math / financial functions available to you than one of the older Works packages, and of course is likely to be supported long into the future which is not certain with works which I think may have been phased out with V9

Barman58, Dec 2, 2017
  14. Barman58 Win User
    For basic finacial records as @groze was asking about there are a few open source options one of them is Skrooge | Skrooge

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Works 7.0 won't install on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Works won't

2. Installing Win 10 over Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Win 10 over Win 7: Hi.My Laptop Dell Latitude has Windows 7 Ultimate with software i have installed such as games and music production software.I can upgrade to Win 10 from Microsoft. The lap top can run Win 10 because i have two of them. One has 10 installed but the drive has dislodged and...
  3. Installing Win 10 over Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Win 10 over Win 7: Hi.My Laptop Dell Latitude has Windows 7 Ultimate with software i have installed such as games and music production software.I can upgrade to Win 10 from Microsoft. The lap top can run Win 10 because i have two of them. One has 10 installed but the drive has dislodged and...
  4. Installing Win 10 over Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?: Win 7: OneDrive Desktop cannot install. 'No KERNEL32 entry point' GDrive, MegaSync, Dropbox Desktop Apps have no issue installing. System32 has kernel32.dll in it.The problem is with OneDrive Desktop. Needs fixing for Win 7 use....
  6. OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?: Win 7: OneDrive Desktop cannot install. 'No KERNEL32 entry point' GDrive, MegaSync, Dropbox Desktop Apps have no issue installing. System32 has kernel32.dll in it.The problem is with OneDrive Desktop. Needs fixing for Win 7 use....
  7. Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10: HelloI did something stupid and installed a Windows 7 registry backup to windows 10 and now I can't access anything, command prompt, registry etc. I was messing around with the registry previously to stop antimalware service from running as it was slowing down my system, I...
  8. Dual boot Win10 and Win 7. Win 10 Hijacks win 7, and won't play nice.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win10 and Win 7. Win 10 Hijacks win 7, and won't play nice.: Hi and good morning. I am a noob with Win 10, and am doing what I can to figure it out. So here's the skinny. Win 7 is the default on Drive C. Win 10 is on Drive D. When I boot into win10, it automatically renames the D drive to C and makes itself the default. So after a few...
  9. Windows 10 won't activate after install on Win 7 machine.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't activate after install on Win 7 machine.: Had legit Win7 license on my PC. Bought Single use Win 10 from vendor that I have purchased from before with no issues. Have built a couple new machines this way. Both worked just fine. Bought a third and tried to install on my Win7 machine. I did not install any new...
  10. Updated from Win 7 to Win 10, Microsoft keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated from Win 7 to Win 10, Microsoft keyboard doesn't work: I've recently updated from Win 7 to Win 10. I have a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard, and since upgrading it no longer works in the Windows UI (not sure if that's the right term) or Internet Explorer. So it doesn't work in the Windows search bar, in folder search, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft works 7 install disc stopped working

2. works 7.0 windows 10

3. ms works 7.0 wont install on 64 bit

4. is microsoft works 7.0 and 8.5 compatible,
  5. i have microsoft work 7.0 it wount let me install it on my lap top is there a way of doing it,
  6. how to install msworks 7.0 on windows 10,
  7. microsoft works 7.0 windows 10,
  8. Is Microsoft works 7.0 compatable with internet explorer 11,
  9. how to install microsoft works 8.5 on windows 10,
  10. how to install microsoft works 7.0 on windows 10,
  11. microsoft works 7.0 install windows 10,
  12. microsoft works 7.0 will not run on windows 10 it says it cant be installed on 64 bit machine ,
  13. how to install microsoft works 7 in windows 10