Windows 10: Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center

Discus and support Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in 2017, Microsoft accidentally showed off Control Center on Windows 10 in a blog post and it was recently spotted in Screen Sketch app store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 20, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center

Back in 2017, Microsoft accidentally showed off Control Center on Windows 10 in a blog post and it was recently spotted in Screen Sketch app store listing. According to a patent application that was filed in January 2017, and published last week, Microsoft might be still working on Control Center.

Control Center on Windows 10 would be accessible with a taskbar ‘gear’ icon and just like the current Action Center, it will also allow users to enable features like WiFi, Bluetooth, brightness control, battery saver, airplane mode and night light. Unlike Action Center, Control Center is more straightforward and these buttons can be entirely customized.

A new patent published last week shows off the alleged Windows 10 Control Center features.

Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center Windows-10-Control-Center.jpg

“A method for moving an interface control includes displaying, via a graphical user interface of a computing display, an interface control having a first appearance at a first interface surface of the graphical user interface. Via a computing device operatively coupled to the computing display, a user input to move the interface control to a second interface surface is received. Upon receiving the user input, the interface control is displayed with a second appearance at the second interface surface. Based on displaying the interface control at the second interface surface of the graphical user interface, display of the interface control at the first interface surface is discontinued. The interface control provides a first level of functionality when displayed at the first interface surface and a second level of functionality when displayed at the second interface surface,” Microsoft explains.

so… is this a patent for control center ? pic.twitter.com/NRQPr8IDVB

— WalkingCat (@h0x0d) July 20, 2018

If the Control Center is indeed in the works, it should make its debut for Windows Insiders sometimes soon. It is, however, worth noting that Control Center won’t arrive until Windows 10 Redstone 6 release.

The post Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 20, 2018

2. Microsoft Patents Pressure-Sensitive Controller

Since Nintendo pushed the envelope, hardware manufacturers seem intent on making new controller types. Now that each of the big gaming companies have at least dabbled with motion controls, biometric feedback seems to be the next big thing. Sony is looking into biometric controllers to measure factors like sweat and heart rate. Not to be outdone, Microsoft is apparently considering a pressure-sensitive controller. The company has registered a US Patent (8,172,675) for a controller with a "pressure-sensitive exterior surface." The patent suggests that device memory could store the output signatures to identify users simply by how they grip the controller. And confirming that these plans relate to gaming, the patent also mentions the device as "a game controller that interacts with a game console service."

The patent makes repeated mention of the controller being used for identification, but doesn't go much deeper than that. Microsoft could potentially find gaming utilities, but doesn't seem to be going in that direction with the initial patent application. As always, a patent doesn't mean a product will ever come to market.

Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center 15692_4c7d30ff89ed7_nphd_thm.jpg

Source: Shacknews

TheMailMan78, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center

1. Microsoft’s latest patent shows off Windows 10’s Control Center - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s latest patent

2. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  3. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  4. Microsoft’s patent shows off dual-screen device with flexible stylus

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s patent shows off dual-screen device with flexible stylus: Years later after cancelling the dual-screen Courier device, Microsoft is said to be working on a new lineup of foldable mobile devices. Multiple patents have been spotted on the internet and all implies that Microsoft hasn’t totally given up on the idea of dual-screen...
  5. Patent shows off another dual-screen device from Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Patent shows off another dual-screen device from Microsoft: The foldable devices are in vogue this year with companies like Samsung, Huawei unveiling their foldable display mobile devices. Microsoft is also said to be working on its own foldable device and a new version of Windows optimized for such form factors. A new patent from...
  6. Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level: Microsoft’s latest patent hints at a unique concept that would improve the caller ID feature on our devices. The patent application in the question has nothing to do with the rumoured devices such as Andromeda. First discovered by us, a patent titled “Cross Device Companion...
  7. Microsoft’s latest patent addresses misalignment issue of dual-display system

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s latest patent addresses misalignment issue of dual-display system: Microsoft has patented yet another design for a dual-display device. The latest patent is about “multi-display systems” which could be a traditional desktop, notebook or table computers, hand-held personal digital assistants (PDAs). It appears that the patent has nothing to...
  8. Microsoft’s new demo shows off Windows 10’s Fluent Design

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new demo shows off Windows 10’s Fluent Design: Microsoft’s new design language called Fluent Design is already available in the existing versions of Windows 10, and most of the first party app supports it. Microsoft’s Fluent Design is supposed to revamp the look of Windows 10 with acrylic and the reveal effect in apps,...
  9. Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional...
  10. Microsoft inadvertently reveals new Windows 10 'Control Center'

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft inadvertently reveals new Windows 10 'Control Center': Earlier today, Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16199 to PCs in the Fast ring. It's the latest preview of what will eventually become the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, formerly known by its development codename, Redstone 3. In its announcement...