Windows 10: Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update

Discus and support Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is preparing a new update for OneDrive desktop client on Windows 10. Earlier this week, senior OneDrive PM Stephen Rose highlighted some new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 21, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update

Microsoft is preparing a new update for OneDrive desktop client on Windows 10. Earlier this week, senior OneDrive PM Stephen Rose highlighted some new features for OneDrive app and it’s arriving later this month with battery life improvements.

Microsoft is also adding other improvements like a new updated activity center and the ability to send feedback. Microsoft says that the new OneDrive client is designed to “help users feel more in control” and help them understand what’s happening with their files.

Microsoft is adding the following features to OneDrive desktop client on Windows:

• Pause OneDrive sync when Battery Saver is on.
    • You can Send Feedback to Microsoft’s OneDrive team.
    • New and improved Activity Center.
    Battery life improvements

Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update OneDrive-battery-life.jpg

To help conserve battery life on Windows devices, OneDrive will pause syncing when you switch your device into battery saver mode and the system will show a toast notification informing you about the change.

There will be an option “sync anyway” on Windows toast notification to un-pause sync while the system-wide battery saver is turned on.

When the device is no longer in “battery saver” mode, OneDrive will auto-resume the sync-activity to serve you better.

“We will also give you the option to ‘Sync anyway’, which will un-pause sync and will respect your selection while OneDrive is running (until you sign-out or exit OneDrive or shut down your device) even if the devices switches to/from “battery saver” mode,” Microsoft’s senior OneDrive PM Stephen Rose explains in a blog post.

Easily send your feedback to OneDrive team

Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update OneDrive-Feedback-option.jpg

Next up is the ability to send feedback to OneDrive team. This feature begins rolling out to customers in July 2018 and you will be able to send positive or negative feedback to Microsoft by clicking on “Send Feedback” option which can be under settings/preferences menu.

Microsoft says that the users can also suggest a new idea by clicking on “I have a suggestion,” which opens Microsoft’s UserVoice website.

“If your organization has “Report a problem” disabled, the same policy will also disable Send feedback,” Microsoft explains.

The all-new OneDrive Activity Center

Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update OneDrive-Activity-Center.jpg

Microsoft is also improving the OneDrive Activity Center, which is the go-to place for all status related activities. Microsoft says they’ve “modernized” the Activity Center and now you’ll more easily see the status of your files.

The post Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 21, 2018
  4. desennium Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop

2. BIG-IP Edge Client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIG-IP Edge Client: Hello,I uninstalled "BIG-IP Edge Client" without really checking what it does.Should I reinstall it?where is a recommended source to download it if I need to reinstall it?Thanks a lot,Egbouvie...
  3. Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade: Microsoft has been slowly ditching native apps with Progressive Web Apps in the Windows Store. In 2019, Microsoft replaced the native Windows app “My Office” with “Office”, which is essentially a web app that allows anyone to access Office.com without opening a browser....
  4. OneDrive desktop client antivirus exclusions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive desktop client antivirus exclusions: Hi, is there any way to tell OneDrive to stop scanning a given file, a given folder or a given file type for virus ? I have some basic text files .md ,txt that contains code examples that are flagged as virus. I tried to zip the file, stripping the file extension, etc,...
  5. Download of BIg IP Edge client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Download of BIg IP Edge client: so my school pdf said to uninstall all antivirus apps and I have done so, but I still get network error when I try to download BIGIPEdgeClient.exe please help....
  6. onedrive client login failure in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive client login failure in windows 10: I can't login ondrive using the client on windows 10 since last week. Any help appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-client-login-failure-in-windows-10/f26c1f08-03ba-4343-9bab-615ef4fe3b4b
  7. Microsoft announces big update for OneNote on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces big update for OneNote on Windows 10: Microsoft today announced that it is bringing some major new features to its OneNote application for Windows 10. The software maker has included file syncing support in OneNote for Windows 10. You would need to use the most recent version of OneNote while attaching a file...
  8. Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 is getting a big update with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 is getting a big update with Dark Theme: Microsoft To Do is an awesome app that helps you to get things done. The best thing about the app is that it is available in Android, iOS and of course Windows. By saying Windows we mean both PC and Mobile. The app looks similar and works perfectly on all these platforms. It...
  9. Microsoft Edge is getting a big update with Windows 10 Preview Build 17704

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is getting a big update with Windows 10 Preview Build 17704: Windows 10 Build 17704 comes with a long list of new features, improvements, bug fixes and of course, known issues. Windows 10 Build 17704 is also updating Microsoft Edge browser with a new settings page, Fluent Design improvements and much more. First and foremost,...
  10. Big Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Big Windows 10 Update: Starting to download now [img] 8844