Windows 10: Microsoft’s affordable Surface tablets will be primarily aimed at the education market

Discus and support Microsoft’s affordable Surface tablets will be primarily aimed at the education market in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last week, we reported that the Microsoft is planning to launch an affordable Surface tablet with Windows 10. Meanwhile, more information about this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 21, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s affordable Surface tablets will be primarily aimed at the education market

Last week, we reported that the Microsoft is planning to launch an affordable Surface tablet with Windows 10. Meanwhile, more information about this upcoming device surfaced online.

The upcoming Surface tablet is specially designed by focusing schools and educational institutions. Furthermore, the device won’t be running on the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor but instead, It will be running on an Intel processor. More details about the processor yet to be declared.

Since the device won’t be running on Snapdragon processor that means it won’t have Windows 10 ARM. In late 2016, at WinHEC, Microsoft partnered with Qualcomm to bring entire Windows 10 experience on a mobile chip (starting with Snapdragon 845). Earlier this year, various partner of Microsoft launched Windows 10 device with Qualcomm processor but there could be a number of reasons why Microsoft is not going to launch their own device with Qualcomm processor. Maybe the company doesn’t want to compromise the quality of the Surface product or company knows of limitations of the platform or they are waiting for something bigger and better.

The so-called “Edu surface” device will offer all day long battery life, Wi-Fi as well as LTE capabilities, USB-C port for ultra-fast charging. In addition, Microsoft is also working on cheaper Surface Accessories including Surface Pen and Surface Keyboard.

This time Microsoft is committed to launch an affordable device since they are targeting the education market. While on another hand, not using the Intel processor and Windows 10 ARM, Microsoft might end up making a high-end device and it will be little costly compared to Qualcomm processor.

Here take a note that, Windows 10 on ARM is not buried alive, Microsoft is working on this project very actively and it’s not ready to ship ‘yet’. The company constantly working on the optimizing the performance of it and maybe by the end of the 2018 or in early 2019, we’ll see the first glimpse of it.

We’ll soon see how Microsoft is going to compete with Apple’s recently launched iPad 2018. The whole story would be up-side-down if Microsoft managed to launch this affordable tablet with Windows 10 ARM. Let us know your thoughts in a comment below.

The post Microsoft’s affordable Surface tablets will be primarily aimed at the education market appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 21, 2018

2. Microsoft in Education

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Microsoft in Education course . I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to contact the Microsoft education support for further assistance on the issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/education/en-au/contact/Pages/default.aspx

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 21, 2018
  3. Does the Surface pen work on a windows 10 tablet

Hi,

Thank you posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of the Windows 10 Tablet?
    • What happens when you use Surface Pen on Windows 10 Tablet?
    Please be informed that the Surface Pen should work with any Tablet that uses the Wacom Feel Digitizer and may be backwards compatible with the older Penabled Wacom based Tablet PCs. The hardware came with one device may not be compatible with the other
    device.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Using Surface Pen

Home of the Microsoft Surface Device Family | Surface

Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft’s affordable Surface tablets will be primarily aimed at the education market

1. Microsoft’s affordable Surface tablets will be primarily aimed at the education market - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s affordable Surface

2. Surface Tablet Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  3. Surface Tablet Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  4. Surface Go now holds 1.24% of the Surface devices market share

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go now holds 1.24% of the Surface devices market share: According to the latest reports from AdDuplex, Microsoft’s latest entrant to the Surface family, the Surface Go now holds a market share of 1.24% of among the Surface devices. Microsoft which launched the Surface Go device on August 2nd in the US market enters the list of...
  5. Microsoft’s Windows 10 devices see growth in competitive tablet market

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 devices see growth in competitive tablet market: According to research firm Strategy Analytics, Microsoft is seeing growth in the tablet but Apple is regaining market share over its competitors. As always things aren’t looking much better in the tablet business. The tablet market continues to be impacted by a few major...
  6. RANT: If tablets and smartphones are such a small percentage of Microsoft's market, why do...

in Windows 10 Customization
    RANT: If tablets and smartphones are such a small percentage of Microsoft's market, why do...: I've never seen a response to this type of question before from anyone but other users, and I don't expect any different here, which is why I won't bother trying to reserve how I feel. Why is Microsoft pushing so hard for UWP? Modern/Metro/UWP has been around since 2012,...
  7. Surface Tablet- Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Tablet- Win10: I have a Surface Tablet Running Win10. Problem Is, I must Find the MODEL NUMBER! Everybody I ask says everthing you need is under the "KICKSTAND"! It IS NOT! The only thing there is the windows Logo & under it is 128GB the serial number 022838544753! How do I find...
  8. Microsoft’s marketing chief drops Surface Phone hints

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s marketing chief drops Surface Phone hints: We’ve been waiting for the Surface Phone for a long time now. With a rocky start to the launch of Windows 10 Mobile, many Windows diehard fans have been disappointed with some of the steps that Microsoft has taken, and feel like their entry into the mobile world hasn’t really...
  9. Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets: Surface Book 2 15” available for pre-order in 17 new markets starting today. m0WhrRIqT6Y Surface Book 2 is the most powerful Surface we’ve ever built, and customers love that they can run their most demanding applications from anywhere. For those of you who have been...
  10. Microsoft Surface launches a warranty primed for schools and education

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Surface launches a warranty primed for schools and education: Microsoft was founded on the principle that people can do remarkable things when technology is within reach. Core to our mission – to empower every student on the planet to achieve more – is working with educators, with students, and with school leaders on their journey to...