Windows 10: Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.

Discus and support Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Project Spartan, Microsoft is building a new, modern browser for all Windows 10 devices: PCs, tablets and phones. Although the new rendering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 28, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.

Source

:)

labeeman, Feb 28, 2015

2. Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 28, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    garym123, Feb 28, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

So far it's all talk until we get to really see it and test it out. I hope it's as good as MS thinks it might be and if it is I'll switch over from my FF/Chrome usage.

BunnyJ, Feb 28, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Maybe the delay of febuary build is related to the development of Spartan. I know it's not supposed to appear in the next preview, but who knows?

*Smile

Vlad.

Vladimir, Feb 28, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    That would be nice to see that come out in the next build. *Smile

BunnyJ, Feb 28, 2015
  7. I and thousands of other PC users, gave up on I.E. decades ago, and went to Netscape. From there we went to Firefox, which is still improving by quantum leaps, every day.

Chrome? From the standpoint of a Computer Security person, I see Chrome as another PUP or even a Virus, by the way it sneaks into peoples computers and tries to take over. I'll find it on a customer's PC and ask them if they use it and they will usually respond, "what is it?". NO they don't use it, and just want it GONE.
    There should be nothing on any PC, outside of the OS, that the owner/user doesn't even recognize or that they didn't ask for.

A new MS browser? Thank you, I'll pass!

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Feb 28, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

How can you judge so fast since we've not even seen it yet?? I think to be fair you would wait until you had a chance to test it rather than discount it out of hand.

BunnyJ, Feb 28, 2015
  9. Microsoft's theme song *Tongue
    [youtube]XR14hsxNbm0[/youtube]

ThrashZone, Feb 28, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    So far MS has delivered for me at least.

BunnyJ, Feb 28, 2015
  11. You've already been assimilated *Wink

Microsoft's ultimate target is 7'ers and so far a few have said yes,
    I have said no to upgrading 7 but Microsoft is welcome to my unused 8.1 copy.

ThrashZone, Feb 28, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Ah,, yeah,, *really

BunnyJ, Feb 28, 2015
  13. Winuser Win User

I definitely want to try Spartan. I'm not going to make any judgements of Spartan until I get to test it. *Smile

Winuser, Feb 28, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    I'll take it if you or they don't want it!!! *Biggrin

Edwin, Feb 28, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    I don't think Spartan is going to blow our minds as if it were the greatest innovation since 'sliced bread' but I would like to see how Cortana is going to integrate with it compared to 'OK Google'.

Edwin, Feb 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser. - Similar Threads - Microsoft's Project Spartan

2. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  3. Project Spartan fails to open

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan fails to open: Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as...
  4. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  5. Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan: I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this? 5004
  6. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  7. Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan: I am excited to announce significant expansions to the Microsoft Bounty Programs. We are evolving the 'Online Services Bug Bounty, launching a new bounty for Project Spartan, and updating the Mitigation Bypass Bounty. This continued evolution includes additions to the...
  8. Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10: Today I’m excited to share more details about “Project Spartan,” the new browser we are introducing in Windows 10. Project Spartan will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. Project Spartan is designed to work...
  9. Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser: A new web browser called Project Spartan has been introduced in Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10049. It's still not finished, but Windows Insider members can start playing with it to leave some feedback. Microsoft reminds us that this preview is not a polished,...
  10. Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan: Microsoft is working on a new web browser called Spartan and while that is not the name the company will use to market the app, it is the moniker by which it is referring to it during its development. This browser will come with Windows 10 and will feature deep integration...