Windows 10: Microsoft's recent history with consumer products and services

Discus and support Microsoft's recent history with consumer products and services in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the Satya Nadella era, Microsoft is all business. Well, almost all business. Microsoft's gaming division seems pretty healthy these days.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft's recent history with consumer products and services

Read more: Microsoft's steady retreat from consumer products is nearly complete | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Feb 25, 2018

2. How do I get sRGB images to display correct in unmanaged applications on windows 10 RS2/Creator's update with a Wide Gamut Display?

Microsoft continuously improves the products and services provided by the consumers by releasing a Windows Update to enhance the functionality of Windows 10.

Regards.

Jamille Nar, Feb 25, 2018
  3. Bryan2010 Win User
    Why ins't there a better push to get apps on Windows phones?

Lousy response.. Your response is NOT the answer.

The store serves merely as a lousy excuse for a store.. That's the only thing truthful that can be said about it..

6 months after Windows 10 is released there are about 3 whole new apps in the store ...meanwhile dozens of them have disappeared. Microsoft has a responsibility and even an obligation to persuade, push, finance, and even co-develop apps for it's customers
    who have invested their hard-earned money into Microsoft's products. Yet they're sitting on their **** with regard to building out products and services for consumers and they're not even making an effort to promote Windows mobile. Period. Chris Capsossela
    (Microsoft's Marketing chief) is an idiot.. his recent quotes in the press ..of which he refers to "you know, viruses and stuff" shows he's a technical moron. A pure idiot! Marketing leadership is what destroyed Microsoft last decade and until they fire
    this marketing buffoon of 20 years seniority the company will continue to miss when it comes to consumers. I've never seen such an out-of-touch executive and the consistent release of pathetic garbage software products and services for consumers from a company as
    what flows from Microsoft.

Microsoft doesn't care about it's customers.. Only the greenbacks in their wallets..

Bryan2010, Feb 25, 2018
  4. Microsoft's recent history with consumer products and services

Hi,
    Nearly 2 billion in search advertising is not a drop in the bucket it's in users faces lol *Tongue

ThrashZone, Feb 26, 2018
  5. I wonder if just possibly, that will mean less telemetry gathering and what now, since now Microsoft's focus is no longer private consumers. Will they perhaps try to reinvigorate Windows Phone, or some other Windows RT variant?

I think they realize they are late to the game by trying to compete with the likes of Google or Apple.

Jody Thornton, Feb 26, 2018
  6. RickC Win User
    It sounds like the company has had enough of getting its fingers burnt with tangibles. The *only* successful Microsoft hardware product I can think of is the 30-yr-old Microsoft Mouse and, after divesting itself of Nokia, I think any resurgence of Windows Phone is unlikely. The developers have been re-purposed and - as we all know - *we* consumers now appear to be the QA team.

With the failure of the Store (both in revenue and developer support), it also appears MS is caught in a cleft stick. With an eye on Apple's cash mountain, MS appears desperate to force consumers into a similar 'walled garden' approach (including the continuation of trying to lock down Windows slowly but surely to stop us 'tweaking') yet without the required 3rd-party developer support that's fundamental to success.

RickC, Feb 26, 2018
  7. Cr00zng Win User
    Late or not to compete with others, MS is not going to drop telemetry gathering. They may never reach the likes of Apple, Google, etc., but MS will not say no for $7-8B per year additional revenue*. Especially, when the infrastructure is already in place for this revenue source, the consumers more or less already accepted telemetry, and if anything, it'll continue to grow. Not to mention that MS still has the option of in OS/Apps ads that could boost this revenue source greatly.

This is just a business decision that influenced by the executive board, Wall Street, stock holders, etc., without much regard to the consumers. And it's not specific to MS, any other business would make the same decision, if given the chance...

*-The report quotes quarterly earning, roughly $1.8B for three month period. The average daily revenue from this source is about $20M per day.

Cr00zng, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft's recent history with consumer products and services

1. Microsoft's recent history with consumer products and services - Similar Threads - Microsoft's recent history

2. Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?: Of course the answer is in the question. Microsoft doesn't care about consumers. They don't have any money and they don't know anything about computers.That is where professional users come in. They have lots of money and they don't know anything about computers. I am old and...
  3. Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?: Of course the answer is in the question. Microsoft doesn't care about consumers. They don't have any money and they don't know anything about computers.That is where professional users come in. They have lots of money and they don't know anything about computers. I am old and...
  4. Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product Key in Microsoft Order History

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key in Microsoft Order History: Hello,I purchased Windows 10 Home from Microsoft awhile back and I used to be able to access the product key from order history. However, when I log into my order history all it tells me is how I payed for it. Should I be looking in a different place now? I need the product...
  6. Product Key in Microsoft Order History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key in Microsoft Order History: Hello,I purchased Windows 10 Home from Microsoft awhile back and I used to be able to access the product key from order history. However, when I log into my order history all it tells me is how I payed for it. Should I be looking in a different place now? I need the product...
  7. Product Key in Microsoft Order History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Will Microsoft launch a consumer Microsoft 365 subscription product?

in Windows 10 News
    Will Microsoft launch a consumer Microsoft 365 subscription product?: Microsoft has put a strong focus on subscriptions in the past couple of years. The company launched Office 365 for consumers, businesses and Enterprises, and Microsoft 365 for businesses and Enterprises. The two subscription-based products provide customers with access to...
  9. Product Key history?

in Windows 10 Support
    Product Key history?: Did someone in TenForum mention a freeware program that could detect the Windows product key upgraded FROM? I thought I saw that a week or so ago but didn't note it then. Please don't reply with Keyfinder and Belarc Advisor. I am not asking about a program to view a current...
  10. In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off

in Windows 10 News
    In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off: Read more: In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off | ZDNet They also bought then abandoned Links Golf. They sold the old IP off and the old game is still sold today. Just a minor patch to the old game. They really have ruined just about everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft consumer products history