Windows 10: Microsoft’s Andromeda May Be a Modular Mobile Device

Discus and support Microsoft’s Andromeda May Be a Modular Mobile Device in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We have been covering Microsoft’s foldable phone project extensively ever since we first revealed details on the device back in October of last year.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft’s Andromeda May Be a Modular Mobile Device

Read more: Microsofts Andromeda May Be a Modular Mobile Device - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Feb 23, 2018

2. Future of Windows Phone 2017

I'm not certain that those photos are actual photos. There have been a few people that have artfully photoshopped what they imagine a Surface Phone would look like.

Anyhow, this is what I'm getting from all this:

Windows Mobile is dead. But so is Windows RT that was used on tablets. Now did Microsoft stop making tablets because RT didn't pan out for them? No, they started making Windows tablets that run the "desktop" version of Windows. So could they be paving the
    way to a Windows Phone that also uses the same architecture as their desktop/laptop platform?

Actually that's exactly what Andromeda has been said to be. A single operating system that's modular by design. Instead of an OS that has everything in it for any hardware configuration possible on any computer therefore making it necessary to design a separate
    mobile operating system for smartphones, Andromeda is said to be able to be installed with only the parts of the OS that are necessary for a particular electronic device. So why make an operating system that's modular if Microsoft is only interested in the
    desktop/laptop platform? Or are they interested in other platforms such as smartphones and mini tablets?

Also, Microsoft now has a patent on a folding screen that will fit inside your pocket.

Let's take another look.

• Electronic device that fits in your pocket.
    • Foldable screen that allows a larger tablet sized screen which coincidentally would be better apt for keeping a single operating system across all types of devices.
    • Operating system that modular and therefore able to adapt to a much wider variety of electronic devices.
    Are they paving the way to a Surface Phone or at least experimenting with the idea or what?

Mr. John85, Feb 23, 2018
  3. Microsoft should keep the lumia model

Windows 10 mobile is not the same as Windows 10 for computers. It's its own operating system. And Microsoft has published that it will end support for it altogether this January. And by that they mean no more updates for it.

Windows 10 Mobile won't work alongside of another operating system because it is an operating system. Say Windows Andromeda comes out in January just in time to replace Windows 10 mobile and Windows 10 for computers (Andromeda will be the same for both unlike
    Windows 10), then you may have the opportunity to upgrade to Andromeda and say goodbye to Windows 10. This is like what happened to several Windows 8.1 phones that were upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. However, I doubt it will turn out like that.

Mr. John85, Feb 23, 2018
  4. Faith Win User

For some odd reason I read the title of this as "Mass Effect Andromeda May Be a Modular Mobile Device

Faith, Feb 25, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    We'll eventually see if it may have a "Mass Effect" or not. *Tongue *Wink

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s Andromeda May Be a Modular Mobile Device - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s Andromeda May

2. Can't launch Mass Effect Andromeda

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch Mass Effect Andromeda: Electronic Arts Support redirected me here for an issue with the game Mass Effect Andromeda not launching. When I press play in Origin, the software disappears and reappears half a second later with nothing showing up in Task Manager....
  3. Complete Modularization of Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Complete Modularization of Default Apps: Properly modularize system apps so users can install/uninstall them freely.Some examples are:Alarms & Clock,Camera,Cortana,Get Help,Get Started,Maps,Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store,Photos,Video Editor,Your PhoneThis applications are nice to have for new users, but not for...
  4. Windows Mobile device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Mobile device: I can't get windows Mobile Device to open on my Win 10 computer. I need to install some software on a handheld device. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobile-device/78d0e256-d86d-4219-a58d-1f01ada06e44
  5. Microsoft confirms modular Windows 10 is coming to laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms modular Windows 10 is coming to laptops: Microsoft has now confirmed that the modular version of Windows 10 is finally coming to regular, single-screen laptops and notebooks first. The delays associated with the health crisis around the world have pushed back the launches of Surface Neo and other dual-screen PCs....
  6. Leak confirms modular Windows 10 supports traditional devices

in Windows 10 News
    Leak confirms modular Windows 10 supports traditional devices: Microsoft is reportedly shifting its focus for its modular Windows 10 operating system ’10X’ to put it on single screen devices, like standard clamshell laptops, 2-in-1s and notebooks. Windows 10X will not ship with the dual-screen Surface Neo this year and Microsoft is...
  7. Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center: Hello I'm trying to download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center from microsoft, but it seems that the link is broken. can anyone help me please https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4f68eb56-7825-43b2-ac89-2030ed98ed95&displaylang=en...
  8. windows mobile device

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mobile device: how i make microsoft outlook my default mail client. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-mobile-device/12a41f7f-70b8-4361-85a4-9701e30d9770
  9. windows mobil device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows mobil device: Navi Gopal Programm wartet auf mobile device Center, startet mit Fehlermeldung mobil device neu installieren, wo ist das Programm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-mobil-device/3a15f8e5-5738-4b97-a8ce-f89171c9eb7b
  10. Microsoft’s Andromeda: A Folio of the Future

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Andromeda: A Folio of the Future: [Over the past few weeks, we have been hearing a lot about the ‘Andromeda’ device that Microsoft is building. The hardware, if it is ever released, is Microsoft’s vision of the mobile future or at least a device that allows them to stay in the mobile conversation. If you...